By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for J D 8

Here is a list of all the postings J D 8 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Not all FHSS are equal...
17/04/2020 15:30:33

Hi David, I have come across the same problem with an XY-4 FHSS receiver that came in a box of stuff at club bring and buy, just will not bind to my T8j.

As well as Futaba receivers in larger models I use Corona R6SF and R4SF in smaller models.

John.

Thread: Poorly OS40 repair
17/04/2020 15:05:49

Hi Jon, I have an ASP 70 that was given to me along with the shed of a puppeteer it was in. Nowhere near as poor condition as yours. Piston seal is good, both valves seal ok but I just could not get it to run more than a few phuts.

Turning it over while dribbling thin washing up liquid over the head showed it was not sealing. Tried one shim, two shims, no shim but nothing helped.

Looking at the head one feels it could do with another head bolt on the other side of the glow plug but I think the exhaust port is in the way. Well distorted I recon.

Cheers John.

Thread: Mosquito Magic
13/04/2020 21:47:47

Very good and no silly music only merlin music.smiley

Thread: Another "which radio?" Question
09/04/2020 19:06:41

Hi David, I use an 8j with a wide range of aircraft. Moving from FF7 [ also still in use] was straight forward.

For my larger IC types I stay with Futaba's own S-FHSS RX R2006gs and R2008gs rx's. For lightweights/foamies I use Corona [ not the virus] R6FS and R4SF rx,s. All have been good.

Cheers, John.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
09/04/2020 15:04:22

yes for her and all others doing the same.

Thread: Plane resurrections pbs america
08/04/2020 11:32:50

Another vote for Kermie Cam, Much enjoyed all three parts of the Wildcat vid's. Going along for the ride was fun.

A few years ago some clubmates went on a trip to Fantasy of flight and happened to meet Kermit who on finding they had come from Wales gave then a personal tour. [ jealous I was ]

Thread: Cox 0,49 vs PAW 80
06/04/2020 11:35:24

My Frog 100 mk3 has a starter spring.

05/04/2020 18:48:01

I have both these engines. If you want small and fast [ and noisy ] the Cox. For something a bit larger and aerobatic then the PAW with it's ability to swing a large propeller [ for a small engine ] would be best.

Thread: Converting C/L model to RC
04/04/2020 12:41:54

One thing to watch for on CL designs is some had the inner wing of slightly greater span.

Thread: Flap / down elevator mix
02/04/2020 16:04:39

The Seafire had multi position flaps, unlike the earlier versions of Spitfire on which only up or full down.

When taking off a carrier a Seafire pilot could select some 15 degrees flap.

When launching Spitfires from a carrier as in the resupply of Malta Spitfire pilots would select down flap and then deck crew would hold in position wooden wedges [ fingers ] and signal the pilot to select up flap. The flaps would then be held in take off position. Once up a safe altitude the flaps were cycled for the wedges to fall away.

Thread: Paw 35
31/03/2020 19:34:20

I have an Irvine 40 diesel with twin needle carb, setting up is much the same as glow.

I have two PAW's and both are air bleed carbs, the setting of these is different only in the direction you turn the screw.

Thread: Motor query
25/03/2020 11:40:15

Good advice above but be aware that some will push you toward a set that does a lot more than you need and therefore more complicated to set up [ seen it happen many times ] and then the new or returning modeler has to get someone else to do the set up.

If your long time ago was before computer radios you may wish to remain with the more basic radio.

24/03/2020 17:09:24

New life down on the farm, one hour old.sam_1750.jpg

Thread: Covid 19
24/03/2020 09:29:33

China planning to lift the lock down on Wuhan city on 8 April.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the virus rate.

23/03/2020 21:25:23

Fifty years ago had the virus started then in Wuhan I doubt it would have spread very far The China of that time would probably have not even reported it to the West.

The cost of low cost air transport may prove to be more than ever predicted.

23/03/2020 21:08:36

It is blood, toil, tears and sweat time for many but for most it is just stay home.

I am glad we have Boris and not Trump.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
22/03/2020 12:16:00

Used to have a dour Scottish vet come to the farm, he would say

Horses, dangerous both ends and unsafe in the middle.yes

Thread: Covid 19
22/03/2020 11:39:30

Here on the Welsh coast I live right under the main air corridor to the Americas. Clear blue sky's and few aircraft to be seen. No contrails blotting out the sun.smiley

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
22/03/2020 08:58:57

Ten years ago I caught the swine flu which turned to pneumonia. I was in hospital for ten days mostly in the intensive care unit [ went in just before Christmas and when I came to it was new year ] They had me out earlier than they liked as bed's were needed for others. It was a skin of the teeth job, had I been a smoker or asmatic the Doc said I would have been a goner.

Local hospital has just 8 ICU beds as standard [ now up to 28 ] but we are now finding many people from away coming to holiday houses and caravans. Cant blame them I suppose but the local services will not cope if the virus takes hold here.

Thread: IC Engine Bearings...
21/03/2020 14:09:47

I wonder how that chap knew when to put the catch rope on the puller jack of the ship prop ?

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!