By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Keith Evans 3

Here is a list of all the postings Keith Evans 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Rick Wakeman - Piano Portraits
18/10/2018 11:11:26

Many years ago I went to a Rick Wakeman concert in The Parc and Dare theatre in Treorchy , Rhondda . A great story teller and musician .One of the stories he relates is about "Morning has Broken". He did the complete arrangement and solo work and Cat Stevens never gave him a mention or a royalty .He was not on very good terms with him after that .

Thread: Exhaust options
09/10/2018 10:17:04

Try an exhaust extension from Just Engines .

Thread: Electric Junior 60 Watts Per Pound
06/10/2018 11:09:25

Hi David .What did you use to stick the Doculam on with . Keith

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
03/10/2018 10:28:15

p1020795.jpgThis is my last winter build project ---"Snowy Owl" by Andy Lennon .I finished it about 3 months ago but needed for the "newness" to wear off before it flew .It was one of my most challenging builds to date .It introduced me to a number of innovations and construction issues .John Ballinger of our club maidened it last week .Apart from a few clicks on some trims here and there it flew well .If anyone is looking for something different to build I can recommend this and if you have Andy's book it will add to your enjoyment .p1020793.jpg The plan and build guides can be down loaded from Outerzone .

Thread: Depth Perception.
27/09/2018 16:49:37

I'm over 70 now and have been wearing Varifocals for over 30 years .I have no problems with flying and landing using them .The only activity I used to take them off for was Squash which I gave up 10 years ago .

Thread: Plan protection
25/09/2018 11:31:05

The clear backings from covering films .

Thread: Battle of Britain: Model Squadron
25/09/2018 11:29:55

Hi BEB , did the same and got the same reply .It was so easy to do on the "link" .And as you say the more the better .

Thread: Disappearing Lasers
24/09/2018 10:12:59

Good for you Jon . Keith

Thread: Identification needed
23/09/2018 12:27:22

Thanks Brocken Prop .I'll go to sleep much easier now .

Thread: Attention newbies !!!
22/09/2018 18:47:49

A low wing trainer with mild aerobatic performance .Along the lines of Tony ' s high wing trainer, SKY 40 , published a few years back and now available from SLEC as a kit .SKY is still the model I start the year off flying again .

Thread: Identification needed
22/09/2018 18:40:18

p1020837.jpg

Can anyone identify the plane in the photo .It was taken two weeks ago while on holidays in Portugal .I could not translate the inscription on the plaque as my Portuguese only copes with "ola" and "vinho Branco por far vore" .p1020836.jpg

Thread: How much to charge
01/09/2018 09:43:44

If I were to repair planes for club members it would be on the scale of 1 ,2 or 3 three bottles of at least13% to 14% of red wine .I'm not a fussy wine drinker .So if they could get a bargain offer so much the better . The "bottle rate" was dependent on the amount of damage incurred .This rate included materials and time . We were all happy with this .

Thread: Hi Everyone
29/08/2018 11:31:23

I think there should be a government health warning sticker on all plans ,kits and ARTF's of WW11 fighter planes ."NOT FOR FIRST TIME FLYERS" . I jest .

Thread: Diesel exausts
29/08/2018 11:26:23

Hi all .I've all my glow engines fitted with standard B@Q plastic pipe ,some of it up to about 9" to 10" long for about 6 to 7 years now to minimise the mess .Yes I agree that power may be down but the way I fly ,mostly on 1/4 to 1//2 throttle it is not a concern and I suffer no over heating . On the diesel side the B@Q pipe melts through in two flights .I stayed away from silicon as I believe it is attacked by the fuel hence the use of Tygon for all fuel lines . The current length of tubing on my PAW 35 is about 2" and seems to run fine . Thanks for all the feedback. Keith

27/08/2018 19:15:38

I'm currently using a short length of old petrol hose pipe on my PAW 35 held on with a hose clip as an extender .What do others use to get the mucky stuff away from the model. I'm not thinking of a custom made job or anything that requires a lathe .

Thread: Chapter One Aileron Wing
26/08/2018 18:39:27

Hi DeeBee ---I have the aileron wing plan .Send me a pm and we can work something out . Keith

Thread: Eureka moments
23/08/2018 10:02:07

My Eureka moment came when I found that left over and salvaged control horn bolts were the right size to tap through servo arms . I could then extend an arm by bolting a cut off arm onto the top of the existing arm through two holes .

Thread: Oracovering
21/08/2018 09:29:56

What could be used instead of Prymol and Clearcoat when it comes to covering .

Thread: C of G Which way up and why?
19/08/2018 10:33:08

Nose down ! ! ! I've never really questioned this in the past , but how can a model "balance " nose down ? I've seen this and do it myself . If I were to try and balance a long piece of wood on a sharp fulcrum it would either balance or tip one way or the other .It would not "balance" nose down. Is it something to do with friction between the balance fulcrum and the wing surface ?

Thread: Flaps
18/08/2018 12:44:08

Hi all . Thanks again for all the valuable info .The next time I fly , weather not too great at the moment ,I'll try out the suggestions at a good hight in my SKY 40 .

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Motion RC
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us