By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alan Thorpe

Here is a list of all the postings Alan Thorpe has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Cambria Slingsby Eagle Restoration
22/05/2019 10:34:55

Well done on a great restoration, it looks perfect in that scheme.

Videos are fantastic, great to see the restoration and slope soaring film so well.

Nice one!

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
21/05/2019 11:51:47

Stuphedd that looks amazing, the understated paint job set it off so well, great looking model and fantastic photos!

Martian your sturmovick looks unreal, some amazing scale details, is the maiden soon??

Thread: Spring is here. Who is flying?
02/05/2019 11:09:48

Great looking models the Rocket and the Baron!

Too many nice models all over this site actually, its fantastic.

01/05/2019 21:47:10

Got 6 new batteries at the weekend and ran them throughon the P47 sans undercarriage for some belly landings.

Perfect flying after a heavy shower.

Pity I have no photos of it in the air, next time!

20190501_193948.jpg

Thread: RC Castle
30/04/2019 22:51:14

Hey Kevin,

Ah fantastic stuff!! That is great, yup I am definitely interested!

Grand, I'll pm you now.

Thanks a million,

Alan

Thread: Motor pulsing
30/04/2019 17:16:31

I had the same problem a while ago and everthing looked ok at motor and esc....but motor kept pulsing too. So I carefully stripped back a small patch of insulation with exacto blade on each of 3 motor wires so I could do continuity test as far as the esc connector.

Turned out one wire had open circuit just at connector but the heat shrink and insulation held it together so well, that it looked and felt perfect.

Resoldered it and everything was perfect.

Let us know how you get on.

Thread: RC Castle
30/04/2019 12:17:27

Hey lads,

Thanks so much for your replies that's great! Brilliant stuff so.

Kevin thanks a million for the offer, I am after a prop, spinner and retract gear. Poor Fw190 has been marinating in self pity waiting to be repaired!

Cheers lads, great to hear your positive feedback!

Thanks

Alan

29/04/2019 23:44:42

Hi,

I need spares for TopRc Focke Wolf and see them available on website RC Castle.....however the copyright date of the website is 2014. Anyone know if they are still trading ior is it a zombie site?

Cheers

Alan

Thread: What's your do everything model, or do you have one of everything?
05/04/2019 18:41:25
Posted by Andy G. on 05/04/2019 09:16:17:

My favorite go to plane has to be my Red Eagle, RCME free plan some time ago, nice steady flier, will handle a variety of wind speeds and is just as happy down on our patch as it is on the slopes... That said, when the red mist comes over me the HobbyKing Teksumo wing just has to have the living daylights wrung out of it!

Have to agree with Andy, Red Eagle is by far and away my most often flown plane, its fantastic. Its very relaxing to fly and out of a 3S 2200mAh its easy to get very long flights 40 mins to 50 if the conditions are good.

I have other planes and enjoy them a lot, but just for duration of flights and relaxed flying, the Red Eagle is perfect.

Thread: Typhoon Documentary
03/03/2019 23:39:21

No problem Bob!

Intriguing stories especially when they were flying of strips in France.....or getting mistaken for Fw190s!

03/03/2019 00:06:54

Saw this on youtube. Amazing documentary.

Apologies if this is repeated somewhere already.

https://youtu.be/3KFQ2P5xGSI

Thread: Red Eagle
02/03/2019 00:07:42

Hey Michael,

Great looking red eagle! Nice fillets on the outer wing panels and trailing edge....wish I had done that now!

Have you flown it yet??

Hope you enjoy it. I've flown it the most out of me fleet for past few years and love it. It flies so well, easy get 40 mins plus out of a 2200 if conditions are good.

Hope you are enjoying flying your model!!

Cheers

Alan

Thread: Who wants a Warbird Replics Hurricane?
11/02/2019 19:40:18
Amazing looking hurricane! Hard to choose which I prefer.....bones look fantadtic, camoflage looks fantastic!! Well done!
Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
12/11/2018 20:11:19
Hi Erfolg,

Nice Albatross! Nah, not this planes maiden, but its my maiden flight with it!

Amazing flyer.

Cheers
Alan

Edited By Alan Thorpe on 12/11/2018 20:13:04

12/11/2018 00:03:03

Parkzone Albatross just maidened today on a perfect Dawn patrol with 0 wind!

20181111_094413.jpg

Thread: Pop bottle canopies and cowls
03/11/2018 08:30:30
Hey Kev,

Great stuff with the canopies. Just wondering how you used the gun setup? I guess this was for pulling the plug fron the bottle after shrinking it?
Great idea!

I need to make something like this for the cowl I am about to make.

Cheers
Alan
Thread: Second plane advice
01/10/2018 10:22:13
Hi Kevin,

My first warbird (just 2 years ago!) was a Freewing Hellcat. Its 900mm wingspan and 620g. It is a fantastic flyer, handles very easily and looks great in the air. I have flown it a lot in varying conditions and it handles it perfectly. For a warbird, it flies like a parkflyer.

Let us know what you go for in the end!
Thread: Guillows P40 Warhawk 16 - RC conversion!?
24/09/2018 00:46:02
Looks great Simon! This was my 2nd ever balsa build....its a great looking model the p40. I put a tiny motor for freeflight in it, but really flew it just a few test glides in the house!! Keep up the good work and enjoying your progess so far!!
Cheers
Alan
Thread: Detectorists
09/11/2017 09:36:50

It is class! Delighted I caught new episode last night!

Thread: Bowman Models Sunduster
23/09/2017 17:54:32

Glider looks fantastic!! Well done with the build!

Hope you get to fly it soon and get to enjoy it in its natural element....in the air.

Just watching 2 real gliders today, a pair of buzzards soaring around, showing off, fantastic!

Well done with build, following and enjoying!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
CML
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us