By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eagle 899

Here is a list of all the postings Eagle 899 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Max Thrust Riot XL
23/12/2015 14:57:26

Bob, CenturyUK says that the battery compartment measures 148 x 45 x 53mm

I had a Riot and might well go for one of these after Crimbo, Shep

Thread: Newbie advice
22/12/2015 18:16:58

This might do the job:-

trebuchet06.jpg

I'm only joking Ian devil

Thread: Gas And Electricity Prices.......
16/12/2015 18:02:43

You lucky people. We (wife and I) have a two bedroomed bungalow which costs us £35 per month for electricity and ......... ~ £850 per annum for gas!

Reason for silly gas price is that we haven't got mains where we live and have to use 47k Propane bottles. The price reduced last January to £100.23 for two delivered, and we use between 16 &17 bottles a year crying

Thread: Thank You RCM&E
10/12/2015 15:56:15

And me too, indoor 3 channel Chinook. We were struggling to find a Xmas present for one of our grandsons when Santa/Postie delivered it today, Thank you RCM&E, Shep smiley

Thread: Hawker sea hawk
06/12/2015 18:32:22

As a matter of interest (perhaps) and nothing to do with modelling but, in the summer of 1971, as my Fleet Air Arm career was ending, I was stationed at RNAS Culdrose and assigned as a Taxi pilot to train aircraft handlers on the dummy flight deck.

We had to start up with the (six as I remember) cartridge system, then be taxied out by the trainee handlers, unfold the wings when indicated and be lined up with the catapult. The 'FDO' would then give the signal to increase thrust for launch (about 60-70%), but we used to 'ocasionally' giving it a 'little more' devil , look for our salute that we were ready to go, then hit the 'deck' with his wand whereupon we would release the brakes and power forward. Toward the end of the 'flight deck' we would reduce thrust, go around, turn left, left, left, and then 'land on', be given the signal to fold our wings, and then taxied to parking and shut down.

Happy days........ we did the same with Sea Vixens and Fairey Gannets; twas a good summer smiley

Shep

Thread: DJI 450 Quadcopter
30/11/2015 16:41:38

Hi All,

Mulling through the BMFA classifieds during this rotten wx I noticed this:-

DJI 450 Quadcopter with 4 Emax Motors and ESC to suit motors. The Quad is fitted with an Open Pilot Copter Control Board. It also has a Cyclops Storm OSD and GPS unit.

Would it be suitable for a novice Quad flyer?

I have experience flying fixed wing (A cert) and just fancied having a go.

TIA Shep

Thread: Starter radio...
29/11/2015 12:17:39

Hi Fid,

From your first post on your other thread I see that you have time on your hands.

So, get a Taranis Plus and learn how to program it. You'll learn a great deal, won't be bored and will, to a large extent, be radio future proofed.

Shep

Thread: Another Newbie
11/11/2015 14:14:22
Posted by kc on 11/11/2015 12:48:55:

As regards flying RC I think most would say flying at a club is preferable and tuition is near essential even for experienced full size pilots.

Edited By kc on 11/11/2015 12:49:32

Absolutely, I'm a retired FI(A) and flying RC aircraft is totally different.................the houses don't get bigger or smaller when you push or pull on the control column laugh

Thread: bixler 2 canopy
04/11/2015 14:37:42

I had a lightweight delivery from HK international in September and it took ten days. I'm waiting for another, similar, order and so far it's been twenty days, so I think it's pot luck...............Shep

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
02/11/2015 20:28:23

With no apologies to Beamer drivers laugh

A day from the diary of a BMW driver...

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road!

I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane.

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me,

I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!

Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!

He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on!

(They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.)

But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!

02/11/2015 20:14:45

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be a technician," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help so far."

The man below responded, "You must be a manager."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem.

The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

Thread: which epo slow flyer
31/10/2015 11:37:28

Hi Rob, How about the HK Bushmaster 1550mm PNF **LINK**

Thread: Mikes Models - well done!
24/09/2015 17:11:05

Plus 1 smiley

I used Mikes Models thirty years ago and last year started using them again after a long break from RC flying.

Different owners but still great service; I usually call in for something at least once a fortnight.

Edited By Keiron Shepherd on 24/09/2015 17:12:07

Thread: Club web design
17/09/2015 20:00:23

Alternatively you could start again and register:-

staustelldmc.co.uk

or

staustelldmc.uk

The latter of which you are solely entitled to until 2019

Thread: Gyro installation in a warbird
12/09/2015 16:29:25

Anyone got experience with the Eagle Tree Guardian? The forums I've looked at have good reports.

HK sell it ~£42

Thread: Taranis battery upgrade
09/09/2015 13:55:36

Using an iCharger 306B I put my HK 1500mah Life battery on a balance charge. All well until it sounded a warning beep and the screen read High Voltage cell. I took the battery off and checked the voltages: 3.32.3.32 & 3.72

Does that indicate a u/s battery or might a re-cycle charge fix it? The battery is three months old.

Thread: Urgent and important petition - Please sign
27/08/2015 22:51:16
Signed
Thread: Sonic Sbach 342 ep - (Rapid RC)
17/08/2015 19:48:09

Flew today, much better but not yet spot on. Another 25g added this evening putting the CofG at 95mm.

Will try again asap subject to wx smiley

15/08/2015 14:40:22

Wish I'd found that rcgroups link before I maidened it laugh

I've bought a balance checker from HK and using that I had set it at 120mm as per the manual.

I've added more lead in the nose (total of 135g) and it now balances at 100mm. AUW 1880g.

I hope to fly it tomorrow and will post the result.

Thanks chaps.

11/08/2015 20:35:43

Hi Rich,

265mm or 345mm including the aileron.

Shep

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us