By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Max Z

Here is a list of all the postings Max Z has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Atom Special
05/10/2014 18:28:12

Steve, thanks for the info. Your setup is more or less the same as Richard's, give or take a few degrees, only the down tilt is noticeably more. (but do you ever use it full throw?).

Max.

04/10/2014 21:05:22

Very helpful Richard, thank you. That is about 20 deg. either way for roll and 10 deg. up / 5 deg. down for pitch. I will run with that. And yes, I did read the "fit out and set up" part of the article, but that did not give me the information about throws.

Thanks guys!

Max.

04/10/2014 17:32:48

Thanks Terry, but I find it difficult to translate those dimensions to a non-mixed setup. I would have to know the mix rates to work it out, i.e. how much of the servo throw is used for pitching and how much for rolling.

But thank you for the reply anyway.

Max.

04/10/2014 11:05:07

I am making my own rotor head, and I am trying to work out the leverage of the control arms. I am going for a standard setup, i.e. separate servo's for pitch and roll. Can anyone tell me the required control angles, so I can work out the length of the control arms?

Max.

02/10/2014 15:58:30

I found a source for FG sheet at Hobbyplastic/MacGregor industries, and I have 0.8 mm sheet on order.

Regarding the HK motor/prop installation suggested in the RCM&E article: I checked the specs at the HK site, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18153__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_2826_980kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html and was surprised to find the current is limited to 10 Amps, with a max. loading of 96 Watt!

Richard claims a full bore power consumption of 170 Watt, which is way over that. To tell you the truth I do not trust the HK specs as the weight of 44 g seems rather small (and is shown as 113 g in the SK3 type listings).

As a fixed wing flyer I have to say that I find a 10x7 prop on a 920 kV motor at 3s rather hefty, I am flying a 1m20 biplane on a 10x4 with a similar setup with lots of power to spare. But I guess that shows how much I know about autogyro's.............

Max.

02/10/2014 10:54:55

The 0.8 mm FG sheet for the rotor mounting plate is difficult to source around here, would 1 mm thick material do? Do I have to alter the shape/size to allow for more flexibility? I am happy to alter things mechanical to my taste, but I don't like to tinker with anything tried and tested like this if it was not necessary. (and yes, I know you can order the ready made item from Coolwind ).

Max.

01/10/2014 21:12:32

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have built some twin-rotor Autogyro's, one FF model a long long time ago (Dave Brown? in Aeromodeller), and one recently: Al Foot's Twirl.

I also tried a Benson-style pusher AG with a helicopter swashplate head, but had to abort that.

Now the spark lighted again with the Panther and Atom designs published in RCM&E. I am thinking of creating a mix of the two, with the size and the twin-tail design od the Atom, and the mast and rotor head Panther style.

I have a question regarding the hinge lines. I see that the HK head has the pitch hinge above the roll hinge, but the Panther head has the pitch hinge below the roll hinge. Are there any advantages/disadvantages with each type?

Greetings from Boskoop, The Netherlands,

Max.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us