By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ray Wood 4

Here is a list of all the postings Ray Wood 4 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Where do you get your Lead from ?
15/01/2021 09:03:57

Hi Geoff,

Yes it's about time you finished your Veronica plenty of new builds on the go on the AMBO Facebook group.

All the best Ray

Thread: Flying with Spectacles
10/01/2021 12:57:10

Hi Nigel,

If you mostly use a laptop on the desk Varifocals will be fine as you are naturally looking down, but if you use a big monitor at the correct height ie looking straight ahead like I do, and as Shaun mentioned they are no good irrespective of how expensive they are as you will be using the distance part of the lens.

Regards Ray

10/01/2021 10:39:12

Hi All,

Just a thought, Varifocals are great for everyday, driving, flying, modelling etc, but I'm on the screen all day for work and cheaper readers are better ! as with Varifocals you will find yourself tipping your head back and looking down your nose to focus on the screen

Regards Ray

Thread: TEam Minimax
04/01/2021 15:28:49

Hi Peter,

What a fabulous model, such an interesting tail, and the color scheme is one of my favourites, You have hit the spot with this one

Regards Ray

Edited By Ray Wood 4 on 04/01/2021 15:29:18

Thread: would you volunteer ?
01/01/2021 16:29:02

Hi All,

While waiting for a take off slot on an Easyjet 737 flight from Gatwick to Dublin as we weren't going any where for 30 minutes slid up to the cockpit to chat to the crew, they were only to happy to have somebody else to chat with and they gave me the left hand seat to sit in I think only the APU was running !

I think a controlled crash would be achievable but slowing her down from 450 knots would be the issue without stalling !! There are an awful lot of dials & switches

When my daughters were young flying to the Med 35 years ago you had to visit the flight deck it was the done thing .

Regards Ray

Thread: BMFA 2021 Membership ????
01/01/2021 12:06:59

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response, I am fully aware of all the options available, I guess I'm only playing Devil's advocate for the old postal renewal system, as I'm guessing quite a few of our older members wouldn't have computer access ?

I know a lot of folk re-join out of habit and tradition (and for the insurance etc)

Regards Ray

01/01/2021 11:25:00

Morning All,

Had a lovely email from the BMFA saying my membership has now expired, as I am waiting for the postal renewal form to arrive to pay by cheque, the postal system must be in meltdown ?? nothing arrived yet !

Regards Ray

22/12/2020 15:14:56

Thanks Bill,

I work on a computer all day so the last thing I would do is use the technology to renew

The postal renewal forms are in the post so all is well.

Regards Ray

22/12/2020 14:58:43

Hi All,

Is it just me ? or should I have received the BMFA/CAA postal membership renewal form by now ??

I'm itching to pay some money

Regards Ray

Thread: T N Avro York
14/12/2020 08:33:20

Hi Cliff,

She looks very smart I guess your looking at the spring for the maiden flight ?

Our fields down here in Kent are waterlogged and we are in tier 3

Regards Ray

Thread: RCM&E December 20 / Jan 21 Issue
10/12/2020 10:39:23

Hi All,

Anybody who can give a definitive answer to any Covid related issue would have a pretty good crystal ball at the moment or maybe in touch with an even higher authority

Model Boats has gone on the same Dec/Jan issue basis.

Regards Ray

Thread: Covering - how long does it take you?
26/11/2020 16:13:56

Nigel,

How long is piece of string ??

Somewhere between 5 hours to 9 Months in my experience.

Regards Ray

Thread: Cambrian ME109 Funfighter electric build
24/11/2020 15:55:20

Hi Martin,

Glad to hear she fly's well, is there any issue's with a non folding prop when landing ?

I really fancy one now, probably the Spitfire

Regards Ray

Thread: Redundant at 62!
22/11/2020 09:27:39

Hi Cliff,

That is brilliant news, every cloud will now have an Avro York flying through it

Well done, having been furloughed for 3 month's I now know I don't want to retire either !!

Quite a bonus more building & flying Time

Regards Ray

Thread: A Shortage Of Balsa And Lipo's, Where Do We Go From Here?
19/11/2020 12:04:26

Hi All,

I just ordered some ply from SLEC, they told me there is a container of Balsa heading to the UK

Regards Ray

Thread: WOT 4 FOAM E - engine wobble
16/11/2020 16:29:04

Hi Paul,

Poundland 5 minute epoxy £1.00, the White Gorilla woodworking glue would also work fine depends if your in a hurry

Regards Ray

Thread: Good news thread.
04/11/2020 16:18:02

Hi All,

Just had some great flying this afternoon, pre the lock down, perfect conditions

Now that's good news for me !!

Regards Ray

Thread: Future balsa supplies in UK
03/11/2020 18:27:34

All the things in Hobbystore can not be found any more expensive anywhere, but they do a a great range of bits & bobs 😀

Regards Ray

Thread: A disengaged membership?
02/11/2020 09:49:11

Hi 8

Maybe the thread should be "Disenchanted" ??

Roll on 2021

Regards Ray

Thread: Redundant at 62!
30/10/2020 21:04:17

Hi Peter,

That's why there are fewer staff in WH Smiths these days but lots of diy machines to take your money, they have switched off their employees and switched on machines !!

Regards Ray

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!