By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for McG 6969

Here is a list of all the postings McG 6969 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fouga magister 1/4.5 moulded from scratch
17/08/2019 10:24:25

... great to see all those parts finally together in one picture. yes

Not long to go now before getting the 'reward' of your first mould end pieces, Dirk.

As we say in Belgium: "Nen dikke proficiat, man". wink

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
14/08/2019 19:33:54

This is really what they call 'the silly season' then...

What a nasty surprise for poor Gasly anyhow. But then maybe Pierre will feel better without that 'deadly' pressure.

I'm afraid this could also cause some early 'broken wings' (pun unintended!) to young Alex... but then Mr Marko knows it all, doesn't he?

What do you think about Mercedes, gents? Bottas or Ocon???

My vote goes to Valtteri as Ocon didn't really 'prove' anything yet... but Herr Toto maybe knows a lot more things than a common mortal like me...

Any suggestions, gents?

Cheers

Chris

ps > ... didn't find John S's 'plot' so far... just keeping on looking for it...

Edited By McG 6969 on 14/08/2019 19:45:33

Thread: Moon Dancer 2
14/08/2019 18:56:10

Bookmarked as well, Peter.

Always eager to keep on learning. smiley

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Fieseler Storch
13/08/2019 18:34:53

... IMHO, 'Stearman's posts weren't really a thread, Martin.

He was just posting some pics collected from the web, mainly from HK & Banggood. Anyhow, he sold his projects and went back to his earlier interests being photography...

So, please just go on with your build thread. yes

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Hangar 9 Ultra Stik 10cc
13/08/2019 17:59:01

... isn't your Fury build taking some 'delay' then, Colin? ... devil

Cheers, young man wink

Chris

Thread: Fouga magister 1/4.5 moulded from scratch
13/08/2019 06:28:18

Still there and watching, Dirk.

It's amazing how many little bits you have to prepare and mould, but I guess you'll be rewarded soon now.

Looking forward to seeing your first results leaving their moulds...

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Design & Build Dornier Do 24
11/08/2019 18:44:28

Hi Robert,

Fine that you tried the 'Freddie Sauce'... and glad that you liked it. yes

Regarding the sanding, I try to sand outdoors by preference. If not, I tend to use it 'wet' with some plaster sanding pads which work a threat on large curved surfaces.

When applied on fiber glassed balsa, I also pigment the 'sauce' with a contrasting acrylic colour - usually light grey - to help as a guide for sanding.

Looking forward to seeing some result pics, young man.

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Hospitalised, my own fault - but ?
08/08/2019 17:36:46

Hi Colin,

Just been looking at your post this very moment.

First of all, get well soon... yes

... but this could indeed be a safety reminder for a lot of forumites.

Cheers

Chris

04/08/2019 22:27:50

Thank you, Pete.

Well then, I suppose you have Charles in your team as well? I do anyway as I believe in his strengths... watch him next year...

Cheers

Chris

04/08/2019 21:57:10

Thanks John & Iqon.

I must say I had a good 'feeling' while watching the race. smiley

My team did a very acceptable job - even though BOT had such a bad luck again - but the big surprise came from the predictions with a total amount of 50 pts. My best ever score since one and half season on Fantasy GP... yes

The 'silly season' is about to start soon now, but they'll all have a well deserved break before the Belgian GP at our Spa-Francorchamps.

See you soon over there, gents.

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Design & Build Dornier Do 24
02/08/2019 23:15:36

Hello again, Robert;

Great to have you back in the shed.... and with a load of 'brownie points'.

If I'm allowed a suggestion, instead of 'overloading' your FG with coats of Poly C, why don't you try out the Freddie B formula? It's lighter, a lot easier to sand and gives a perfect finish even used on blue foam or Depron.

You can find it in my 'old' Ballerina build blog. Please have a look at page # 43 & scroll down a bit... really worth trying.

Cheers

Chris

02/08/2019 19:53:39

Hi to all,

Here we are again and I'm starting to think this will be a strange one regarding predictions...

In FP2, GAS got the best time using the softs, VER second with his mediums and HAM third on the hard ones. The Reds are obviously way back... then the rain made a remarkable entrance...

... anyhow whatever you decide, don't forget your predictions, gents.

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Stash clear out
02/08/2019 13:03:14

Hi Michael,

I don't think it's a great idea to mention your email-address on a public forum...

You'd better ask interested parties to PM (private message) you with their mail details. yes

Anyhow, good luck with your sales.

Cheers

Chris

28/07/2019 20:29:38

... an 'entertaining' race it was indeed, John.

... at least I got just the odd 15 points out of my predictions... "oh dear" as well, Simon. surprise

So, let's wait for John P's post then...

Cheers

Chris

28/07/2019 09:17:12

... I did exactly the same, Pete... blush

But, no pole or win for Charles this weekend, I'm afraid. Bye, bye big points...

We have the 24 Hours of Spa (GT3) as well this weekend here in BE. There race was stopped - red flagged - at 06.00 this morning due to enormous rainfall and after numerous FCY and SC neutralisations. Restart is supposed to take place at... 11.30... indecision

Not my best race weekend, I'm afraid.

Good luck to all... well, not 'to much' for John S, obviously... devil

Cheers

Chris

26/07/2019 21:39:51

You might be right, John... as is Pete.

At least, I hope so as Charles is a member of my team and those points would be greatly welcomed.

But as it is supposed to become a lot cooler for the race - even possibly a 'partly or full wet' one - I guess good ol' HAM might be there again...

Only the Great Chief up there knows, I suppose...

Cheers

Chris

Edited By McG 6969 on 26/07/2019 21:45:54

26/07/2019 07:38:31

A hot Friday followed by two days of storms... Forecast for the weekend ahead.

So it’ll go something like this for Mercedes:

Friday > Mercedes are fifth and sixth in first and second practice, Toto Wolff says: “We are really struggling with the high temperatures. We just haven’t got a complete solution for the issues that first came to light in Austria yet. We just have to limit the damage over the weekend.”

Saturday > Mercedes qualify first and second with cooler temperatures: “We truly weren’t expecting this great result, we improved the car overnight and Valtteri and Lewis put in great performances today.”

Sunday > Mercedes cruise to a dominant one-two in even cooler temperatures: “This was a miraculous turnaround and is a true testament to the hard work put in by all the people in our team”.

[ source @Geemac ]

Cheers

Chris

26/07/2019 07:26:59

... could be a typo as well, but if your 'octopi' is the Latin plural form... you'd soon end up with an Arch of Noah, Ade...

25/07/2019 17:49:01

... not that sure VET is going to be replaced any soon, John... angel ... but I hope you got to Southampton sound and safe.

On the other end, with the unusual high temps in Central Europe these days, thunderstorms might be expected for some parts of the weekend, including qualis & race... could become a 'reminder' to the Red Baron.

By the way, I like Mercedes's provisional 'white' livery. yes

Anyhow, time to get out of your summer lethargy... and to think about your predictions, gents...

Cheers

Chris

Thread: SIG Kadet LT-40 Build - My first proper build!
24/07/2019 08:40:09

I totally agree with Peter's comment above.

Also with Nigel's & David's earlier posts.

Nu Me > have another night's rest if needed, but please reconsider abandoning your thread for the evident reasons Peter explained. You will be grateful later on...

Percy > regarding 'apologies', IMHO, you're the one who should present some to Nu Me for converting his build thread into an 'open battlefield'... Requesting some modifications of the CoC also tells a lot about your personality.

Cheers to all

Chris

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
CML
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us