By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for McG 6969

Here is a list of all the postings McG 6969 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chris McG F-86 Sabre Dog build blog
06/12/2019 20:27:41

OOPS... one should read "your 'Montana' FUSE halves assembling method"...

Maybe my 'visions' have started already after all... sorry for that... blush

Cheers

Chris

06/12/2019 18:45:29

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your 'back up' comment. wink cool

I guess I have a confession to make. blush

After pinching your swept wing rib jig idea some time ago, I'm afraid I'm going to copy your 'Montana' wing halves assembling method.

With the amount of mods needed for my Dog fuselage, I'm pretty convinced it's the best way to go for me.

No nasty 'visions' yet but they could appear quite soon... surprise

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Rob's F-86F NASA 228 research aircraft build
06/12/2019 11:29:27

Welcome to the Sabre MB, Rob.

Quite an 'exclusive' deco scheme... and indeed a truckload of clamps there... cool

Cheers

Chris

06/12/2019 11:07:52

Hi there,

John HR is right, Martin. We really need your info and answers so please, keep posting. yes

@ John > although it's not a 'seagull'-type, I doubt very much that a 300 SL Cabrio could be a 'Real Bargain' nowadays... surprise

Cheers

Chris

05/12/2019 20:16:01

... ooh well... what an 'avalanche' of posts suddenly... anyway, thanks a lot, gents.

> I can imagine you know what I mean, Martin. sad

> get back asap to your build, Simon... so I can pinch some useful tips...angel

> I do get your point, Masher & Dave. Certainly the CAA stuff and the 'battery' stuff as well. Should I open a new 'can' and ask about what servo to use? ...

> I couldn't imagine you were snoring, John. But keep yourself 'awake' as the F1 tests in Barcelona are still far away . So, keep visiting & commenting... Iris & Gaston need you... angel

Thanks again for your posts, gents.

Cheers

Chris

05/12/2019 13:53:03

Thanks for your visit and the nice encouragement, Martin.

So at least one visitor didn't fall asleep... cool

To be honest, sometimes it seems like I'm talking to - or writing on - the mirror...

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Mirror Control

04/12/2019 19:34:24

Hi to all,

Some progress with the drawing of the front of my Dog fuselage.

I must be a tiny bit ‘insane’ to have started this mod as it gets slightly ‘complicated’ sometimes as the plan isn’t showing a plan view of the fuse.

But then if I can ‘bite down’ this challenge, I hope Gaston will be proud of me…

587_dog_fuse_front_900.jpg

The side view drawing shows the parts that will need to be 're-cut' or ‘created’.

Maybe a little explanation for those interested. question

Quite obviously F12 & F13 - drawn in red - are becoming ‘longer’ and with a different angle to the datum line.

F2 needs to be modified slightly at the bottom of it, but F1 will be a different part entirely and ‘F0’ has to be created to allow for the radome nose and the shark mouth. In front of F0 we’ll have a lamination of 3 x 6mm balsa, 2 rings of 2mm ply - to allow the nose cone to be removable - and finally the nose cone in Blue foam.

I will also use Blue foam under the datum line between F0 & F1 and between F1 and F2, while the standard planking will be maintained above the datum line up to F0…

Do I hear some snoring ‘zzz’ in the background? … surprise

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Snoring Control

Thread: In 1961 The New German Federal Luftwaffe
04/12/2019 18:22:01

Hi Mark,

Glad to see you're back in 'business'. yes wink

Cheers

Chris

Thread: DB Hurricane paint and finish.
03/12/2019 21:20:55

That El Alamein SQ.213 IIc example from the above pic looks quite 'unusual', Jon.

If it fancies your taste of scheme that is?

Cheers

Chris

Thread: John A's Sabre build
03/12/2019 21:08:33

... wooow, indeed very impressive, John AH.

... and welcome to the Sabre 'insanity'... wink

Cheers

Chris

03/12/2019 20:08:34

Hello gents & laddies,

Yesterday, I spent a lot of building time… just driving around to find some bits for the ‘Dog’. frown

What I needed most is the balsa for the fuselage stingers (3/16”?) but couldn’t find any imperial sized wood. I even had an 90km round trip to the LMS (local?) without success.

As it is a quite close dimension, I finally went for 5mm sheets found in my ‘nearly local’ Lucas Creativ’ crafts store, so I’ll have to have all my formers ‘sized’ for that dimension.

Finally, a happy bunny as I have also found 3mm piano wire, some 3mm ID brass tubing and 4mm carbon rod, so I feel ready (later on!) to have a go at Chris B’s internal rudder actuation system… smiley

I nearly finished the drawings of the Dog’s front section as I ‘ll have to make some new ply pieces for the front of the fuse and adapt some existing formers at the back. But more about that soon…

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Bits Control

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
03/12/2019 08:46:44

Thanks for my 'virtual passport', John.

Regarding the "compulsory", I'm wondering about Young Rosberg in 2016 then??? ... surprise wink

Cheers

Chris

Thread: DaveO Sabre build
03/12/2019 08:38:18

... and if you decide to fly it in the jungle...

... at least, get yourself and install a qualified pilot who can bring up that landing gear... surprise wink

Cheers

Chris

Edited By McG 6969 on 03/12/2019 08:39:30

Thread: F-86A Sabre Montana Air National Guard
02/12/2019 21:06:10

I'm subscribed to your thread, Harry...

... but I can't really be of any help here. blush

Hopefully someone will be jumping in with more knowledge.

Cheers

Chris

02/12/2019 18:43:04

Hello to all,

I had an ‘off-building’ weekend as it was the last F1 Grand Prix of the season in Abu Dhabi.

So - in accordance to my previous life - I’m still quite interested in motorsport and I decided to participate in the Fantasy GP Forumites game hosted here by our own RCM&E forum.

As I was leading the charts before the last event, I had to turn my attention to my team and predictions for the race and obviously check out ‘live’ what was going to happen…

Any GP-race fans visiting here are welcome to join us for next season, of course…

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Fantasy GP Control

Thread: Canadair F4 Sabre XB812
02/12/2019 13:01:09

Hello Chris,

Well, yes. I'm trying to figure out if I can manage to have a go at an operational rudder.

But as I don't like the external control rod - purely for an aesthetic reason - I would like to use something similar to your idea. If you don't mind, that is.

Maybe I'll make a mock up version of both F15s and start from there...

Thanks again & cheers

Chris

02/12/2019 12:47:44

... maybe a bit 'overexcited' there, John. indecision

It looks like someone has been biting off some of the starboard side of your "British waffle"? ... surprise wink

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
02/12/2019 10:55:00

Thank you all for your nice reactions, gents. smiley

Glad for John S that he ended in a strong way after his slight Brazilian 'disaster'.

Many, many thanks to John P for taking care of us and being our very personal 'Bernie'... wink

If my 'Honorary British' citizenship is still valid, it will be a pleasure to be present for next season.

Now if you feel getting bored by waiting for Melbourne, you could always pay a visit to our Sabre Dog build thread. Gaston and I would be pleased to hear from you all. yes

Cheers

Chris

01/12/2019 20:06:29

Congrats to John S, Tony and Pete today... great results. yes

Cheers

Chris

01/12/2019 19:07:50

Thank you for your comment, dear. smiley

Probably a few words of introduction are needed now for the visitors of the Sabre MB.

As some will know, Iris - aka The LotH - is my partner since about 10 years now.

LotH? ... do you remember Mrs Bucket when she was picking up the telephone in 'Keeping up appearances'?

I just thought it was a bit more educated than simply SHMBO or Swimbo... surprise

She was a Math and French teacher in the States before she headed back to BE a decade ago, so watch your language, please gents... wink

Cheers

Chris

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us