By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for McG 6969

Here is a list of all the postings McG 6969 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
13/10/2019 18:48:49

First, congrats to John S for his victory today.

I'm still very lousy with my predictions as usual with only 15 points scored this time. blush

As you all know by now, I've got young Charles in my team, but he didn't bring a lot of sunshine in the chart today... even loosing me some extra points after his penalty... crying

What I noticed in our league results is that the different scores are very close to each other this time.

Thanks again for the follow up, John P. yes

Cheers

Chris

11/10/2019 18:14:05

Hi to all,

Yep, we managed to get home all right thanks to the Belgian Travel Warranty Fund supervised by our Ministry of Foreign Stuff...

The only thing we had to take care of was the taxi to the Palma Airport (PMI) ... not a big deal really compared to the trouble of some of the other hotel occupants. cool

Back to business now, gents.

While the Suzuka drivers & crew members are enjoying an extra day of 'laziness', don't forget your predictions... !

Cheers

Chris

ps: > ... a bit surprised by Ferrari's 'lack of tempo'...

Thread: Fouga magister 1/4.5 moulded from scratch
07/10/2019 09:42:50

Hi again Dirk,

It would be great to join the lot at Llandudno, but I'm an 'apprentice' - read 'slow' - builder so I can't know if the model will be ready for June.

Besides, I'm just starting to fly and I'm still at the buddy-box stage with my Trainstar frown so I'll need an experienced PIC at the sticks as well.

Thanks for the ride proposal but I guess we'll have some time ahead to discuss it further if I manage to get ready.

Cheers

Chris

06/10/2019 17:21:19

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the clarification about PVA.

Stupid me blush , I indeed associated it with white glue as I think some 'classic' balsa modellers could do?

I used it a lot with composites in a previous life, but (in French) we called it 'alcool polyvinilique', hence my confusion.

I really should practice with 'multi-language' thinking... cool

By the way, I just ordered the Sabre short kit from G&M Models and will (try to) participate to the PPSA MB. Are you building 3 of them by yourself or is it for friends modellers as well? ...

Thanks & cheers

Chris

06/10/2019 13:17:57

Fabulous patience and skills, Dirk.

It really is fascinating... surprise

One daft question if allowed: what is the function of the application of PVA after you waxed the fuse halves? ...

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Design & Build Dornier Do 24
06/10/2019 11:40:15

Great job, Robert,

Glad for you that you managed to finalize your Dornier even with a few 'interruptions'. yes

... and 'crossing' every thing I can for your maiden...

Cheers

Chris

30/09/2019 17:56:42

Congrats to all the Johns - except to John S of course - and to Pete, our very personal mod.

Thanks to John P for his "honourary" mention... yes

I lost two predictions as well with Seb retiring. Well, c'est la vie...

Regarding our flight back home, still no confirmation but the beach and the sangria are still great.

... and Japan is only in two weeks...

Cheers

Chris

27/09/2019 10:59:01

Hi to all,

I managed to find a fine working wifi and at least my basic predictions are made.

I 'll try to find some additional info after FP2...

Mallorca is great, temp around 27C, the white wine a lot cooler... but our main problem is that I choose to book our holiday with Neckermann which is connected\owned by ... Thomas Cook... and so our hotel as well...

Wait & sea (?)... but if I don't log in the next few weeks, we'll still be somewhere in the Baleares...

Good luck to all

Cheers

Chris

22/09/2019 21:14:09

... well done, Tony. Only about 20 points away from the worldwide top score. yes

Mixed feelings for Gaston Formula with lousy predictions totaling only 20 points and teammate Carlos S. totally out of luck for the third race in a row... ppfff.

Luckily the other members compensated to reach a 'medium low' chart result.

Not that sure the Russian race result will be better as we are leaving for two weeks tomorrow morning with a flight for Alcudia/ Mallorca.

Looking for a decent wifi will be the first priority upon arrival...

Cheers

Chris

note for Ade > I've been registering with Phil C. to participate to the Sabre Mass Build... so, I'm afraid you will have me around for the next 8 months. Apologies in advance...

22/09/2019 20:53:20

... Ade's 'octopi' seems to go on providing great results...

... even showing off their new 'gold' paint. yes

Good job, young man.

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Club Mower.
18/09/2019 13:45:45

Absolutely, John.

You should restore the beauty to its full glory...

... and then, at least, put a couple of similar tires for maxi traction. wink

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Coupe Des Barons.
16/09/2019 19:09:35

Glad to see you all had an enjoyable day at the Coupe. yes

'Super journée pour tous à B2M'...

To be honest, I think Gerard's Belgian Baron was a bit 'fragile'... but that could be 'on purpose', of course... devil

Next time even better, Messieurs.

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Mark’s Peggy Sue 2 Build
15/09/2019 21:06:49

Everything OK here, Mark.

I'm still in progress with my unfinished Vicomte 1916 build since the end of last year... blush

A lot of stuff came in between since, but projected planning is to resume the progress next winter.

I am about to start the restoration of a crashed vintage Graupner glider which is intended to give me some iron covering practice for the Vicomte.

I might consider a resto blog as soon as we get back from our post-summer holiday early October...

Keep up the mojo, Mark.

Cheers

Chris

15/09/2019 20:36:29

Hi Mark,

Fine to have you back at the building board. yes

Enjoy as much as you can, young man.

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Hobby King Piper L4 Grasshopper 1.4 metre, plug and fly.
11/09/2019 09:24:52

I really like your weathering as well, Colin. smiley

Cheers

Chris

Thread: My 2020 F86 mass build cchoice
09/09/2019 13:21:34

Here is your 'saved' one in your album >

rays_f86.jpg

Cheers

Chris

09/09/2019 13:14:57

Hi Ray,

Go to your album > click 'View Album' > then select the 'blank' one > and 'Delete'... that should do it.

Your 'black' F-86 picture is way to small. Just try to upload a larger one to have a better pixel definition. Around 900x600 pixels should be fine, but a bit smaller - 600x400 - works as well.

Cheers

Chris

09/09/2019 10:28:16

I've been following the intros of the PSS Mass Build so far, Ade.

So, I'm convinced of your 'gold' for the scheme of the Canadian 'Golden Hawks'... wink

A while ago, I was hesitating to be part of the F-86 build as well - just being a great 'planking' exercise - but I still have to complete my Vicomte build first. angel

Cheers

Chris

09/09/2019 08:12:09

Awesome score, Ade. Congrats.

Did you paint your octopi in Skyhawk Gold as well now? ... surprise

A foreseen mid-field score for me as 2 of my drivers were DNF... and my predictions only medium-good.

Iqon > octopi only work with Ade... you'd better have some elephants... I have two 'pink Dumbos' and they perform an acceptable job (so far)... cool

Cheers

Chris

Thread: Design & Build Dornier Do 24
09/09/2019 07:27:23

Hi Shaun,

I inherited the crashed Graupner with quite a lot of damage to the wing and tailplanes with the initial idea to use it as a test bench to practise my covering 'lack of skills'.

The previous owner told me it was a Graupner Bussard from the early nineties. Mine has a 1800mm wingspan but following the info I found the different Bussards were all 2000mm... so, at the moment, I have no real idea what model it could be.

As the fuselage - being blown moulded PP - is still OK, I recently decided to restore it and possibly make it fly instead of using it as a simple covering test.

Some more research will be needed and as soon as I can make some time, I'll start the project...

Cheers

Chris

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us