By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for extra slim

Here is a list of all the postings extra slim has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: SLEC / Precedent 1/4 scale Stampe SV4B
15/05/2020 15:53:39

all points to being nose heavy IMO

Thread: New gas engine break in
06/05/2020 09:01:32

I do the same as Gary as break in is a lot quicker, has worked for me perfectly, but each and to their own.. no right or wrong I guess

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
03/05/2020 08:44:02

Yesterday I was robbed by six dwarfs

Not Happy.

Thread: OS 40 FS pre Surpass
23/04/2020 15:42:55

most of us modellers are hoarders, but Keiths gesture and resultant delight in contributing to the end product is refreshing... I salute you Sir Keith of Sharples.. yes

Thread: Weston Capiche 140 Refurb
22/04/2020 06:35:35

I think Adrian is saying that the original motor was mounted centrally and didn’t account for the built in offset in the firewall. It will have had the 2 degrees side thrust but the prop driver must have been “off centre”. Since noticing, he will moving the mount over to compensate so that the shaft comes in on the centre line.. don’t think he is questioning whether he had side thrust or not.. taken as he did..

22/04/2020 06:35:34

I think Adrian is saying that the original motor was mounted centrally and didn’t account for the built in offset in the firewall. It will have had the 2 degrees side thrust but the prop driver must have been “off centre”. Since noticing, he will moving the mount over to compensate so that the shaft comes in on the centre line.. don’t think he is questioning whether he had side thrust or not.. taken as he did..

Thread: Sopwith Pup refurb
17/04/2020 12:15:08

Jeez, like DIGGER.. and this passed an inspection of airworthiness?.. gulp.. I guess it must be stronger than it looked, as with other than the carbon tube leading edge, it may as well have been a kite left in its bag behind the LE!!

Thread: Tiger Moth Round-the-Pole Radio Control
14/04/2020 22:18:33

Brilliantly eccentric!!.. love it.. if things make you smile they’ve gotta be good

Thread: RC IC Engines, you've probably never heard of.
14/04/2020 22:11:27

The 38 was fine, used in the first funfly limbo dancers, think Paul Heckles had them in his.. the rest I saw were dogs, bit like the Leo engines.. the 37 is a gem, the rest very poor.. hey about CMB??, F3A competition to the Rossi 60’s??

Thread: Tiger Moth Round-the-Pole Radio Control
14/04/2020 21:52:40

I thought this was you cliff Airshow

Thread: Any ideas what it is?
20/03/2020 15:19:47

yep, they are a great little engine.. chuck an 8x3 or 7x4 on it and a glug of diesel and they go really nicely..

Thread: Motor stutters near full throttle
12/03/2020 15:47:11

Had this a good few times, from my experience, it is either 1. Timing or 2. Re-solder connectors on both ESC to motor and motor to ESC.. do one at a time if you want to find out which one it was... if these fail, it tends to be wire in the motor windings.. but rare for me.

Thread: Is there a new breed of servo ?
09/03/2020 10:34:54

would be a good topic for a survey Mods.. this more than any other market has changed a lot recently, so would be interesting to see what people use and for what and how they rate them..

Thread: Pinning hinges
06/03/2020 10:40:00

Same as bob, for 40 size glow and above I use pins.. drill with 0.8m pin drill holes, snip pins with plier cutters and push them in. From the underside trying to not poke through tuther side... if it does, it is 0.8m silver dot on view.. works for me

Thread: all good things eventually come to an end !
25/02/2020 09:57:37

It is with teary eyes I write this hearing the news. Rolls Royce Ansty Model flying club has been a big part in my life, from the age of 6 in 1978 being taken by the old fella to get me out from under mums feet. I was taught to fly and was teaching new members at the age of 10. It was there I learnt to drive a car around the field, I will never forget at the age of 12 being given the keys to an Astra GTE in White to drive it around the field.. my head nearly exploded!!. The site has changed greatly over time, but my memories are more of those members who have passed through over the years.. many of whom are sadly no longer with us.. Great characters and so many stories to tell. Life goes on, and the crazy gang will continue..

Thread: Jammed OS engines
22/02/2020 08:52:23

Put prop on, heat with heat gun, then work it. When it moves then lubricate and continue to gradually work it

Thread: Poorly OS40 repair
17/02/2020 09:58:30

do it, good guy on you tub e David Mcintyre in the states does similar, tear downs, reassembly, plus engine runs.. you could get a few tips by watching some of his stuff..

Thread: Boddington Mannock Biplane Build Part 3
05/02/2020 13:52:39

I think it is important to recognise what has been said and indeed the era it is from. The high lift section and dihedral with anything other than marginal power causes the mannock to climb like a ding bat. I had throttle and ele mixing in mine.. and yes rudder is needed to make nice turns... looks nice but not my favourite flyer.. but knife edged quite well smile p.. passed on to a club mate who just wants to stooge about, which it should be ideal for..

Thread: Poor Solartex Application
03/02/2020 20:43:17

Are you sure you didn’t get your rolls of solartex and duct tape mixed up??.. embarrassed.. sorry mate, couldn’t resist..

Thread: Binding ikonnic red to aurora 9
29/01/2020 20:03:01

Put your tx into blue flashing as opposed to red, same as when binding a minima rx.. try that.. hold down button on back of tx module for 5 sec then release if I remember

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!