By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for extra slim

Here is a list of all the postings extra slim has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Small IC Edge 540 or similar
05/12/2017 07:25:31

Robotbirds are selling the Hyperion edge 540t, 920mm span. Often thought of sticking an IC in one of the 10e range.. only £49..

Thread: Good News from the BMFA AGM
21/11/2017 13:57:37

Open debate of differing opinions is a good thing. There is quite alot from one side of the argument leaning towards the way the BMFA is run, and their recent initiatives, but what I am not and never seem to hear is .. "what are the BMFA NOT doing for us"... there is a point about media coverage, fair enough.. and it would help furthering this to highlight to what end?.

It would be interesting for me to hear rather than what is wrong with them and what they are doing, but to hear what should they be doing, that they are not?

Just curious.

Thread: Recommendations for good sunglasses
20/11/2017 16:09:04

I've had a pair of rapid eyeware innovator for about 10yrs and they are excellent, with the different colours etc, however they are approaching time expiry. In looking to get another pair, the instructions online were to input your prescription details and then since hardly no opticians will give you the distance between eyes, it advises you to get someone to measure them with a ruler!!!!.. I emailed them to ask advice about sending the old pair back etc, but havent heard anything back in about 2 weeks...

Thanks for your post MattyB, I will check these out

Thread: 4.8 v or 6 v receiver packs ?
17/11/2017 13:32:05

I do similar to Paul, but I see on larger models quite a few use two different switches as well, and mine and Pauls setup does I guess give the switch as the single point of failure.. Its how far you go.. larger models can cope with the extra weight.

Thread: A puzzle for engine guru's
17/11/2017 09:33:03

3oz fuel tank cheeky

Thread: Ideas for articles in RCM&E
09/11/2017 11:39:59

After receiving other hobby mags over many years, I thought a "whats in your hanger" or "Whats in your flightbox" article could be interesting/informative/fun. Take a prominent flyer each month, or club member, be them a scale bod, 3D meastro etc and see what gear they use /have/ carry with them....

Just an idea!!

Thread: Mills 1.3cc
07/11/2017 10:04:36

haaha, Ken we are kindred spirits. Last year I dug out an old control liner from the old fellas loft. It was 20-30yrs old, and had been repaired a few times. I spent the afternoon trying to get the PAW running, and then all of a sudden it jumped into life at full chat, and in the blink of an eye, the nose complete with engine and tank flew off, 6" past my face, headed vertical to hit the guttering of the house, prop shattered and most disappeared over next door and the engine, cut and dropped dead weight into a bucket just outside the back door... I did what everyone in that situation would do... ran in the house like I was 8 yrs old!!!!!.. and then realised I was 45 and had to own up... no damage done, neighbour didnt notice and was fine, and best thing was SWMBO was out!!!... and the engine when dried out, ran a treat...

Thread: What Petrol Engine is best ?
30/10/2017 16:59:03

DLE are good I find, and EME seems to be a popular recent choice. 35's.a few club members are really happy with them.. as these sit somewhere between the OS and the NGH types price wise..

Thread: Identification Please of this Oldie
29/10/2017 18:28:15

Don't know what it is, but sure looks pretty. Love the cross braces between the ribs.. very nice thumbs up

Thread: Can't get INTO flat spin
10/10/2017 21:10:12

Check CG and ele movement on the SIM model.. I'd of thought it is that..

10/10/2017 10:57:33

Just me... I enter from height, stalled, full up elevator, left aileron, 1/3 power, left rudder, once spinning, blend the aileron out back to centre whilst adding more power, probably up to 2/3rds and sometimes just past centre and a tad right aileron.. rearward CG and lots of elevator throw help alot.. as everyone says, some models are better at it that others..

Thread: Small engines big hassle
09/10/2017 11:07:30

Sound advice already given, I would lean towards the reed valve.. very common for them to become brittle.. take out and soak/clean.. or try and get a new one.. flushing needle is also a common cure, but more often that not, it is the valve..

Thread: 1 Spray Booth
04/10/2017 15:57:44

Nice work... you seem to have grown a nice golden variety of Jet sloper.. yes can you take a cutting for me??

Thread: My Ultimate Biplane Build
01/10/2017 21:03:12

This is a super demonstration that despite it being ARTF Gary is considering everything, doing a methodical and thorough job, changing the bits he is not happy with, planning ahead and making sure no stone is left unturned. When he opens it up for its maiden he will be in the best possible mind set... bravo.. a lesson many should take note of.. nice one

Thread: DLE20 conundrum
30/09/2017 15:19:07

Mr Harper makes what I think it the very best and most ignored tip.. on my first petrol from years with glows I was a tinkerer, until I read somewhere about both needles need adjusting in the same operation. It transformed my ability to tune.. still see lots of people down the club treating them like glows..!!.. Dual adjustment in harmony is the way to go. Yours burning dark and speeding up from idle quickly, I would imagine is lean at the low end..open it up 1/8.. but turn in the high end the same 1/8 etc...then try again. The adjustments don't always have to be identical but it was doing this that I started to make quick progress..good luck

Thread: New Power XL-17HMB servo
27/09/2017 21:06:22

I got a couple a few years ago when they came out. No gear issues, but the centreing was absolutely the worst I had seen. Went savox little digi's in that case which are super, and usually like others use hitecs

Thread: Caption competition!
22/09/2017 15:45:45

The UK Defence budget cuts hit hard, with the closure of command central, drone pilots recruited from the home guard are forced to use their own vehicles for cover and the sat nav for the live stream...

" Did you get him bert?.. I dunno.. it says make a U turn"..

Thread: SCEN Puma 3
14/09/2017 09:37:11

a ha.. for straight line or trim application I go "cooler than the wrinkle".. (now thats a phrase!) to iron it on in position with no distortion, then once on and straight, up the temp a little and iron over it again..

13/09/2017 11:11:58

fresh blade, and then I turn the iron down to do the "first fit", the film doesn't distort at low heat and goes on straight, and then after it is "tacked on" I increase the heat and go over it again... works for me..

Thread: Two colour fuselage with heat-shrink covering
07/09/2017 16:59:47

My tip is when overlapping and trying to get the straightest line, I turn the iron right down whilst I follow the line closely (I find it loosely tacs it without much shrinkage and distortion, wavey edges) .. and then once down nice and straight, turn up the iron to go over it again... works for me..

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us