By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for extra slim

Here is a list of all the postings extra slim has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What Petrol Engine is best ?
30/10/2017 16:59:03

DLE are good I find, and EME seems to be a popular recent choice. 35's.a few club members are really happy with them.. as these sit somewhere between the OS and the NGH types price wise..

Thread: Identification Please of this Oldie
29/10/2017 18:28:15

Don't know what it is, but sure looks pretty. Love the cross braces between the ribs.. very nice thumbs up

Thread: Can't get INTO flat spin
10/10/2017 21:10:12

Check CG and ele movement on the SIM model.. I'd of thought it is that..

10/10/2017 10:57:33

Just me... I enter from height, stalled, full up elevator, left aileron, 1/3 power, left rudder, once spinning, blend the aileron out back to centre whilst adding more power, probably up to 2/3rds and sometimes just past centre and a tad right aileron.. rearward CG and lots of elevator throw help alot.. as everyone says, some models are better at it that others..

Thread: Small engines big hassle
09/10/2017 11:07:30

Sound advice already given, I would lean towards the reed valve.. very common for them to become brittle.. take out and soak/clean.. or try and get a new one.. flushing needle is also a common cure, but more often that not, it is the valve..

Thread: 1 Spray Booth
04/10/2017 15:57:44

Nice work... you seem to have grown a nice golden variety of Jet sloper.. yes can you take a cutting for me??

Thread: My Ultimate Biplane Build
01/10/2017 21:03:12

This is a super demonstration that despite it being ARTF Gary is considering everything, doing a methodical and thorough job, changing the bits he is not happy with, planning ahead and making sure no stone is left unturned. When he opens it up for its maiden he will be in the best possible mind set... bravo.. a lesson many should take note of.. nice one

Thread: DLE20 conundrum
30/09/2017 15:19:07

Mr Harper makes what I think it the very best and most ignored tip.. on my first petrol from years with glows I was a tinkerer, until I read somewhere about both needles need adjusting in the same operation. It transformed my ability to tune.. still see lots of people down the club treating them like glows..!!.. Dual adjustment in harmony is the way to go. Yours burning dark and speeding up from idle quickly, I would imagine is lean at the low end..open it up 1/8.. but turn in the high end the same 1/8 etc...then try again. The adjustments don't always have to be identical but it was doing this that I started to make quick progress..good luck

Thread: New Power XL-17HMB servo
27/09/2017 21:06:22

I got a couple a few years ago when they came out. No gear issues, but the centreing was absolutely the worst I had seen. Went savox little digi's in that case which are super, and usually like others use hitecs

Thread: Caption competition!
22/09/2017 15:45:45

The UK Defence budget cuts hit hard, with the closure of command central, drone pilots recruited from the home guard are forced to use their own vehicles for cover and the sat nav for the live stream...

" Did you get him bert?.. I dunno.. it says make a U turn"..

Thread: SCEN Puma 3
14/09/2017 09:37:11

a ha.. for straight line or trim application I go "cooler than the wrinkle".. (now thats a phrase!) to iron it on in position with no distortion, then once on and straight, up the temp a little and iron over it again..

13/09/2017 11:11:58

fresh blade, and then I turn the iron down to do the "first fit", the film doesn't distort at low heat and goes on straight, and then after it is "tacked on" I increase the heat and go over it again... works for me..

Thread: Two colour fuselage with heat-shrink covering
07/09/2017 16:59:47

My tip is when overlapping and trying to get the straightest line, I turn the iron right down whilst I follow the line closely (I find it loosely tacs it without much shrinkage and distortion, wavey edges) .. and then once down nice and straight, turn up the iron to go over it again... works for me..

Thread: New sport model
07/09/2017 11:56:44

All super suggestions by Piers yes

Thread: My Ultimate Biplane Build
06/09/2017 10:03:51

Nice, I use one of my kids Wax crayon across both sides of the hinge joint.. once dry, there is usually a nice little "snap" when I move the hinge for any tiny amount of expoxy freeing off (or gorilla.. I like gorilla as it expands into the holes etc).. worked for me for years...

Thread: Great planes Cap 21
03/08/2017 09:31:14

Well done Tom, Looks really nice, and another unfinished model saved from the bin and transformed into a nice airworthy plane for someone. I have a little Pat French Cap 21 with an OS 48FS... lovely looking model, but can be a little Swine coming in... flicks and snaps like a good un though, so I quite like nasty little agile planes, but that is just my taste...

Thread: DC Sabre Prop/instruction sheet
24/07/2017 10:31:59

Hi Jon, Nice to see I'm not the only one... I have recently been playing around alot with diesels having never really used them, other than watching my dad do it years ago. A good few members of our club are of an age where they are mustard with diesels and so I have been leeching the knowledge... I have really enjoyed it and am now pretty good with them, and have built up a little collection..

I had a little merlin with the exact same issues you refer to... my old fella knocked the contra out, put it in the lathe, spun it up and applied 20 seconds light pressure with finest grade paper or brasso I think.. and it totally cured it... castor lacquer is pretty hard... Then on a DC spitfire the contra wouldnt back off, same thing done, same result.. superb running engines both of them.

Got a few vids on my channel

My sabre was aquired boxed for a song, and is seen here

Edited By extra slim on 24/07/2017 10:33:51

Edited By extra slim on 24/07/2017 10:34:09

Thread: How has my brushless motor killed my RX?
14/07/2017 12:06:38

Had back EMF blow the throttle channel out on a RX once, rest of RX was ok, but throttle channel goosed.

Thread: Caption this...!
13/07/2017 21:59:25

Hey Ernie, this new 2.4 set says that the signal forms a mushroom shape in the sky, well I can't see it, can you?.. nope me neither Bert, I'd send it back..

13/07/2017 21:56:22

We've been flying together for 40yrs and I always have to look away whilst you have one last scratch befor taking off bert

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us