By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Joyce

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Joyce has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: CAD Tool
18/09/2019 18:21:00

Well looked again at what I sent to the cutting company and it was a .dxf.

May well have to try to find some other cutting company that will handle other formats other than dwg or .dxf. Any recommendations?

17/09/2019 18:58:18

A little of subject but sue its all semi related as 3D printing must start with a CAD drawing.

Anyway using FreeCad V18 to draw some small ribs which I need cutting. Unable to get the package to output a viable drg file to send to the laser cutting supplier. Has anyone had these type of issues before?

Andy

Thread: Prostate Cancer
16/09/2019 07:33:51

Spoke to soon about the hot flushes, on the positive side its the only thing that is heating up the bedroom.

15/09/2019 18:23:17

Thanks Glyn for the info. Believe I get 20 treatments, but sure I will find out when I next see the consultant. Interesting about the enema, was not aware of that. Had a similar experience for a colon examination. Thought it had not worked then boy or boy did it do its job. Worst was the taste of the liquid they gave me.

No hot flushes as yet but certainly the interest in ones manly duties has reduced, so the drug must be working.

12/09/2019 18:14:59

That's good to hear Martian, hope it stays around that value. My count was 16 which dictated further investigation.

11/09/2019 19:52:22

Now been on my hormone treatment for 1 month so interested to know how all others are doing who are going down the radio therapy route. No side effects with the treatment so far, but don't know quite what to expect.

Thread: Svenson 1/6 Scale Storch
08/08/2019 16:49:40

dsc01077 (medium).jpgAny suggestions as to a suitable tank welcome.

dsc01075 (medium).jpg

07/08/2019 18:04:06

Well got a totally different consultation style today from the oncologist who was very good in explaining her treatment methods. Only 2 of the 18 samples taken showed signs of cancer with a score of 7, so not all doom and gloom as first presented. Was told I have no need to rush which path of treatment I need to take. Going to see the surgeon tomorrow so will see what he has to say before taking a decision.

07/08/2019 17:54:46

Well started to cut holes in the cowl today to allow use of my 91FS. Discovered the cowl is made from aluminium which may help to identify the kit. So did Svenson or Bryant use fiberglass or aluminium?

07/08/2019 09:45:57

Thanks for the info Ian. My Gleason score is 7 with a PSA of 16, so still unclear what route I should go down for treatment.

Certainly pee control is an issue for me as had an issue of leaking fluids following the biopsy. Assuming the same would occur following removal of the prostrate.

06/08/2019 18:34:28

Apparently robotic assistance is not a new concept as met a girl at work today who said her grandfather had the same method of operation 5 years ago in Cambridge.. with only some minor complications! None specific on what these were though.

06/08/2019 18:31:46

Thanks Martian, quickly read through the articles on that site but will find out more when I see the surgeon latter this week.

06/08/2019 18:27:34

Thanks all. Sure it must have been a kit as the cockpit contains a lot of detail.

Just by chance my SC-90 fits the motor support structure spacing, so looks like the original builder had an 91 4 stroke in mind for the model.

Andy

05/08/2019 18:10:09

Has anybody had the robot assisted radical prostatectomy?

05/08/2019 17:16:45

Well thanks very much, but a lot of the detail on the model does not match that of the Plan so wondering if indeed it was from a Svenson kit. Certainly the wing span is 93 inches but the servo arrangement used on the wings is really complex dsc01072 (medium).jpgwith a single servo each side with a removable link arrangement connecting each wing together as pictured.

05/08/2019 12:03:05

dsc01071 (medium).jpgHave acquired what I believe to be a Svenson's Storch kit. Has anyone got one of these that can advise on the construction in relation to the wing leading and trailing feathers?

Andydsc01070 (medium).jpg

29/07/2019 19:47:51

First bit of good news today. My bone scan results came back clear, so now need to make a decision on what treatment path to proceed on.

Interestingly one of the options is to have robotic surgery to remove the prostrate. Bit of RC could be the way to go, that's if the surgeon has an B certificate

18/07/2019 18:17:08

Got my results today, not good, so now need a full body bone scan to see if it has spread.

Still looking on the bright side of life, it gives me more time off work next month recovering from surgery to work on the rigging of my Flair Tiger Moth which I started some 3 years ago.

01/07/2019 19:44:52

Lucky man, I still have mild discomfort and was passing blood for 6 days!

Still I did get good service from the NHS with less than 2 weeks between the PSA test and the biopsy.

24/06/2019 17:53:16

Not improving as have now contracted an infection according to the doctor I consulted this morning.

Had rated the day op ward with a gold star for looking after me, perhaps I was tadge too quick.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Addlestone Models
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us