By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jon Pond

Here is a list of all the postings Jon Pond has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: June 2015 issue feedback and some changes at RCM&E
30/05/2015 15:03:36

I used to temp in a company packing medical journals and similar for posting out to subscribers (and extra advertising leaflets if the subscriber was really luckysmiley). The packing run was sorted and processed by country and then each countries copies were placed into a single box (pallet size box mostly). This box was then sent out by courier to a distribution company/central sorting office in each country who would then open the box and place them into the local postal system....

It could be that the distributers used by RCME pack more than one magazine and simply send these boxes out when full or are using an economy service for sending these boxes on (surface mail etc?).

Without input from RCME or their distributors it would be impossible to know for sure though.

Thread: Show different kinds of music through the ages? ,,,in a Car
29/05/2015 19:15:20

Always enjoyed this one **LINK** although they are not quite as photogenic as the OP.

Thread: Sharps disposal
22/05/2015 08:31:51

I wrap them in gaffa tape and put in the bin.

Thread: Vulcan ... in it's final season
15/05/2015 18:45:47

How would that help when it is the withdrawal of technical support due to airframe age that is driving the retirement?

Thread: Mid Air Collisions - Have You Had One?
10/05/2015 13:07:27

Ah ok - I did do a search for Shoreham and looked at recent postings but didn't find anything.

10/05/2015 11:21:56

**LINK**

I am surprised this story hasn't been mentioned on here yet?

Thread: places to fly around Abingdon
09/02/2015 19:38:57

I have seen people soaring off of Wittenham clumps near Long Wittenham but not sure if a club or similar arrangement.

Thread: Help Advice with a 1000 bill that is not mine
03/01/2015 15:33:59

There are three credit reference agencies and you really need to check all three as different companies use different ones. They are keen to offer their subscription services and less keen to promote the one off £2 statutory reports they have to offer as a condition of operation. To order the £2 reports you need a debit card in the same name as the report is for or submit a cheque in the same name via snail mail.

Ignore any references to "your credit score" as these are a simply a way to try and sell their subscription services and don't mean anything in reality.

You can sign up for a free 30 day trial with Experian here **LINK** and then cancel it before the £14.99 a month charge kicks in.or just do a one off check for £2 here **LINK**.

Call credit also offer a £14.95 a month service here **LINK** or the £2 one off hidden here **LINK** . They also offer a free service on their **LINK** but I have not been able to sign up for it.

Equifax are the same with a subscription here **LINK** or the £2 option here **LINK**

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us