By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Rocker

Here is a list of all the postings Rocker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BAE Hawk
11/06/2020 21:45:40

Looks good .What type of paint did you use .Just wonder if the Humber paint you use to paint the Airfix kits would be  OK ?

Edited By Rocker on 11/06/2020 21:46:13

11/06/2020 21:07:56

I type in RAF Valley and your are right they are black .Now all I need to find out is what black paint to use

Thanks everyone

11/06/2020 16:08:01

Just brought the Freewing Hawk in base colour .Want to paint my own paint scream on it .Fed up with all the Hawks in Red Arrow colour .I know the RAF have some Hawks in black but can someone tell me what colour the RAF paint there Hawks ,the one the pilots train on at RAF Valley in Wales .Also what is the best paint to use on these foam aircraft ,do not want the foam to be damaged by the paint

Thanks

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
02/06/2020 18:54:44

Just a quick qustion .Will the Laser 180 fly the Seagull Hurricane 2083 mm ?

29/05/2020 10:52:17

Hi Jon,

I have the Laser 80 in a Seagull Fokker C1 ,which is basically a Bowers Flybaby in disguise. The exhaust valve had no clearance what so ever but the inlet was fine .I have now adjusted the valves to 0.004 .I am using Model Tec Laser fuel and I have a 14x7 prop on it . Has I said I have adjusted the slow running needle valve like you showed in the video and it was a lot better but still ran a bit erratic at mid range .Then I discover the exhaust valve had no clearance it was tight up against the rocker so I adjusted it to 0.004 .It seems better but I have not try it in flight yet .Would the tight exhaust valve be the cause of it running a bit erratic at mid range ?

Edited By Rocker on 29/05/2020 10:53:14

29/05/2020 10:52:13

Hi Jon,

I have the Laser 80 in a Seagull Fokker C1 ,which is basically a Bowers Flybaby in disguise. The exhaust valve had no clearance what so ever but the inlet was fine .I have now adjusted the valves to 0.004 .I am using Model Tec Laser fuel and I have a 14x7 prop on it . Has I said I have adjusted the slow running needle valve like you showed in the video and it was a lot better but still ran a bit erratic at mid range .Then I discover the exhaust valve had no clearance it was tight up against the rocker so I adjusted it to 0.004 .It seems better but I have not try it in flight yet .Would the tight exhaust valve be the cause of it running a bi erratic at mid range ?

29/05/2020 09:17:32

Hi I have a Laser 80 and it is not running right. It OK at full throttle but erratic at mid range .I retune the slow running needle valve like Jon show in he's video ,it is a bit better but just can not get it to run right in the mid range .I then look at the valve clearances and the inlet valve was fine but the exhaust valve had no clearance what's so ever .I have now adjusted the valve clearance on both valve to so the 0.004 feeler gauge goes through and the 0.10 does not .Due to our club field still being closed ( tell me about it ) I can not check it in flight .It seems to run fine on the ground .Would the exhaust valve having no clearance make much difference to the mid range running of the engine or am I just hoping it did ?

Thread: Futaba T10J charge lead
23/05/2020 17:43:37

I have a Futaba T10J transmitter and the charge lead that fit into the side of the transmitter has pack up working .The charger is OK but I need the little lead that fits into the side of the transmitter .By all account these leads are not avaliable to buy so the only way I can charge up my F10J transmitter is to take out the battery from the transmitter ,not the end of the world but would be nice to just plugging the charge lead into the transmitter again and not keep taking the battery out of the transmitter .Anyone know where I could find this little lead that fit into the small hole in the side of the transmitter

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
22/05/2020 21:10:20

Can you use a wooden prop (18x8 ) on a Laser 180 ,or is it best to stick to a APC 18x8 prop ?

Thread: Can not log in
22/05/2020 21:03:59

Yippee I am back finally log in OK .Thanks Denis

Thread: HobbyKing Why did I order from HobbyKing?????
26/02/2019 16:42:00

Yes nearly right it goes like this

Order lipo , show has in stock.

lipo never dispatched

after 5 days contacted HK to see why

told they can not dispatch them because they are dangerous goods ( yes I do not understand that either !! )

told HK to cancel order

they finally did but offer me a credit note

Contacted Pay Pal who have refunded my money

Then told by the UK warehouse they where out of stock

Edited By Rocker on 26/02/2019 16:43:13

26/02/2019 13:52:45

Post removed, forum language infringement. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 26/02/2019 18:25:08

25/02/2019 22:33:12

Good luck to you all I will never use them again .There are plenty more places to buy lipo from with a better attitude ( this was from the UK warehouse )

Edited By Rocker on 25/02/2019 22:34:03

25/02/2019 18:46:40

Never been a great fan of HobbyKing but thought I would just try them once more to see if their service has improved Oh boy was that a mistake !!!!!!!! Order some lipo from the UK warehouse ,told that the order would be dispatched that day and it would take 2 to 3 days delivery .Here we are 5 days on they still have not been dispatched even though the are marked has in stock .Contacted HobbyKing to find out what is happening to my order .Told there was problem with dangerous goods being dispatched .When I asked when they would be dispatched HobbyKing would not say I said OK cancel the order then but they refused to cancel the order or refund my money What a shower ,never again .It is now in the hands of Pay Pal (to me it is obvious they are not in stock and they are playing for time !!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thread: How many charges will I get from a 12 volt Lesiure Battery ?
24/02/2019 08:58:32

Thanks I take your point about the time it will take to charge a lipo up at the field Most of the people at my club take a 12 volt battery with them and charge up their lipo on anything from 5 amp up to 10 amps .I am not comfortable with that and only like to charge at 1 amp so considering how long it will take to charge a lipo at 1 amp I think I would be better using the money to buy some more lipo then

23/02/2019 23:29:11

Thinking of buying a 12 Volt Leisure Battery to take down the field to charge my lipo batteries up .Before I invested in a 12 volt Battery I want to make sure it will be right for the job .The problem I might have is I only use 6c 5000 lipo .I am no good at working out things like this so would be grateful if one of you boffins could give me clue to how many 6s 50000 lipo I could charge up using a fully charge 12 volt Leisure before it ran out of go .Will I be able to get more then one 6s 5000 lipo charge up on this 12 volt battery ?

Thread: Here one for all you technical flyers
22/02/2019 20:02:38

Has anyone out there flown a Freewing Hawk and landed it on it's undercarriage ? Be good to know if this problem is me or is it a character of this model

22/02/2019 16:19:17

Took the Freewing Hawk today and belly it in No problems .Also maiden the Freewing F86 Sabre ,no problems what so ever with landing the F86 Sabre came in a treat no bouncing just landed a treat

21/02/2019 22:12:10

You might be right but I have order a FMS Hawk ( hope the wife is out when it is delivered ) The Freewing Hawk fly great and looks great in the air but I personally can not land it with out damaging it. So I have decided because the Freewing Hawk now looks a mess with all the damage where the nose has broken off so many times and glued back on due to my terrible landings. I will turn it in to a Sunday morning hack model and take it off using the undercarriage and belly it in that is the only way I can stop it bouncing and when the FMS Hawk arrive use that has my main model Thanks for all your suggestions but the Freewing Hawk has beaten me I am afraid

21/02/2019 21:27:08

Just got back and tried fast landing ,slow landing with flaps without flaps ,No joy bounce ,bounce .Maybe it is me but the strange thing is I am having areal hard time trying to land this Freewing Hawk and it only a matter of time before is rips it's self apart on one of these landing but when I fly my mates FMS Hawk I end up doing perfect landing all the time .That tell me it must be something to do with the model .So the only solution to my problem is simple really ,an upgrade is the only way so that is what I am going to do .One FMS Hawk on orderyes

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!