By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Rocker

Here is a list of all the postings Rocker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hobby King's Web site ????
01/01/2019 16:03:00

OK thanks

01/01/2019 15:27:19

Tried to find a replacement retract for my Durfly Vampire on the Hobby King web site .Had to give up it baffled me .????????????????? signed in then it kept saying I had an illegal e mail adress ,but it had just excepted the email adress when I signed in .Confused .Gave up and went else wear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: Flightline/Freewing Spare Parts
29/12/2018 12:20:48

Totally agree with Jon .My advice stay well clear use Motion RC or R C Castle

28/12/2018 21:37:22

Looks like I need to apologise Woody just look on Motion RC Europe and there spare parts are all in stock .Might give them a try next time I need some spare parts for my Freewing/Flightline models

28/12/2018 21:22:38

Strange I have always had first class service from RC Castle and they always have the spare parts in stock unlike Motion R C Europe where when ever I look at the spares on there web site most are out of stock ,but the more choice we have the better it is for everyone .Saying that I have just pre-order the Flightline 1600 Corsair from Motion RC Europe so I hope you are correct Woody on there service being has good has you say it is .Time will tell

28/12/2018 17:40:58

Yes I know .I will not use them had a real bad experience with them made me feel RED .I can highly recommend R C Castle brilliant service and very helpful ,I get all my Freewing/Flightline spare from R C Castle and has I have said a very quick delivery ,quicker then most UK Model Shops !!!!

26/12/2018 16:40:23

Anyone needing any Flightline/Freewing Spare parts .I can highly recommend " R C Castle " They are based in Hong Kong but the spare parts for your Flightline /Freewing are cheaper to buy from then anywhere in Europe or the UK ( that is also taking in account of the postage They are still cheaper ) and boy is the delivery quick .Order a set of retracts for my Freewing Hawk on the Thursday before Christmas and just received an e mail telling me they will be delivered tomorrow .I do not think that would of been so quick even coming from a company in the UK .That is including the Christmas break in the middle .Very impressed yes

Thread: IC and Electric
21/12/2018 15:05:25

The one thing I am finding between IC and Electric ,is every time I buy a new electric model I always seem to have the wrong batteries for it where has I.C one fuel does all !!!!

Thread: BMFA SUBS
18/12/2018 12:06:27

Our club has drop there fees by £4 for 2019smiley to compensate the BMFA rise

Thread: Glue for foamy?
17/12/2018 20:52:16

So UHU Por would be strong enough to glue say the tail plane and fin OK

Edited By Rocker on 17/12/2018 20:52:58

17/12/2018 20:27:41

Here is a really dumb question When you buy a ARTF Foamy ,some kits come with a sort of contact glue to glue the components together .it is like the old glue used in the old Airfix kits .When I look to buy this glue because I find it better then Epoxy or super glue I can not find it anywhere .All I find in the Model Shops is either Epoxy Glue or Superglue .What is the best glue for foamy if you do not want to use Epoxy or superglue ?

Thread: FMS 70mm F 16 V2
15/12/2018 13:25:51

Really getting into EDF after flying my Freewing Hawk .I now fancy a 70mm F16 There are 2 options the Freewing 70 mm F16 or the FMS 70mm F16 I like the Freewing kits but the Freewing kit comes with only standard retracts where has the FMS comes with upgraded suspension has standard and I think they FMS also comes with the rocket etc ,where on the Freewing you have to buy the upgraded retracts and rockets etc has extra making the FMS better value but is it has good has the Freewing kit ?.I would imagine there about the same making the FMS 70mm F16 better value .Any one have the FMS 70mm F16 .I have found some EDF are great and fly great like the Freewing Hawk and other can be a right pile of crap and at £250 I need to make sure they fly OK before I buy one

Thread: FMS Hawk 80mm ,What is it like ?
14/12/2018 16:28:05

Just come back after a great day flying the Freewing Hawk .Has Simon surgested.I tried belly landing it instead of preserving with the retract down and yes that is much better landed with out any problems and it stops the retract from damage .Simon you say you have landed yours with the flaps down and the flaps where OK .I was not brave enough to try a belly landing with the flaps down .Interesting if you received no damage to the flap in the down position .Might try that next time

13/12/2018 22:23:56

I take it when you belly land them it is with the flaps up so do land them without flaps ?

Thread: ESC for E flie Hurricane
11/12/2018 22:11:02

Thanks Daniel I will do that

11/12/2018 21:40:09

OK I get on the Hobby King web site and one .Thanks

11/12/2018 15:49:12

I have a problem with my E flite Hurricane .The motor keeps cutting out and stopping .I think the e flite esc has given up .I need a new esc .Do not want to fork out £60 for an E Flite esc . I am using 4 c 3200 lipo to fly the Hurricane so was thinking on a 60 amp esc . Would a 60 amp esc be better then a 40amp esc ??? Are the esc from Hobby king OK I get mixed feed back on Hobby King esc 

Edited By Rocker on 11/12/2018 15:51:08

Thread: E Flight Hurricaine Prop ?
10/12/2018 23:15:37

I have a old E-Flite Hurricane ,now well a truly discontinued .It fly really well but today I broke the only propeller I had left and it seems the propellers for the e-Flite Hurricane are no more .The propeller is a 11.75 X 7 ,what would be a better replacement the APC 12 X 7 electric prop or the 11x 7 electric prop ??

Thread: Adhesives,Which are your favourite Brands?
06/12/2018 20:50:42

Devcon ,my choice

Thread: 10 amp lipo charge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05/12/2018 17:09:46

No I am not joking !! Think I will stick to taking several lipo down the field already charge up 10 amps seems to me to be a bit over the top .Mined you I have never ask them what the life span of there lipo are ,very short I would think ? Has I said my lipo life span are good and are fine ,no swelling up etc so I will stick to 2 amps charge .Mind you one of our members who charges at 10 amps because he was told that is what you should do was charging a lipo from he's car battery at 10 amps and it caught fire ,end of car ..No insurance pay out he was told it was neglected and he's fault .So maybe that answear to the question lies there !!!!!!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us