By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Rocker

Here is a list of all the postings Rocker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BMFA Website down...?
27/09/2018 08:23:18

Yes I am able to now receive the BMFA web site ,well done 

Edited By Rocker on 27/09/2018 08:26:41

26/09/2018 13:31:06

I have given up on the BMFA web site ,click run and entered CMD all I got was a blank black screen .Back to phoning the BMFA if I need anything like membership renewal I think they need to do what Paul suggested and shut it down and start again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24/09/2018 20:30:07

I know some people can log into the BMFA web site and a lot can not .There is obviously a big problem with this web site ,it is no good if some people can get it and some people  can not .What is the BMFA doing about fixing it ,Or is it a case of it depends where you live and what server you have and it hard luck on those that can not receive this web site

Edited By Rocker on 24/09/2018 20:31:18

24/09/2018 12:25:51

I am still lock out of the BMFA web site and not being that up on computers I not going to mess my setting up just to get the BMFA web site ,.All the other web site are fine .The BMFA need to sort this out .Come December it will be time to rejoin So much for rejoin online !!!!

21/09/2018 16:01:01

Does not matter what I do I am still lock out so no BMFA web site for me sadthumbs down

20/09/2018 14:26:42

No luck with me still completely lock out

20/09/2018 11:23:41

No I still can not get the BMFA web site .Same cleared my history and cache and still can not get the BMFA web site ?

Thread: What allen keys
19/09/2018 11:51:41

Just brought a Saito 125a ,what a lovely engine .It came with 3 allen keys .I have a set of Align screw drive type allen keys but they are either to small or to big to fit the allen screws on the engine .obviously there are a different type of allen key to what I have .Would like to get a set of allen keys that will fit this engine ,anyone know what type of allen keys they are on Saito engines .IE metric etc so I can buy the right ones

Edited By Rocker on 19/09/2018 11:51:58

Thread: Saito Glow Plugs
16/09/2018 12:24:49

Just brought a Saito FA 125a engine .They recommend using Saito Glow Plugs ,surprise ,surprise .They are not easy to get but I am sure the OS F Type glow plug would be OK .What glow plugs are other people using on there Saito FA 125.Must say this is the first Saito I have brought and I am well impressed .Still have to run it in but well happy with it

Thread: Tacometer ??
16/09/2018 10:33:35

Have a new engine and I have to run it in but my little tacometer has packed up .I need it to run my engine in but can not seem to find anyone that sells them .Anyone know where I can buy one ?

Thread: Battle of Britain: Model Squadron
09/09/2018 22:04:18

They look like they where Dynam models and FMS Stukas.

Thread: Seagull Spcewalker 120
09/09/2018 14:47:13

OK Thanks Denis So You end up with the 2 bulk heads bolted together .Do you fly yours with the recommended throws 3/16 up and down for the elevator does not sound much ?

09/09/2018 11:04:32

Now I have come across another strange thing with putting this kit together I am about to install the engine ,in the kit you have a separate ply wood firewall that is in with fuel tank fitting bag ,there is no mention about it in the instructions ,I am not sure if this is a pattern to help you install the engine because it has the marking for a Saito 120 and different marking for a OS 120 or does it go on top of the firewall that is already glued to the fuselage????

06/09/2018 21:52:47

Has anyone out there put one of these Seagull Spacewalker 120 (82" wingspan ) together .I am at the point where I am going to fit the wheel spats .On the wheel spats I take it you have to cut the cut the 14mm x 7mm grove to take the wheel axle yourself or should there be a grove already cut .Want to make sure this is correct before I mess things up

Thread: lead weghts
05/09/2018 01:46:32

Need some lead weghts for the c of g on my models .Used to have a bit of old lead pipe but that has all gone now ,any tips on where I could buy some more .tried a builders merchant but they wanted silly money for a massive roll that would of kept the whole of our club going for life

Thread: Clubs near Hyawards Heath, Sussex
03/09/2018 21:50:10

There is Felbridge Flyers at East Grinstead and there is also Mid Sussex Flyers but not sure where they fly from but it must be close to you at Haywards Heath

Thread: NGH Petrol engine ,what the opionion on them
03/09/2018 09:31:36

Was thinking on getting the 25 or 35 NGH depending on which one "Just Engine " recommends for the model I have ready for the engine .It looks like the 35 NGH would be the better buy .Hope it will be a good introduction to petrol engine as buying a large glow engine is getting harder and harder to do with most of the big manufactures now turning to producing petrol engines in favour of glow engines bigger then the 90 four stokes

02/09/2018 21:45:48

Completely new to petrol engines so do not want to spend a fortune on a petrol engine then find I that prefer a glow engine ,So the price of the NGH petrol engine looks good but what are they like ????

Thread: What cc petrol engine ?
02/09/2018 20:18:24

Yes ,just read the thread on DLE engines and they all mention how really noisy they are .Our club does not have any noise restriction ,due to fact we fly in the middle of nowhere but that does not mean I will fly a noisy model just wondered about the NGH petrol engines from "Just Engines " Would they be better on the noise level because " Just Engines do a after market silencer for there NGH engine .It just they look a bit cheap and I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for but I have heard good reports about the NGH engines and "Just Engines " have a very good reputation Anyone had one long term who could give me a report on the NGH engines

02/09/2018 16:30:40

I have decided to try a petrol engine (Never had one yet ) It seems this is the way the hobby is going now .All the main engine manufacturer are going over to petrol and dropping the big glow engines .I like the look of the DLE 20 RA petrol engine.The model I am going to put the new petrol engine in is for a 120 to 150 glow four stoke engine so if I am right the 20cc petrol engine is the cc I need I think the 30 cc will be to much .Can someone with a bit more knowledge on petrol engine help me out here .I think the DLE petrol engine are OK and I think 20 cc is the one I need .

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us