By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Beth Ashby Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings Beth Ashby Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Beth's off.....
30/05/2019 09:21:01

Thank you all! I hope to be back in some capacity next year with a budding little flyer in tow.

Best wishes for now,

Beth

29/05/2019 10:22:39
Posted by john stones 1 on 29/05/2019 10:09:15:

Are we having a poll to name the baby ? wink

I was very nearly named Aileron, so that's looking like the current front runner! wink

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
13/05/2019 10:33:56

Gordon,

The new uploader is in HTML5 and so when Adobe do eventually pull all support, the digital editions will still be able to be viewed. Because of this, the old editions will be affected but work is going on currently to move them all over to the new system so that they will be able to be viewed by that time.

Beth

13/05/2019 10:30:32

Geoff,

Good news re-packaging. The plastic is fully recyclable and so can be recycled with your normal council collected plastic!

Beth

08/05/2019 14:12:37

Hi Gordon,

I've taken all your questions back to the IT chap and will reply as soon as I have something solid for you. I can confirm that the difference you're seeing from the March 19 issue is due to the change in magazine viewer but need some clarity on your other questions before I can answer them.

Thanks for your patience,

Beth

08/05/2019 14:06:41
Posted by Geoff Sleath on 04/05/2019 17:36:45:

My paper RCME came through the letterbox this morning wrapped in its plastic cover. It doesn't actually say but my wife ( a keen recycler/gardener etc) wondered if it was compostable or at least biodegradable or capable of recycling? There's nothing to give any indication. Just wondered as many of us are becoming more aware of unnecessary single-use plastic use.

Geoff

I've asked the question... will come back to you when I have an answer!

08/05/2019 14:05:55
Posted by Shaun Walsh on 04/05/2019 15:33:45:

I have just downloaded the latest digital RCM&E and, as sometimes happens, one if the pages failed to load properly, it appears as a page of random colours with a 0 in a black box.

Is there any way to get the viewer to delete the edition and re-upload it

HI Shaun,

Would you mind taking a look and letting me know if the issue has been resolved for you now? I've had a message from the lady who uploads to say its all showing clear her end. If not, could you let me know which page is missing. Feel free to PM if easier.

Thanks

Beth

04/05/2019 16:35:45

Hi Shaun,

I’ll email the lady who uploads them and ask her to have a look. She doesn’t work weekends but will be able to pick it up on Monday

Beth

04/05/2019 14:11:55

Hi Doc,

They’d only loose access to the online library on this site that has issues dating back to 2007, not the issues stored by them on the app or Pocketmags website.

And yes, the magazine viewer issue has been resolved by the implementation of a new viewer.

Beth

Edited By Beth Ashby Moderator on 04/05/2019 14:12:13

Thread: Digital subscriber versus subscription number
03/05/2019 11:41:22

I'm completely with you... it doesn't make sense! It'd be worth having a chat with the subscriptions dept and seeing if there is anything they can do as they're the only ones who could issue a subs number. You can email them with an explanation and a link to this thread if its easier for you... help@rcme.secureorder.co.uk but just be aware, they can take a couple of days to reply.

Beth

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
03/05/2019 11:30:39

Eric,

Sorry I wasn't completely clear and yes, you're right, I meant that no subscription prevents you from accessing the back issue library.

Julian,

As per my PM's, I have asked someone from the subs bureau to contact you, I've asked for an update again and will get back to you when I hear something from them.

Thanks

Beth

Edited By Beth Ashby Moderator on 03/05/2019 11:30:57

Thread: Digital subscriber versus subscription number
03/05/2019 11:27:10

Hi Mike,

As Paul said, we do have a thread for all your subs enquiries here for any future queries but as I've caught this one, I will answer here.

Yes we work with Pocketmags but any Pocketmags subscribers can only access their digital editions through the pocket mags app and website, it doesn't tie up with the archive on this website or any of the subscriber only content because they are a third party organisation.

In order to access the archive, content on here and to be able to view the magazines on the pocket mags app, you'd need to subscribe through us. This can be done by cancelling your Pocketmags subscription and then re-joining through our subscriptions department who you can call to do this on 0344 243 9023.

Although not the most simple of answers, I hope this answers your query okay!

Kell,

As a digital subscriber, you should be able to access the subscriber only topics. There could be a couple of explanations as to why you can't view them anymore. When you switched to digital only, you'd have received a new subscriptions number. Did you update this in your profile? If not, that would be a reason why you no longer have access.

And again, same as the above, did you subscribe through us or Pocketmags?

If you've updated your subs number and subscribed through us, let me know and I'll ask the bureau to look into it for you.

Thanks

Beth

30/04/2019 17:37:36

Hi Julian,

I've send you a PM and chased the subscriptions department again for you. Will keep you updated as I am.

Beth

29/04/2019 15:46:35
Posted by Mark Wilson 7 on 26/04/2019 10:43:55:

If I buy a short term, digital/Print subscription, where is the digital part stored for viewing in the future when the subscription runs out?

Hi Mark,

You can view the digital issues on either pocket mags or here on the website, however you'd need a current subscription to view them as there is no option to save or download.

Beth

29/04/2019 15:45:34

Hi Julian,

I'm sorry that you haven't received a solid answer yet. I've asked one of the managers at the subscriptions bureau to look into this for you and they will be in touch today.

Beth

Thread: Smiley Problem
27/02/2019 15:53:13

Joint effort!

Glad its all sorted smiley

26/02/2019 17:26:32

Right, lemme ask!

Just as an update, hopefully you've all seen that the smileys are back!

22/02/2019 16:46:51

Gotcha!

I've just tried it and it's working okay for me... I know that the tech guys will ask if you've cleared your cache recently, if you have, let me know and I'll ask them whats going on!

B

22/02/2019 14:22:54

Quick update from the tech guy on this... they did an update to fix one issue and it caused the smiley problem. They’ll be working on it over the weekend for us and will update Monday!

Ken - when you say it hung? What do you mean?!

Thread: PM's
22/02/2019 11:12:20

I've asked our tech guy to take a look... I'll let Michael know when I've got an answer.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us