By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Russell 3

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Russell 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Servo rotation
07/12/2018 13:35:23

Peter.

I am using a servo to open a steam valve in a model locomotive.

Ive used a toothed belt and two pulleys of equal teeth with one pulley on the steam valve the other I have mounted on the servo.

If I can get a half turn of the servo giving me a half turn on the steam valve using the throttle channel on my Tx with the stick going from full down to full up I will have achieved my object only mini servos will fit ie 12 x 23 x 21 mm.

Hope this helps

Pete Russell 3

06/12/2018 15:58:19

Hi

I have a DX6 and want to get the servos to go 180 deg not 90

Any sugestions as to how to do it?

Thread: Servo throw settings
06/08/2015 22:41:42

Is this inexprience or naivity?

Jocasta is supposed to be a trainer therefore to me = simple - issues like this make me think or am I over thinking it.? and coming up with the wrong questions.

06/08/2015 22:07:32

Hi all

Another Problem?

The Aerolon movements are in the ratio of 2-1 ie 12 mm and 24 mm as they are connected by a Y lead only one signal is available.

If Im setting servo travel electronically on the transmitter it cant be done - one servo can be set to 12 mm one way and 24 mm the other but as there is a y lead connecting them and they are mechanically set to operqate in a mirror fashion.

The rudder is ok as its 60 mm both ways and the elevators operate together in tandem so they are not a problem.

Is it better or possible to use two channels for the Aerilons one for each and make them operate as a parallel pair

Hope ive put this in a way others can understand.

05/08/2015 09:47:22

Im using a Turnigy 9XR Pro Transmitter and am very new to this.

Is there a setting for limiting the travel of a servo in each direction?

Thread: Jocasta
04/08/2015 08:10:31

kc thanks for that.

Its basically what i am doing - however the elevator is angled away from the fuselage to clear the throw of the rudder which makes the angle and distance the snake comes out of the fuselage a bit awkward.

It seems to work ok as I have it so fingers crossed.

Next bit is elastic bands - how tight should they be? the dowels are 11 inches apart and 12 inches diagonal with the wing 11/4 inches thick - ive got 8 inch but think its a bit tight - dont want to crush the wing!

Pete

02/08/2015 17:30:48

2 bits that confuse me.

The C of G is shown as in the middle of the wing - how do you do this? the nearest I can achieve is to set up a pivot point on the under side of the wing.

Are we just looking for balance prop to tail or are we looking for balance port to Starboard as well.?

The Elevator - Im using a snake- which is probably adding to my problem. Has any one got a sketch or picture of the Horn fitted to the elevator and the push rod coming out of the fuselage.

Solve these and Im ready to get someone to teach me to fly.

Thread: Jocasta
21/05/2015 18:46:32

The 2 wing mounted servo's are they wired to one channel using a y lead?

Presumably the servo function reverses on the one servo because of the way they are mounted.

Has any body managed to get the plan reverse printed to do the left half.

Ive tried today but drawn a blank because I need some one who can scan A1 size drawings.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us