By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for DIGGER

Here is a list of all the postings DIGGER has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Battle of Britain film.
28/05/2019 09:41:16

I was a drayman at the time working in Cambridge, and part of my delivery was Duxford airfield, the Spitfire bar and the Hurricane bar, as the stars and crew called them , so I had alot of time watching the flying scenes, the camera plan was a converted B25 Mitchell. I well remember the day back in the yard when a Polish chap called Frances was helping me to unload my lorry with empty crates, when a formation of He 111 came over, farly low, Frances started throwing bottles in the air shouting nazi barstard and was getting very upset to say the least, we all jumped of the trucks and loading bay to get out the way of the blitz coming down. Poor Frances, it took a good few drinks to calm him down and reassure him it's only a film, but it wasn't for him , he remembered what had happened to his family in Poland. And no he didn't get the sack that was in the days when we had understanding bosses.

Thread: GWS C130 OR C160
17/05/2019 05:33:58

I have just had an email about these motors from China, they said to use 2.5 square line to 6. Anyone got a clue?

Chris

16/05/2019 10:51:24

The N60 motors have arrived, but I have to solder the wire on, can anyone tell me what gauge wire to use. Spec for motor is 7.2v, 35500rpm .

Chris

Thread: Eflite 60amp esc
24/04/2019 07:46:17

, I must apologise for not getting back on this thread , I haven't been able to get out and try your ideas out yet. Will let you know when I can get out there.

Chris

19/04/2019 16:23:52

Capt Kreme, No haven't tried that, I'll see tomorrow if I can do that. Thanks .

Chris

19/04/2019 16:07:04

Hi Gordon

(1) your right nothing would work, all leads double checked. (2) throttle channel is not reversed again double checked. (3) tried the trim setting on the transmitter right down to the lowest setting still dead. (4) red it with 3 other motors including an eflite motor same results. Thanks for your help, this may be one for Spektrum technical department. It's got me stumped, especially that just putting a 40amp esc on the same setup and it works. There must be something in the 60amp esc that stopping it, BUT WHAT?

Chris

19/04/2019 08:27:14

I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have a brand new Eflite 60amp esc (EFLA1060C ) that I wanted to use in a model but it won't start the motor. The rx is the Apprentice S one EFLR310013 and the motor is Turnigy , the controls all work but no motor, it don't even play any tunes. If I put an eflite 40amp esc on it works ok. The 60amp is not faulty it was tested , can anyone explain this.

Chris

17/04/2019 07:25:03

Just in case anyone else is interested, I just found some motors on ebay, not the original but the same size etc, slightly different higher rpm . N60 brushed motor.

Chris

Thread: GWS CARGOTRANS
16/04/2019 14:54:35

David, it's your article in the Nov 2005 RCM&E that got me interested ,and the Banggood release of the C-160 which is the GWS CARGOTRANS made me want one, hence this thread, and my other thread, still having trouble finding brushed motor replacements, thinking of quad motors.

Chris

16/04/2019 05:42:39

Thanks for the link to the manual , it gives the measurements in there, very big help.

Chris

Thread: GWS CARGOTRANS
16/04/2019 05:34:46

There are alot of kits on ebay all from the USA prices are reasonable but the postage kills it for me.

Chris

15/04/2019 12:04:20

Thank you Alan, it's a big help. Didn't know you could still get this.

Chris

15/04/2019 11:33:51

Has anyone still got an old build manual for said model, may have nacelles , does anyone have the original motors, ( working ) anything. Going to modify the banggood C-160 Transall into a C-130. See thread on this.

Chris

15/04/2019 06:37:30

Gordon have sent PM. Paul no doubt you have read the above thread from Gordon. Can you help with other info as you still have yours please. Would like to find a copy of the GWS cargotrans manual, need also any info on esc and motor that are available now? Any help please. from anyone

Chris

14/04/2019 17:19:22

Are these the original brushed motors? Can't wait to get going on it when it finally arrives.

Chris

14/04/2019 15:22:30
Posted by Paul Marsh on 14/04/2019 13:13:02:

Wonder if I still got the nacelles? Don't hold your breath, but will keep it in my mind, in case I stumble upon them.

That would be fantastic if you have. Can you give me the measurements for the placing of the nacelles, say from the centre of the wing if you don't mind. Thanks also to you Alan, love seeing the pics. I was wondering about going the old brushed motors , Hobbyking have some, one esc , lipo battery, just the props to look into. PAUL what size are they. I think you said you still have yours.

Chris

Thread: Hi I'm Laura
14/04/2019 15:07:56
Posted by Laura Stevenage on 14/04/2019 13:53:06:
Posted by DIGGER on 14/04/2019 10:03:34:

Hi Laura. A big welcome to this site from SUNNY 😎 Cyprus. I'm a fairly new person to this hobby and learned to fly after moving here, we don't have a club where I am, but I had an experienced chap teach me the basics, I then brought a Hobbyzone super cub s (SAFE) then moved on to an E-flite Apprentice S ,now I'm into warbirds, and other scale aircraft. The long and the short of this is get an experienced trainer to teach you the basics. I agree with what has been recommended by others on here..

Chris

Hi thanks oh wow Cyprus would loooove to be there right now I'm a bikini girl and it's freezing here lol! I agree I need some help flying to begin with so will look into that. x

Went flying today, we fly overlooking the sea. About 20 deg, sunny, shirt and shorts weather. Sorry you lot in the cold don't mean to rub it in, hehe. Laura if you ever get to Cyprus contact me, you will be most welcome to be with us old men, we can always loan you a plane. Think I'll go and sit by the pool, with a glass of wine. SORRY.

Chris

14/04/2019 10:03:34

Hi Laura. A big welcome to this site from SUNNY 😎 Cyprus. I'm a fairly new person to this hobby and learned to fly after moving here, we don't have a club where I am, but I had an experienced chap teach me the basics, I then brought a Hobbyzone super cub s (SAFE) then moved on to an E-flite Apprentice S ,now I'm into warbirds, and other scale aircraft. The long and the short of this is get an experienced trainer to teach you the basics. I agree with what has been recommended by others on here..

Chris

14/04/2019 09:38:17

Has anyone seen the BANGGOOD C160 transall ? It's actually a 2 engine GWS C130 or cargotrans as they called it, same kit but with 2 motors missing, same size etc although they have done the engine nacelles in plastic I think the GWS was foam, I stand to be corrected on this as I didn't have one. I would like to do this kit and have it as a C130 ,can anyone advise me on getting the other 2 motor nacelles. Do I mould new ones from foam, or by a slim chance has anyone got 2. Also can anyone tell me what the measurements would be for mounting the 4 nacelles on the wing. At the moment banggood have it at a very cheap price. Any help appreciated.

Chris

Thread: Spektrum Radio repairs ?
22/03/2019 04:50:38
Posted by I_AM_MARKEVANS on 22/03/2019 01:24:45:

I'm seeing posts dated yesterday and talk of still sending Spektrum gear to Germany for service. This is no longer the case, Logic RC handles all service and repairs now, they have ex Spektrum/HH guys working there and they are pretty quick to respond to emails.

I'm sure most of you know, but after seeing the above posts I just thought I'd post.

Mark

Yes , but the big question is does Logic RC do repairs for free, probably not, I live in Cyprus so Germany is my nearest and so far trouble free., but if Logic will do repairs for free I might use them.

Chris

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us