By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuart Z

Here is a list of all the postings Stuart Z has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Thinking of changing my car
31/07/2018 17:23:32

Thanks guys

Lots of choice in that lot.

I’ll have a look around and see some of what’s out there.

S

31/07/2018 13:36:45

Hi

I’m thinking of changing my SUV and getting a more “normal” car. I’m looking to having a more daily useable car as the SUV is a handful on longer journeys.

Question is which one?

I’m thinking Mondeo / Superb or similar.

There was a thread around 2009 but it has been deleted apparently.

What cars do you use?

S

Thread: What percentage of pilots fly Mode 1 in the UK?
22/07/2018 11:04:52

Hi

Not wishing to stir this pot up too much but would there be value in having a list of what the predominant Mode is in each club?

This may be of value for people that are moving home etc., so that they know which clubs to approach in their new location.

S

04/07/2018 16:52:02

I learned to fly Mode 1 up in East Anglia where it was the norm. I’ve moved south and I think I’m one of only two Mode 1 flyers in the club.

S

Thread: New- 2018 CONCORDE for 4x50mm EDF
03/07/2018 06:07:36

Very nice!

S

Thread: Martyn's Dalotel
29/06/2018 14:00:37

Thanks guys, I”ll look into those.

S

29/06/2018 10:16:06

Martyn

Thanks for the information on paint selection and technique. I was thinking of using Vallejo acrylics (haven’t checked the colour charts yet!). I have both airbrushes and an HVLP gun running off a compressor so was not looking to use rattle cans. I agree spray paint can take it’s time to dry, depends on how thin you can spray it, thinner the better, but you have to still get coverage. Very much a learner with spraying, but getting somewhere with it. Usually, if it’s the right consistency to get through an airbrush (milk-like) it will dry reasonably quickly. At least it doesn’t turn the air in the work room paint colour, almost no overspray.

Given I haven’t got any Solartex to use as a base, I might be looking at Oratex or similar. Oratex is pricey but don’t know of alternatives at this stage.

S

29/06/2018 09:07:50

Martyn

Staying tuned as interested in the painting process. You’ve used rattle cans so far, was wondering if spraying acrylic would give same effect?

S

28/06/2018 22:27:13

Martyn,

It’s next on the board. Just sorting a wing for a Magician. Fuselage already finished.

S

28/06/2018 22:23:37

Martyn

Fair enough. Mine won’t have the same level of detail, but keeps me aware of what detail it won’t have. More “stand off scale” as it were.

S

28/06/2018 21:58:31

Martyn

As you say, difficult to see any evidence in the photos, even the one here - **LINK**

Will anyone see this level of detail at this scale?

S

Thread: Quicker build using Cyano?
21/06/2018 20:30:37

Hi

Yes, Cyano can be very quick - I built a Flair Hooligan over a weekend, including the trip to the shop to buy the kit!

But on another build I found out, in a very hot shed, just how nasty the stuff gets when it evaporates in an enclosed space. Now I online use cyano sparingly and on few occasions.

Nowadays, I use aliphatic and 5 & 30 minute epoxy for the build. As said above, you can build different parts at the same time. During the summer days, you can make good progress. During the winter it can be quite slow. However, I think the build finishes up stronger if you use aliphatic/epoxy glues.

Just my view.

S

Thread: Engine thrust line
25/05/2018 08:59:49

RC,

Given you have changed fuel, have you tried the rpm reading with a tacho?

Might help with overall tuning to see what you are getting with both fuels.

S

Thread: Website Not Secure
17/05/2018 17:41:48

Thanks for the update!

S

Thread: Pegasus Models
11/05/2018 12:47:35

Hi

Very pleased to say I was able to order a replacement wing kit for my Magician from Pegasus Models. It’s not a listed item but they got it made up for me.

Very pleased with the service.

S

Thread: Covering models with GRP.
10/05/2018 10:02:24

Hi

No expert at all but use the glass cloth and spread with a “credit card” and get good results. Well, good enough for me and have had positive comment. Will be trying the foam roller on my next build. Just to compare.

BUT, we all have preferred ways of working and we should keep note of other methods as different applications may require different approaches.

S

Thread: Query on use of old Futaba 35Mhz equipment with modern electrics
04/05/2018 07:31:37

Hi

I thought of trying the same but was cautious as the 35mg tx doesn’t have the same safety on the throttle control that you find on 2.4gh. Not a major issue, but need to watch the throttle setting when hooking up the battery.

S

Thread: Website Not Secure
01/05/2018 10:55:30

Thanks Beth,

I appreciate your support on this.

I probably won’t understand any tech speak they respond with but would like see an end to these messages. I see it on another forum - I stopped using that one! This one I want to still use as I think it is very good!

Good luck with the “techies”.

S

Edited By Stuart Z on 01/05/2018 10:56:10

01/05/2018 07:10:19
Posted by Beth Ashby Moderator on 05/04/2018 19:57:45:

I've asked the tech guys to take a look at this, just to make sure everything is okay and make the necessary changes.

Beth

Beth,

Hi, did you get any response on this?

Thanks

S

Thread: Wheelspin Models (and RM)
28/04/2018 07:01:53

Very happy with their service.

Their website is great.

S

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!