By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark Elen

Here is a list of all the postings Mark Elen has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RM Trainer Mk3
11/11/2015 20:56:17

Hi all,

Returning to the hobby after a 30 year lay off, having said that, I have dabbled with helis in the intervening period. Built one of these when I was 14, but MK1 had a pretty serious flaw, the main spars are shown on the plan as hard balsa, I used soft (cos thats all I had) and the resulting wing collapse on first flight put paid to that.

MK2 was duly built and this time, with spruce spars gave good service and taught me to fly. Then at around the age of 16, I got bitten by the heli bug and built a hughes 300 kit (can't remember who's it was) and learnt to hover, but never had the guts to have a go at circuits.

Fast forward to now, and I want to start building again, so I thought, lets have another go at this and see if I can make MK3 any better than MK2.

So, building board at the ready, here goes:

Began making ribs using the sandwich method

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Then got on with the fuse sides:

039.jpg

And this is how it is at the moment:

045.jpg

Cheers

Mark

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us