By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Ashby - Moderator

Here is a list of all the postings David Ashby - Moderator has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Will we continue to get the magazine (RCM&E)?
02/04/2020 15:16:51
Posted by Ray Wood 4 on 02/04/2020 14:57:27:

Hi All,

Have a look on the Model Boats forum , same here I would think.

Regards Ray

No, not the same here Ray. I talk to Kevin daily of course and nothing has changed beyond his statement above. RCM&E continues, albeit a little smaller for the next few issues.

31/03/2020 11:57:52

Morning all. A reply from Kevin (Editor):

The answer is yes, RCM&E will continue to be published, unless printers are told to shut down. But then they were deemed essential during wartime, so fingers crossed they will remain so this time too. Even if that did happen there is now the option to carry on digitally, so unless things get really dire then we should be able to carry on, management willing.

The May issue has just gone to print and work has just started on the June issue. However, steps have already been taken to try to insulate MyTime Media from the worst effects of the crisis and in RCM&E’s case this means a change in pagination to 100 pages and one pull-out plan from June onwards. Publication frequency has also reverted back to 12 issues, so there will no longer be a Special issue later this year.

Kevin.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 31/03/2020 11:58:11

Thread: 2020 Events Cancelled
30/03/2020 16:19:25

Weston Park dates are now 16, 17 and 18th October 2020.

Message from Steve Bishop reads....

It is with regret that we are postponing Weston Park Model Airshow until October.

We have had many discussions with authorities from the CAA and Weston Park
to The World health organisation.

Health and Safety, and the wellbeing of all that visit our show is, and has always been our number 1 priority. We are now planning to run the show on the 16th,17th and 18th of October.
We will post updates on this website and our facebook page.
In the meantime please stay safe!

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 30/03/2020 16:20:40

Thread: What Traders are still offering Mail Order? Services?
30/03/2020 14:11:36
Posted by Robin Colbourne on 30/03/2020 12:37:22:

I think this thread is an excellent idea. The shops that are still offering a mail order service are in many cases operating with a skeleton staff, so the last thing they need is us phoning up just to see if they are still open for this.

David Ashby, I appreciate you like to give priority to your regular advertisers, however, in these unique circumstances, by supporting and encouraging the UK hobby as a whole both customers and suppliers will benefit. The continued existence of UK suppliers both big and small can only be good for all of us in the long term.

Of course Robin, that's obvious and why I agreed to Steve's suggestion. wink

30/03/2020 10:36:20

That's ok Steve but we're always sensitive to our existing advertisers so a trader who isn't should resist the urge to highlight particular stock, offers, prices etc. These posts will be removed. Simply state whether trading is continuing online.

Please also resist the urge to discuss specific orders etc. 

It should be fairly obvious though. The presumption is that all traders are closed to footflow traffic and open for mail order. Simply checking their website or giving them a call will confirm this.

Incidentally, if a trader wants to post but isn't sure then just drop me a PM. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 30/03/2020 14:10:03

Thread: NEW POLL - Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
30/03/2020 09:47:40

At a user suggestion, are you using the time to get a project underway? 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 30/03/2020 09:53:29

Thread: Covid 19
24/03/2020 10:10:38

Politics and mud slinging aren't required on this forum so, from here on all posts in that regard will be deleted and the poster formally warned.

We live in unusual times folks, be kind to each other please.

Thread locked. We only need one thread on the subject so please post your Covid-19 thoughts here.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
24/03/2020 10:07:49

Politics aren't required on this forum so, from here on all posts in that regard will be deleted and the poster formally warned.

We live in unusual times folks, be kind to each other please.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 24/03/2020 10:12:01

19/03/2020 08:55:50

This weekend's Windermere Waterplane Flyers meeting at Ullswater now cancelled.

18/03/2020 17:04:42

Woodspring Wings 11-12 Jul now cancelled.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
18/03/2020 14:58:27

Hi Jeff, sorry you're having problems there.

I'll get the subscriptions manager to have a look at that and respond via email to you.

David.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
18/03/2020 14:48:55

Hi folks, despite the virus outbreak your moderating team are fit and well, and happy to dispense forum warnings and expulsions for breach of guidelines (as we have already on this thread). It's still business as normal I'm afraid. smile

18/03/2020 08:46:30

A message to event organisers.

If you've previously advised RCM&E of show, fly-in or swapmeet dates and the event is now cancelled then please kindly also let us know.

david.ashby@mytimemedia.com 

David.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 18/03/2020 09:14:27

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22/02/2020 20:03:12

Weather? At the risk of becoming unpopular (or even more unpopular) I've flown three times this week.... on the slope. Great lift and not too chilly (for Feb). thumbs up teeth 2

img_2445.jpg

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 22/02/2020 20:03:47

Thread: Microaces Sopwith Triplane Maiden
22/02/2020 06:48:40

Love it thumbs upsmile

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
21/02/2020 22:02:32

Folks, just a reminder that using ****** to hide poor language isn’t allowed on this forum. So doing gains the poster an immediate stage 1 warning. If you’re new or relatively new to the forum then please take the time to check the Code or Conduct.

The CAA/DOFT threads are generating a steady string of warnings and, in some cases, forum expulsions (for those already on a stage 1). We do this quietly in the background so don’t make the mistake of assuming this site is unmoderated just because you don’t see warnings given in public.

I doubt the story ends here and we've still to see many twists and turns in the saga, but the forum COC still stands and applies to all members, no matter how long they've been using this site. 

With thanks, David. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 22/02/2020 06:41:52

Thread: CAA ID number discussion
21/02/2020 22:01:38

Folks, just a reminder that using ****** to hide poor language isn’t allowed on this forum. So doing gains the poster an immediate stage 1 warning. If you’re new or relatively new to the forum then please take the time to check the Code or Conduct.

The CAA/DOFT threads are generating a steady string of warnings and, in some cases, forum expulsions (for those already on a stage 1). We do this quietly in the background so don’t make the mistake of assuming this site is unmoderated just because you don’t see warnings given in public.

I doubt the story ends here and we've still to see many twists and turns in the saga, but the forum COC still stands and applies to all members, no matter how long they've been using this site. 

With thanks, David. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 22/02/2020 06:43:16

20/02/2020 10:45:29

Thanks Andy thumbs up

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
17/02/2020 15:33:13
Posted by Wingman on 17/02/2020 15:22:58:

sorry Davidblush but it does make me boilwink

I know. I do envy some of the older flyers in our club. If they hadn't been told they'd just carry on flying regardless. Somehow news never seems to reach them.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 17/02/2020 15:35:41

Thread: CAA ID number discussion
17/02/2020 15:05:16

I've just merged the operator ID number threads, just for neatness.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us