By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Glenn Stevenson

Here is a list of all the postings Glenn Stevenson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Acrowot xl
19/09/2020 22:15:06

Thanks, I missed the step in the manual, Didyou have to put weight at the back Tim?

Glenn

19/09/2020 14:40:45

Robert

The manual doesnt state the distance from firewall. where did you find the measurement?

Cheers

Glenn

19/09/2020 12:38:34

Hi, Im putting an acrowot xl together but instead of a petrol engine Ive bought a Laser 180.

Just wondered if anyone else has tried this and has any pics of the engine install,

Not sure how far off the bulkhead the engine needs to go to get the balance good.

Thanks

Glenn

Thread: Brilliant service
16/07/2020 15:43:35

You should try Weston fuels, get 4 gallons next day no postage charge, always been good for me.

Regards

Glenn

Thread: Aurora 9x
30/06/2020 23:15:18

Peter, I didnt say the cheap chinese were unreliable, I was including it in a list and refering to a popular brand.

Perhaps my wording wasnt very clear!

Regards

Glenn

30/06/2020 19:13:20

Not sure about the Jumper radio, prefer a name that Ive heard of.

Its a shame that the options are only expensive (Jeti etc), unreliable, cheap chinese or Futaba.

Hitec could have made a device that beat them all.

Glenn

30/06/2020 14:04:21

Hi, i have a Hitec Flash 8 and its been a great radio, however they have discontinued it and I worry that I havent got a spare to use as a backup, I,m looking at getting another hopefully an Aurora 9x so I can continue using my receivers.

If anyone has a new Flash 8 they dont want or a 9x Give me an email.

Is there any advantage to spending loads of cash on a new futaba (and receivers), I cant bring myself to buy Spektrum after having bad luck with the old DX6i and DX6

Regards

Glenn

Thread: Saito exhaust
16/06/2020 11:09:30

Thanks Jon, Forgot to look at the thread. oops

16/06/2020 10:18:37

Thanks everyone, I,l give it a try with the silencer supported and if it gives me grief i

I will look for another Laser.

By the way Jon I asked you about a needle jet for my Laser 80 in another thread, the extension bar has broken off.

do you sell the needle jets?

thanks

Glenn

15/06/2020 20:43:10

Hi, do you mean a bracket round the silencer for support?

Glenn

15/06/2020 20:13:24

Hi, I have a Saito 125 that keeps loosening the head to pipe joint letting the exhaust swing freely, having tightened it as hard as possible it lasts a few flights and comes loose. Its a big heavy exhaust that looks like a bit of vibration and differential expansion is going to free it off easily

Anybody got a good fix for this, older forums have suggested ptfe tape or epoxy but still had it come loos. I wondered if anyone has had experience with this.

Regards

Glenn

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
08/06/2020 19:37:15

Yes thats the one, Do you have a method of repairing it?

Glenn

08/06/2020 15:43:59

Hi I have broke the needle extension bar on my laser 80, there doesnt seem to be a grub screw to fir a new bit of wire, do I need to replace the needle jet?

Glenn

Thread: If you like engines.........
06/05/2020 10:35:23

Have a look at the velocette v twin or his honda 6 replica, utterly marvelous.

As for making economy bikes and cars, let all the sheeple have them and save all the petrol for those of us who want to enjoy it!

Its time to get back out on the field and burn some methanol.

Regards

Glenn

Thread: How many watts?
10/04/2020 12:11:25

I will try it and see what happens, if it doesnt work well then there will be some swapmeets one day and it will get me a few bob to buy some lovely glow engines.

Electric is not that satisfying as banging a big engine in and having fun.

Keep safe everybody

Glenn

10/04/2020 10:36:48

Thanks just been playing with different props and a 13*6 gave me 250 watts, I tried a different motor (910 kv instead of 700kv standard) and got over 300 watts but it will need mounts modified to suit cowl.

I,l try it with bigger prop when i can get back to field, hopefully soon!

Cheers

Glenn

10/04/2020 08:15:21

Ive got my old slowpoke out to see if I can improve its performance, when it was new it was pretty rapid but the esc burnt out one day and I havent managed to get it to go as well with any of the spare escs I have in my drawer.

With a 40amp esc that works in a foamy acrowot I can only get about 180 watts, The acrowot gives about 220, the acrowot weighs about a pound less than the poke so has much better performance.

Anybody got a poke that they can check the power output?

The plane is the durafly model with standard motor and 2200 3s lipo.

Thanks

Glenn

Thread: Autumn is here...you been flying ?
18/11/2019 10:19:03

Ash, I have an old 90 laser in it and it pulls it very well. Its not something I fling around like an acrowot but it is very easy to fly. Not tried weighing it.

Glenn

14/11/2019 11:52:28

dragon lady.jpgHad a good afternoon Wednesday. Light wind and sunshine, just two of us though.

Glenn

Thread: Seagull Turbo Raven
05/08/2019 19:53:52

Just wondered if anybody has any info on the CofG for the seagull turbo raven.

Im going to try mine with more weight on the front and feel like its a do or die effort to get it to fly.

Glenn

Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!