By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuart Marsden

Here is a list of all the postings Stuart Marsden has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Electric brushless setup for a Ben Buckle Long Cabin
05/06/2016 14:33:45

Thank you, the model flew once using this setup but with the nims or nicads, the exculpatory says on it ACCU 4016 3ph 7_16 cells, which obviously refers to 1.2v nicads. I looked the exculpatory on the web and could only five d a puff instruction leaflet in German, but it is the same one, the images confirm this. The prop I used is still on the model 11x7 pace.

05/06/2016 13:34:24

Many thanks, I will look at Max4 site. I am also resurrecting my Slim Matador, I knew Henry J.and he gave permission to use this project in the articles which I wrote for the modelling press. This was a great project using geared 400 motor and 7 small nicads, the model flew very well and all of my nightclubs members flew this for many hours and lasted for up to 10 minutes on a single charge. The power was marginal with hand launching over open fields, but this gave all the youngsters and setup for members life long memories. I am just beginning an overhaul and refit with brushless and liposp. I expect this will fly off the field and be as nippy as you like and I have managed to get together a sound flight system. It will take a while but will make a post as soon as I have succeeded. Best regards, Stuart

05/06/2016 11:55:33

Hi all, At least 10years ago, I ran a nightclubs for Aeromodelling and one of the later projects was a Long Cabin converted to electric flight. To cut a very long story short, we used the motor and sec as above, swinging a APCE 11x7. We hand launched the model which was powered by nicads or Nimh, about 8 to 10 cells. The escape says 7 to 16 cells. I have managed to find a pdf in German for the esc and guess what, I can,t read German I am hoping to use Lipos and wonder if any of you can advise from here, as to how many cells and capacity. I can of course change the prop. It's amazing when you have 10 years completely absorbed in something else, how you so easily loose your confidence! Potty Flyer.

Thread: Retro fitting flaps to a Super 60
26/05/2016 06:03:17

Super Sixty, my first model when learning to fly RC and I have to say reading this thread has created the desire to ha e one again, anyone out there wanting to move theirs on, please get in touch. With a view to the post, stating the fitting of flaps, inferring that the chap needs to learn to fly, I can see the point from a simplistic view, however, the whole world of modelling creates a natural desire to experiment for whatever reason. So in my view, keep making it your own and let's have more of it.

24/05/2016 21:45:07

I have been looking for a good Super Sixty with aileron wing and have no time to build one . Is there anyone out there with one to sell, I live in Cambridgeshire. Please Reply to stuartmarsden0@gmail.com

Thread: Cermark Yak54 motor choices
23/05/2016 20:50:59

Sorry a p c e.

23/05/2016 20:48:23

Thanks, this is the 39 inch span, so I will carry on and try with an pace 10 5

23/05/2016 19:16:52

Sorry should have read Cermark

23/05/2016 16:32:32

I have one of these 1 metre models waTermark which I bought 10 years ago. Ha ing had a break for this time and looking through all habits I appeAr to have bought a Wasp 3530_1100've 250watts. Does anyone have one of these models and can anyone advise if the motor I have with 25amp esc will do the job?

Thread: A Gangster 52 for today ?
19/05/2016 21:07:00

Good question which I do not know the answer. You can get the a.swear by KinnocK Reeves, I understand he still operates from Cambridgeshire. Contact him through his website. Fact remains, the Gangster range was one of the best available at the turn of the Century, and quality always survives.

19/05/2016 19:40:07

Gangster63 was always the pick of the bunch for me. The key here is to get back to building. Traditional kit built Acrowot nearly as good. Both great models, but the 63 was the best and I believe still available, contact Mick Reeves. You never know, youm I got get Mick back on the 52 !

Thread: Servo choices for Max Riot
19/05/2016 12:16:53

Thanks all

19/05/2016 06:05:42

Thanks for that, do you have a supplier I could use? Comng back is quite exciting and I all kinds of projects in my mind, so a reliable internet provider would be helpful for sec, battery and motor purchases. As for the Riot servo, I was served very well by my local model shop, In wood Models, who pro died a Riot spare part over the counter. Thanks again.

17/05/2016 22:05:07

Having had only a few flights I have a wing servo which has stripped its gears. I carry the wing in its provided bubble wrap and am unaware of the wing being knocked. However who knows if these ser 's are strong enough or that I have been unaware of a knock. Comments please and suggestions for those who have upgraded with servos.

Thread: Tiny servos and compatibility to receivers
12/05/2016 14:08:15

Many thanks

12/05/2016 06:46:27

Thanks for this, my eyes definitely won,t be tackling the soldering. I will look at these options.Where do you generally find the best place or site to purchase from?

Thread: Prop selection for Max Thrust Riot
12/05/2016 06:42:38

Interesting, as my original prop was just the same. Have you done any tests with a watts meter or is it a case it's works, that's good enough? I would be interested in how long your flights are. Best regards Stuart

11/05/2016 22:08:57

Many thanks for this, I get watts metre out and some extensive tests. Best regards

Thread: Tiny servos and compatibility to receivers
11/05/2016 22:03:49

Thanks will have a look

Thread: Prop selection for Max Thrust Riot
11/05/2016 20:08:00

I have bought one of these props. I am also advised the 13x6 will also improve performance without drawi down the battery significant. Has anyone tried this?

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!