By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bjarne Kvilvang

Here is a list of all the postings Bjarne Kvilvang has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bj's Modellflyg videos
30/10/2020 21:06:13

A wonderful evening flight of a Carf Viper jet 2.5m flown by my good friend Kjell Sjöblom at Hedlanda airfield. A really nice flight at sunset of a very nice model.

If you like my videos then you can support me by buying me a cup of coffee, just click on the link in the text below the video on YouTube.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... wink

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne
01/09/2020 21:13:50
Posted by fly boy3 on 31/08/2020 20:13:12:

Great video supplemented by some nice smooth flying. Keep it up Bjarne, top quality stuff as usual. Cheers

Thank you for your kind words.......blush

Bjarne

31/08/2020 18:00:02

The urge to fly became too great last night, so I took a quick trip with my Robbe Beaver here in Härjedalen. Made a short little video with a slightly grainy picture when it was already starting to get dark. A fantastic plane and with everything from lights and pontones on a windless night, it will hardly get better than this.

If you like my videos then you can support me by buying me a cup of coffee, just click on the link in the text below the video on YouTube.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne
08/07/2020 11:25:28
Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 07/07/2020 19:24:24:

Good to see some flying in wet weather, Bjarne! Jets are not my "thing" , nevertheless nice to see the flight envelope and a young lad showing his skills.

We do fly in all kinds of weather and I'm also not into jets. I like my models with a propeller that points forward...... cheeky no helis or multirotors....... wink

But it's always fun to see new young pilots that have a passion for the hobby.

Cheers Bjarne

07/07/2020 16:04:01

An absolutely incredible maiden by an 18 year old pilot. After about 6 hours in the car to get to our airfield is the plane quickly unloaded and assembled for a quick test with a start-up to check that everything was working properly. Then refuel, start and taxi out to the track. Taxi then goes down a bit and turns and without even stopping, pulls on full throttle and flies away as if he has done nothing but fly this model hundreds of times before.

Watch and enjoy Patrick's wonderful maid on his Rebel.

A big thank you to Patrick De Andrade Skjärvö (pilot) and dad Johnny Skjærvø (pit crew) for this show.

Tech info about the model:
CARF Rebel 2 m
Jetcat P100 RX
Electron LG
Titanium/aluminium tailpipe
4 l Fueltank
Futaba S9177SV Servo
Futaba 2x7008 w/Orbit powerjack
Powerbox Igyro3e
Powerswitch.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne
19/06/2020 12:33:30
Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 18/06/2020 21:04:40:

Very nice Bjarne, the model sounds amazing too. You are lucky to have dry weather to fly in, here it is very wet, and we are all inside.

D.D.

Thank you Dwain, hope the weather will clear up at your place so you can get out flying...... hot

Cheers Bjarne

18/06/2020 16:37:32

Here I fly my model Gula Faran in an absolutely fantastic sunset and dead calm. Indescribable feeling as you cruise around with this amazing vintage oldtimer and enjoy the sound of the OS FS-91 Surpass 4-stroke engine. When you come slowly at low altitude with the engine slightly above idle, you almost get goose bumps.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ......

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

09/06/2020 15:56:41
Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 09/06/2020 15:47:35:

There you go, the link is below, Bjarne. This was it's second flight only so no "exhibition" flying just the basics while I got used to her. But she hasn't disappointed after a dozen or so flights.

Extreme Flight 104" Extra 330SC Electric

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 09/06/2020 15:54:56

Really nice model, looks great. Nice flight and a smooth landing........ thumbs up

Cheers Bjarne

09/06/2020 15:24:25

Kjell-Åke Skoog flies a Carf MIG-15 with a Kingtech 10kg turbine. A really big model with 2m wingspan and a weight of 12 kg and with really nice scale details. A fantastic model to watch and listen to when Kjell-Åke flies it.

Model information:
Carf MIG 15
Wingspan 200 cm
Engine Kingtech 10 kg turbin
Weight 12 kg

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... embarrassed

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne
09/06/2020 14:45:29
Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 07/06/2020 14:12:07:

Loved the EF 104" Laser, Bjarne.

I am fond of EF "biggies" and I have the EF 104" Extra 330SC the only difference being my is an electric conversion and I am pleased to report flies very well.

Sounds really nice Adrian. Do you have a video of your model, if so can you post the address so I can see it?

Cheers Bjarne

05/06/2020 19:17:04

Robert Wermelin flies here his new Extrem Fligth Laser 104 "with a DLE 120cc with canister, Hitec servos and Powerbox. A pure pleasure to be a spectator when Robert flies, here you get a fantastic flight display every time. He is incredibly good at controlling these big models so here is it just to sit back and enjoy the show.

Model information:
Extrem Fligth Laser 104"
DLE 120cc with canister
Hitec servos
Powerbox

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... laugh

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

13/05/2020 13:45:49

Finally did I get the possibility to maiden this beauty that haven't flown in about 30 years. Had hoped that with the OS FS-91 Surpass 4-stroke that it would be enough engine to be able to cruise around 1/4 throttle, and it's perfect. Just a bit over idle with the awesome sound from the 4-stroke can I relax to 210% and just enjoy everything and just cruse around with the model at level flight. This model is going to be perfect for those beautiful summer evening's.

The model is a total home build so no brand, plans or any of that. The model is built after a full scale called "Gula Faran" in Swedish (Yellow Danger). You can find more info about the model at my Instagram or at Bj's Modellflyg Facebook group as well as more pictures. You will find direct links to Instagram and Facebook in the video description for the video on Youtube.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

22/04/2020 08:53:00

Got this model in a trade last fall, but was unsure if I would keep it or sell it. Have now decided to keep it and have made a small unboxing video as well as assembling the model.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

24/03/2020 05:07:47

Got hold of this gem last year but it was a bit tired as it had not been used for 25-30 years. Here is a little video about the story behind the model and how it now looks after many hours of cleaning and fixing. Now the model is finally ready to get back in the air and curse around as intended.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

05/03/2020 07:06:17

A small video from the summer of 2019 filmed at Hedlanda airport. My friend Joakim Lundholm flies with his YAK-54 30%, a pure pleasure to be a spectator when you get such shows when the pilot just has a relaxing flight.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... cool

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

05/03/2020 07:02:36
Posted by fly boy3 on 09/02/2020 21:04:04:

Hi Bjarne, that some engine test bed, it's a first class bit of work I must say, well done. It befits the OS surpass as that too is a gem. Are you using a servo tester to operate throttle servo. Cheers

Yes I'm using a cheep servo tester connected to a UBEC and an old 3S LiPo not suited for flying anymore.

09/02/2020 18:58:32

Have a lot of different size glow engines so made an adjustable bench for testing the different 2 stroke and 4 stroke glow engines. Here is a short rundown on the build and test of the bench as well as a test of my old OS FS-91 Surpass 4 stroke that haven't been started in 20+ years.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

18/12/2019 11:10:40

Ole Martin Vuttudal Moe Flies here his big T-3 Sport Jet from T-One Models, a really big machine where the body is 3 m long with a wingspan of 2.6 m driven by a Kingtec 260 turbine. Every time he takes it up it's like being a spectator on a airshow, he controls this model as if it's on rails. It is a pure pleasure to just sit and enjoy the flight and you see that he knows exactly what he is doing and how good a pilot he is. A fantastic flight ended with a perfect landing.

Specification:
3m long fuselage
2.6m wingspan
7.57L fuel tank
1.8L smoke tank
Kingtec 260 turbine

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

11/12/2019 11:27:22

Einar Veland brought a Windrider Boeing 737-700 to Hedlanda this summer, a really nice model and he had painted it in the colors of the good old Norwegian company Braathen. Was very excited about this model as it flew like it was on rails and looked absolutely amazing in the air. It's fun to see a good pilot like Einar fly a model you don't see every day and fly it scaled.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

04/12/2019 11:49:37

Tommy Olovsson is having a relaxation flight with his Ultemate 10-300 at Hedlanda this summer, really fun to be a spectator when talented pilots like Tommy just want to have some fun.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Subscribe now
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!