By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy C

Here is a list of all the postings Andy C has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Southern Model Show 2019
09/09/2019 17:23:35

I went on Saturday. As a model show I thought it was the best one yet from recent years. Great variety that can only help attract more attendees in coming years. Flying was also good although I would like to see more large scale non warbird planes flying.

Was disappointed to see very few balsa kits there and some notable absences from trade stands. Shame no SLEC, and also thought a Sarik stand would have been great with both and maybe others presenting/promoting kit building to the audience.

All in all though I'm pleased I went.

Thread: Where to get Good RX switches from?
27/07/2019 21:30:28

I am slowly growing my IC fleet, and read a lot on here warning of poor and low quality switches for RXs. So, where should I buy decent ones from please?

Thread: My vintage Digifleet and futaba stuff on Ebay
19/06/2019 07:51:17

Feel free to Check it all out..........

My Ebay Sales

Regards

Thread: Extending Receiver NiMH 6V pack leads
17/06/2019 08:10:04

Thanks Frank. Understand now. yes

16/06/2019 22:38:31

Thanks Frank but what does that actually mean. Can a 5 cell NiMH receiver pack lead needing an additional 12" of wire be done with 22AWG?

16/06/2019 16:51:34

Thanks C.

Only options I have in my current spares are some twisted 22awg leads or some 14awg wire which I could solder in to extend. Will the 22awg be acceptable or should I order something in between 22 and 14?

16/06/2019 16:24:23

In a desperate attempt to minimise additional nose weight on my slow poke (it needs a lot!) I have moved the battery pack to just behind the engine and now need to extend the lead to reach the receiver. Initial thoughts was simply a 30cm servo extension lead, but now am wondering whether I would need to increase wire size for that distance. What are the rules on this please? Plane is running spektrum receiver and 5 standard size futaba servos.

Thread: Seagull E-Pioneer
30/05/2019 00:22:02

I wouldn't put a hatch cover on. All I did was use Velcro on battery and correspnding "shelf" to stop it slipping and effecting CoG and a couple of Velcro straps (superglued to keep from losing) around shelf and battery to stop it falling out. Works a dream.

Andy

Thread: My Veron Concord on Ebay finishing tonight
19/05/2019 12:44:06

My veron concord on ebay

Thread: My Digifleet transmitters on Ebay finishing today
19/05/2019 12:42:15

My Ebay sales

Thread: Cordless - Dremel or Aldi special?
17/05/2019 17:40:48

Been thinking about dding to my dremel a cordless version,but just seen in Aldi they have their own one. Aldi is £17,Dremel is anything up to £100.

Do you get what you pay for?

Thanks

Thread: Any ideas what this old model is please?
09/05/2019 22:15:59

Thanks for the replies guys. I think from more research its a veron concord, so well done mike and thank you. Having reflected I have stuck it on ebay as I have far too many projects ahead of it to think this will get up in the air under my ownership. Hopefully it will find a decent home.

Thanks

07/05/2019 20:16:12

Received as part of a job lot. Anyone have any idea what it is please? Wingspan is about 66"

Thanks

Thread: Disposing of modelling goods?
06/04/2019 07:17:57

I have to admit, I am one of those who cannot say no to the old stuff. I think I am a very rare breed though as I am still in my forties, have enough disposable income to buy new, but for me there is still nothing more satisfying than bringing something back from the dead. Add to that the thought of stopping a bit of our past getting lost at the dump, or in a dealer's loft speculating that one day he can make a profit on it, I am even more happy. Last year I bought cheaply an ex flyers loft full of old models (some 40 years old) and engines. None of it is yet to run or fly, but as recent as last night I was working out what I would start on when my current build is finished later this month. I am just as bad when it comes to old RC cars, especially Tamiyas from the 70s and 80s.

(and I am located in the South East by the way. )

Thread: Banded on undercarriage
02/04/2019 11:01:53

I wouldn't recommend a banded undercarriage. I fitted one on a build last year, thinking it would be great but all that happened was every landing it spun 180 deg meaning the plane belly landed and prop caught ground. Changed it soon after for a rigid aluminium frame screwed to ply reinforcement.

Thread: Help with heat shrink film on rounded fuselages please
25/03/2019 21:50:26

Sorry Ron, just realised you had a second link. That was much more what I was after so thank you, although already now doing it in separate pieces.

Regards

25/03/2019 13:42:45

Thanks Ron, but I regard that as an easy one to cover and have no problems there. The Slow Poke on the other hand has a multitude of surfaces in all sorts of directions.

Am I doing it wrong thinking I can cover the whole top and sides of fuselage in one go? The problem is, with a rounded top there is no corner to hide any joins.

25/03/2019 13:22:39

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Must admit though I am struggling to find any good and useful videos showing an actual fuselage being covered from start to finish, including whether to use single piece over top and sides, how to work around the rear stab etc. so any links would be great thanks

Edited By Andy C on 25/03/2019 13:23:17

24/03/2019 20:42:37

I have recent times covered a couple of planes that I have built, so only naturally thought I would this evening cover the fuse of my slow poke with some nice fresh hobbyking red heat shrink film. Hmmmm, not easy is it when the fuselage isn't square. Would therefore appreciate some advise and / or links to helpful youtube videos please before I attempt it again.

Thanks

Thread: What's your rate limiting step?
22/03/2019 12:54:54

Sanding. I don't have the patience, but also no suitable place to do it other than outside meaning i'm then weather dependant! Not so easy when the best time to build is winter!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us