By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy C

Here is a list of all the postings Andy C has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Where do you keep yours?
18/10/2019 18:08:58
Posted by Stuart Z on 18/10/2019 17:55:10:

Andy

Recent discussion covered some aspects of this.
Personally, I use a Battbox

S

But where do you keep your batbox?

18/10/2019 16:47:45

I have 2 ammo boxes with lipos safety stored in them, but am becoming more paranoid about where to put them when not being charged, discharged or used as they gt older and my collection grows. I dont have a garage, and cant keep them in the house so up to now have kept them in my shed. But, there is lots if stuff in there i would hate to loose in a fire, so looking for another alternative. Would it be feasible to get a cheap garden storage container and put them in there away from any other building?

Thread: Balsacraft Limbo Dancer IC
30/09/2019 19:23:30

The model is the original balsacraft version, so I would imagine its heavier than its SLEC relation and therefore needs weight up front. Certainly when I tested the balance with the 40LA it appeared to be in need of some nose weight.

Just checked spare engines and the best option I probably have is an Enya SS40 2 stroke which I acquired last year in a job lot of stuff. It is carbless, but I have found an Enya one amongst the bits that fits so could be a match. I will clean the engine up later this week and see if I can get it running as a back up if I don't end up using the LA40.

29/09/2019 19:06:07

Ah ok thanks Denis.

Re the batteries, I have been led to believe that 5 cell was best approach for 2.4g radio, especially Spektrum.

29/09/2019 18:11:44

Well, thanks for all the replies. I have had a play this afternoon and think I can get the 5 cell battery (I use Spektrum) and the small receiver in just about.

However, I have now run into another problem....arrrgggg....

I planned on installing an OS LA40 that came with the plane, but having spent the last 24 hours trying to free the carb have managed to run it dry when boiling so melted the plastic fuel nipple. Having to now rethink what I do, as am not 100% confident of the engine (possible leak from body and also new bearings required) and so don't want to spend out on a new carb if the whole thing will cost me more than a decent second hand engine. I do have an old Enya 46 I suppose I could try in it. Only alternative is an OS25 but I assume will restrict what I can do with it.

28/09/2019 18:42:22

Interesting. I hadn't realised there was an expiry date on threads which I had to post before!!!!!!

Having been away, the plan was to wait till I returned, tried some ideas and thanked everyone at the same time as reporting back on the results. Think I may stick to that actually!

23/09/2019 17:09:23

Finishing off an old Limbo dancer to be my winter hack and looking for some help on how to fit the electronics please. Currently I cannot see a way of fitting a standard 5 cell receiver pack and the small fuel tank. Only possible location is strapped underneath the fuselage in between the undercarraige!!!! Or do I find a smaller 6v battery pack?

What have others done please?

Thread: Silhouette vinyl cutter files sharing
22/09/2019 15:39:33

I have had my silhouette Cameo Vinyl cutter for a few months now, and in that time cut solatrim for my built slow poke, some window etch film for decorating windows and also some card with the kids for making birthday cards etc.

I am always keen to make best use out of these things but sometimes lack imagination, so wondered if there was an appetite for sharing of ideas, files etc for those who have also used the cutter.

Thanks

Thread: Seagul EP PC-9 -Largest battery stories please
20/09/2019 11:29:49

Hmm, from the silence, I wonder whether everyone is using a standard 2200 battery or mayb no one flies one of these?

19/09/2019 19:17:25

I have a second hand Seagull EP PC-9 that I am now prepping for flight. Having tested CoG, I get a good balance from fitting a 3s 4000 battery on the tray and therefore wonder if anyone flies theirs with that size battery as opposed to the quoted 2200 - 3200?

Thanks

Thread: Southern Model Show 2019
09/09/2019 17:23:35

I went on Saturday. As a model show I thought it was the best one yet from recent years. Great variety that can only help attract more attendees in coming years. Flying was also good although I would like to see more large scale non warbird planes flying.

Was disappointed to see very few balsa kits there and some notable absences from trade stands. Shame no SLEC, and also thought a Sarik stand would have been great with both and maybe others presenting/promoting kit building to the audience.

All in all though I'm pleased I went.

Thread: Where to get Good RX switches from?
27/07/2019 21:30:28

I am slowly growing my IC fleet, and read a lot on here warning of poor and low quality switches for RXs. So, where should I buy decent ones from please?

Thread: My vintage Digifleet and futaba stuff on Ebay
19/06/2019 07:51:17

Feel free to Check it all out..........

My Ebay Sales

Regards

Thread: Extending Receiver NiMH 6V pack leads
17/06/2019 08:10:04

Thanks Frank. Understand now. yes

16/06/2019 22:38:31

Thanks Frank but what does that actually mean. Can a 5 cell NiMH receiver pack lead needing an additional 12" of wire be done with 22AWG?

16/06/2019 16:51:34

Thanks C.

Only options I have in my current spares are some twisted 22awg leads or some 14awg wire which I could solder in to extend. Will the 22awg be acceptable or should I order something in between 22 and 14?

16/06/2019 16:24:23

In a desperate attempt to minimise additional nose weight on my slow poke (it needs a lot!) I have moved the battery pack to just behind the engine and now need to extend the lead to reach the receiver. Initial thoughts was simply a 30cm servo extension lead, but now am wondering whether I would need to increase wire size for that distance. What are the rules on this please? Plane is running spektrum receiver and 5 standard size futaba servos.

Thread: Seagull E-Pioneer
30/05/2019 00:22:02

I wouldn't put a hatch cover on. All I did was use Velcro on battery and correspnding "shelf" to stop it slipping and effecting CoG and a couple of Velcro straps (superglued to keep from losing) around shelf and battery to stop it falling out. Works a dream.

Andy

Thread: My Veron Concord on Ebay finishing tonight
19/05/2019 12:44:06

My veron concord on ebay

Thread: My Digifleet transmitters on Ebay finishing today
19/05/2019 12:42:15

My Ebay sales

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us