By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy C

Here is a list of all the postings Andy C has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Printing of plans
17/09/2018 16:57:28

Started my build of my slow poke and want to get a copy of the plans printed so that I can worry less about destroying the original. I've already downloaded the pdf from outerzone. Anyway, came across netprinter.co.uk on line and wondered if there is any real life experience of them on this forum please?

Thanks

Thread: Mix and Match
17/09/2018 16:53:39

My understanding is that this is an issue with the insurance provided by the BMFA and that they (insurance or BMFA ?) cannot confirm in writing either way what their cover provides for. If that is the case it could be further reaching could it not?

Thread: Mass build 2019
31/08/2018 21:22:40

What about The Ohmen?

Thread: Cambrian Little Midge
29/08/2018 14:42:25

Same as mine. Confused me as well but went with it. I maidened mine before my holiday and it flew alright, although will wait next time till wind is less (was actually quite gusty).

The issue I have is the props seem to be really unbalanced and unless I am doing something wrong even some paint on one tip and sanding the other doesn.t fix it!

Andy

Thread: Standard AA battery charger
01/08/2018 22:26:36

Fantastic. Just bought one from 7dayshop.

yes

01/08/2018 20:48:58

Just wondered what everyone uses to charge their single AA NIMH 1.2v batteries as I need to buy a new one.

Thanks

Andy

26/07/2018 18:16:59

Well, unless I am totally loosing my marbles I have no X piece. Neither with the electronics kit (linked below) or as a pre-cut piece in the plane kit!

Electronics kit Cambrian supply....

**LINK**

26/07/2018 17:57:26

Well, spent the last couple of evenings building one of these. Just got to the motor mounting bit and am confused. Should there be an additional X piece that I screw the motor to first before then screwing that piece to the front of the plane. If not then this really is a pain!

Thanks

Thread: Mick Charles Models, Surrey closing down
25/07/2018 07:40:21

One could argue that without the availability of cheap products in our hobby there would be even less people taking it up and would be even closer to death.

Thread: Pro-Peak Sigma EQ Charger
24/07/2018 21:21:05

I've been offered the chance to purchase one of these from a club member. I currently run an Accucell 6 but want a 2nd charger for my Lipos to save a bit of time when prepping for a field visit. I appreciate they are a little old now but does anyone still run one or have any views on whether it is worth getting. I think it is unused.

Link here **LINK**

Thanks

Thread: Avicraft Panic - Plans & CofG?
12/07/2018 20:52:09

Thanks Broken Prop.

Cheers Denis. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what it ends up with.

12/07/2018 17:54:32

What no one? I can believe these are not popular enough to still have some proud owners!

11/07/2018 18:22:11

I picked up a panic cheap from one of my clubs last year and have a chance this weekend to hopefully get it in the air. I don't know anything of its history, or which version it is other than it has foam wings and so I guess an earlier model. Engine is an Irvine 46.

Does anyone have an electronic version of the plans for these, and / or details of where the Centre of Gravity should be please

Thanks

09/07/2018 19:29:13

Dennis, (& others)

Any thoughts on my above post please?

Thanks

Thread: World Cup 2018
03/07/2018 21:59:34
Posted by Ron Gray on 03/07/2018 21:57:26:

I’m flying tomorrow and am now going to take my Hawker Harrycane!

LOL laugh laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

28/06/2018 15:08:36

Thanks Denis.

Having looked online Cambrian dont have any motors in stock, and I need to do a Hobbyking order from their European warehouse anyway so thinking that their Turnigy 1811 2900kv might be as close as I am going to get to the recommended C10 2900kv. Difference seems to be the odd mm in size. I guess a 6Amp or (10amp?) ESC will also be ok. Going to opt for their digital MX-96E servos.

Is it just me or was it easier in the old days of IC only and limited to what ever the LHS had in stock? I dont have a clue now!

Edited By Andy C on 28/06/2018 15:09:12

Edited By Andy C on 28/06/2018 15:27:59

27/06/2018 22:56:43

Thanks Denis. What prop do you have up front? I am guessing a folding prop is worth using?

26/06/2018 16:45:11

What, no one???

25/06/2018 09:44:07

Picked a couple of these kits up at the show on Saturday to build with my Daughter. Just wondered if anyone else has built and flown and any advice on the build or on hardware choice etc?

Thanks

Thread: Wings & Wheels at North Weald Essex
25/06/2018 07:50:20

Had a great day on Saturday. Family even enjoyed it. I must admit I didn't have a problem with the commentary. I also didn't have a problem with what was being flown. If I want to see planes I can afford to fly I can go the my local club field.

Only real improvements I think could be:

1. More exciting flying such as fireworks for the warbirds similar to Southern Model Show

2. A bit more unusual stuff such as the fast voodoo.

3. A display team of 2 or more planes flying close together

4. better toilets (cabin as opposed to individual portaloo style units)

Would also be nice to see more traders offering better prices, but I guess the availability of online prices means we have that all the time now days. Not sure if pitch prices also contributes but I did hear one trader reference the price he paid meaning he has a lot of work to do to make it back.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!