By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Keith Sharples

Here is a list of all the postings Keith Sharples has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Cutting an image out of gimp
02/12/2018 19:54:00

Hi Erflog. If your stuck, happy to help, I'm a retired professional photographer, still using Photoshop CC, photography is still my second favorite hobby. Any guesses which is my first????smiley. Pm me if you want me to help.

Thread: New field needed urgently!!!
01/12/2018 22:15:19

The club I'm in have membership of £84 inc insurance per year. We are on a farm field and rent the electric fenced patch for £365 a year, the farmer uses the rest of the field on and off with cows as it's a dairy farm. The down side is we have 6 members so as you can equate the membership does not cover the field rent. The main founder members make up the short fall themselves as they felt if the fee was increased it would loose the ordinary members and finish the club. We how have a bit of a drive on the go for a few more members.

Thread: Club Website?
01/12/2018 19:19:59
Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 01/12/2018 18:44:27:
Posted by Keith Sharples on 01/12/2018 17:05:00:

Anyone know how long it takes for the BMFA to sort a web site hosted by the BMFA obviously. The reason is I emailed the BMFA web master all the necessary info to start the process on the 26th and heard nothing back yet.

Hi keith

Its on the list and I do have a bit of a backlog, hopwfully will have any outstanding ones sorted this coming week,

Cheers

Simon ping me an email and we will eb able to get you up and running reasonably quickly

Hi Andy.

Thanks for the update, I wasn't complaining just wondering if anyone knew how long it tooksmiley

Keith

01/12/2018 17:05:00

Anyone know how long it takes for the BMFA to sort a web site hosted by the BMFA obviously. The reason is I emailed the BMFA web master all the necessary info to start the process on the 26th and heard nothing back yet.

Thread: BMFA SUBS
27/11/2018 21:59:03
Posted by Steve J on 27/11/2018 21:48:24:
Posted by Keith Sharples on 27/11/2018 20:58:23:

find other insurance for probably more money without benefits

FPVUK £19.99.

Steve

How many clubs recognise and accept that insurance? Also most clubs are affiliated to the BMFA, for affiliation you need 6 members or more. If members migrate to the FPVUK insurance all of a sudden no affilation and loose the benifits and backup and clout of the BMFA......................end of the club!

Edited By Keith Sharples on 27/11/2018 21:59:54

27/11/2018 20:58:23

Moan moan, it's £4 for christs sake thats 1p per day!!!!!! Either pay it and get the insurance, mag and benefits or find other insurance for probably more money without benefits, thats your choice whats the point of moaning about it. I didn't give it a thought, just paid it as ITS A GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!

Thread: Crash investigation - taken ages to find the cause
11/11/2018 20:33:39

Hi Peter. With the diesel heater I would suggest that you put it inside a muffler box, make some form of box which will deaden the sound of the heater running as they can be quite noisey but please make sure there is a large air gap all around the heater as well as ventilation to allow any build up of heat from the heater casing to vent out of the box. With the heater inside the box, then use foil lined ducting on the air input and heated air output directing the output duct to where you want it. Also make sure the heaters exhaust pipe is vented and sealed to run outside your shed, you don't want the shed to fill with fumes!!. Really follow the heater fitting instructions and use common sense and you shoudn't go wrong. I used to fit loads of these when I was in the caravan and motorhome industry.

K

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special
21/10/2018 20:11:57

Hi Erfolg.

I have just ordered one of these from Hobby King, they are in stock in the uk Link

I did look at the FMS one from banggood but this came back into stock with HK sooner.

Edited By Keith Sharples on 21/10/2018 20:14:38

15/10/2018 22:19:56

Thanks Ken. It's rated as up to 300g thrust, the plan suggests 380g thrust so I think I'll have to wait for the AEO or FMS to come into stock somewhere.

15/10/2018 17:53:22
Posted by Keith Sharples on 14/10/2018 22:31:00:

I'm having a devil of a job finding 50mm edfs unit in the UK. The AEO and FMS are like rocking horse poo. Has the entire UK gone mad building these planes? I will have to sit tight and wait for stock to return ...........hopefully! Unless someone knows where some stock is hidden???

Edited By Keith Sharples on 14/10/2018 22:32:34

Re posting, Anyone know where I can get a 50mm edf unit.

14/10/2018 22:31:00

I'm having a devil of a job finding 50mm edfs unit in the UK. The AEO and FMS are like rocking horse poo. Has the entire UK gone mad building these planes? I will have to sit tight and wait for stock to return ...........hopefully! Unless someone knows where some stock is hidden???

Edited By Keith Sharples on 14/10/2018 22:32:34

Thread: BMFA Website down...?
19/09/2018 17:58:26

No prob with me, Windows 10 and Firefox.

Thread: Order mistake
12/09/2018 18:37:05

Hi Fly Boy.

Sorry to say the ARTF comes as the air frame only, no servos, motor, esc, etc of you paid £55 plus postage thats the case. The PNF comes with everything and costs £65 plus postage so a good deal to get all the hardware with it. As a suggestion of what to do, see what the PNF comes with on the HK web site, size of motor, size of servos, size of esc etc and source alternatives (HK don't seem to have as spares the bits you need in the UK). Alternatively see if HK will take this back if you order a PNF version. Another idea is sell the ARTF on ebay/at your club and order the PNF version.

Hope you sort it K

Thread: lead weghts
05/09/2018 23:01:50

Another vote for stick on car tyre balance weights, work brilliantly.

Thread: Much Marcle LMA Show
01/09/2018 19:16:16

Hi Cymaz. Couldn't make it today so going tomorrow (Sunday) it's 1/2hr down the road so silly not to.

Thread: Lipo charging
01/09/2018 17:08:42

Hi Dave. That sounds perfect to me. All my 3s lipos charge to approx 98-99% every time which is the norm. The accepted max charge level is listed as 12.65V which is 100% so your 12.56v is correct. The lecy techies on here will no doubt have more info for you.

Keith

Thread: NEW Durafly Tundra
26/08/2018 14:55:04

My Tundra motor which came with it as PNF is mounted direct to the plastic mount with a star mount as Andyh link.

I love my tundra and have some great fun with it, I wouldn't be without it.

Hope you get yours up ok and have equal fun.

PS watch those barn door flaps though!!!!! keep high until you understand what they do. Nothing worse than on the base leg and you drop them then it does a loop of it's own accord when you weren't expecting it!

Thread: Lemon and Spektrum RX's
26/08/2018 14:44:52

Ok calm down everyonesmiley. Ikura I think David Davis was making a comment thats all, as in it's still going strong after some time with no problems.

Steve Js point about having diversity antenna (2 at 90 degrees of each other, 1 in the sticky up twig and the other in the rear handle) on the DX8 gen 2 and DX9 is very valid re transmission and of course the reception at the model end. It may be some of Chris Walby's problem having only 1 in the sticky up twig thingdont know?

25/08/2018 22:29:30

I use a lot of lemon with and with out satellite's with a Spektrum DX8 Gen 2 . I have had no problems at all. I have noticed with the model on the deck and walking 30 meters all is well, get towards 40 and it starts to break up (to be expected I suppose). I know there was some problems with the DX8 gen 1 but I'm not sure what. It know it was all sorted in the Gen 2.

Thread: Which Radio Gear?
21/08/2018 22:27:23

Hi Roger.

I came back to the hobby 18 months ago, still had my old JR 35mhz radio which I used initially. I was very quicky struck on how things have changed and 2.4ghz is now the norm. I bought a secondhand Spektrum DX8 gen2 and WOW what a difference. model memory, mixing, ease of use, voice warnings etc etc (to much to mention). Needless to say I have not looked back. Word of warning if you get a Spektrum Transmitter, watch out for the DSM2 and DSMX situation, read up about it and decide. I still have my 35Meg stuff which I intend to stil use some day!

Most of all enjoy the hobby. I'm 65, retired and loving it.

Edited By Keith Sharples on 21/08/2018 22:28:35

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
Motion RC
Expo Tools 14 July
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us