By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Keith Sharples

Here is a list of all the postings Keith Sharples has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Need help to identify plants
18/06/2019 12:30:54

Hi Erflog. They look like Snap Dragons to me, sorry don't know the botanical name. What sort of garden centre do you have in your neck of the woods with incorrect labelssurprise. They are interesting, if you watch a bee after nectar they crawl inside and the flower kind of snaps shut allowing the flower to deposit pollen on the bee. It dosen't harm the bee at all and they crawl out when they have had enough and move on.

Edited By Keith Sharples on 18/06/2019 12:34:20

Thread: Does your club prohibit the use of after-market receivers?
20/03/2019 17:08:28

No ban at the club I'm a member of. I fly mostly (approx 85%) with lemon receivers and had no problems at all.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
22/02/2019 17:48:36

A bit of care what you say, they may well be on here!!

Besides you have pictures to go by if you like what you see go for it! The comment about the wing not fitting, quite often sellers just place the plane together not fix it together for the pictures. I have bought a few from ebay with NO PROBLEMS. Sometimes people are to quick to judge.

Thread: Transfer Models DX8 Gen2 to DX9
19/02/2019 20:00:04

Thanks Steve and Speedster. When the DX9 arrives I'll give it a go.

18/02/2019 21:54:38

Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer models from a Spektrum DX8 Gen2 memory to a DX9 memory. I know DX9 to DX9 is possible, the instruction manual says how to do it but not what is and is not compatable.

Thanks in advance

Thread: Mini/micro lathe
14/02/2019 21:50:15

Tom.

It's never to late for anything, you have one life, fill it with what ever makes you happy, get one and enjoy! Just do it safelysmiley

Edited By Keith Sharples on 14/02/2019 21:50:47

Edited By Keith Sharples on 14/02/2019 21:52:11

Thread: Broken Rudder
13/02/2019 20:11:23

It bonds well, make sure surfaces are clean as per usual. I have a Tundra but not used the tape on it. I have used it on a foamy called Critical Mass. After a bad landing one of the ailerons had parted company, a strip of Blenderm either side of the hinge line and no problems since, as in the plane is ok.......... my flying !! thats debatable!

13/02/2019 16:53:48

I second Blenderm tape, Link

Thread: Whistle for EDF ?
06/02/2019 16:38:46

Hi Tigerman.

Some use a whistle from a Nerf Howler toy, it looks like a dart/ bomb thing, kind of a rugby ball with dart flights attached, cost is about £10 each, Argos have them as do other reputable outlets. This link is with 3 in a FMS Avanti on utube, It sounds great but it makes it a bit expensive. Hope it helps

Edited By Keith Sharples on 06/02/2019 16:43:46

Edited By Keith Sharples on 06/02/2019 16:45:29

Thread: I Charger + blue smoke = bin
30/01/2019 18:33:35

What about this it will charge 4 lipos at the same time 4 x 100watt output, mains powered,  £144.00p Link to web site. Link

G.T. Power X4 Pro Quad
4x 100W Output (Dual Input), Fully Featured Digital Intelligent Multifunctional Balancing Charger/Discharger/Cycler
LiPo, Li-lo, Li-Fe (A123M1), Li-HV
Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Pb (Lead Acid)

Edited By Keith Sharples on 30/01/2019 18:34:14

Thread: Any BT or similar engineers out there
07/01/2019 23:09:05

Use social media, facebook and the like. Find there page and post on it , how much paid, how long been waiting, if you have been palmed off with fixed by times etc etc. It usually works, most companies don't like their dirty washing being aired on social media. My wife and I have done it a few times and what ever the problem is it's usually quickly resolved.

Thread: Do You fly Drones? An opportunity to explain why
06/01/2019 18:12:40

I have become selective on what and how I post on here, there is always a number who like to shoot you down for what ever reason, sometime it's scary how far some actually go with there comments. A model forum is what it says on the tin, a forum for modelers to help and advise each other about modeling. Keep it as thatsmiley

Thread: Dave Burton (BEB)
31/12/2018 19:22:50

My sincere condolences to Daves' family. Fly to infinity and beyond BEB.

Thread: Cutting an image out of gimp
02/12/2018 19:54:00

Hi Erflog. If your stuck, happy to help, I'm a retired professional photographer, still using Photoshop CC, photography is still my second favorite hobby. Any guesses which is my first????smiley. Pm me if you want me to help.

Thread: New field needed urgently!!!
01/12/2018 22:15:19

The club I'm in have membership of £84 inc insurance per year. We are on a farm field and rent the electric fenced patch for £365 a year, the farmer uses the rest of the field on and off with cows as it's a dairy farm. The down side is we have 6 members so as you can equate the membership does not cover the field rent. The main founder members make up the short fall themselves as they felt if the fee was increased it would loose the ordinary members and finish the club. We how have a bit of a drive on the go for a few more members.

Thread: Club Website?
01/12/2018 19:19:59
Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 01/12/2018 18:44:27:
Posted by Keith Sharples on 01/12/2018 17:05:00:

Anyone know how long it takes for the BMFA to sort a web site hosted by the BMFA obviously. The reason is I emailed the BMFA web master all the necessary info to start the process on the 26th and heard nothing back yet.

Hi keith

Its on the list and I do have a bit of a backlog, hopwfully will have any outstanding ones sorted this coming week,

Cheers

Simon ping me an email and we will eb able to get you up and running reasonably quickly

Hi Andy.

Thanks for the update, I wasn't complaining just wondering if anyone knew how long it tooksmiley

Keith

01/12/2018 17:05:00

Anyone know how long it takes for the BMFA to sort a web site hosted by the BMFA obviously. The reason is I emailed the BMFA web master all the necessary info to start the process on the 26th and heard nothing back yet.

Thread: BMFA SUBS
27/11/2018 21:59:03
Posted by Steve J on 27/11/2018 21:48:24:
Posted by Keith Sharples on 27/11/2018 20:58:23:

find other insurance for probably more money without benefits

FPVUK £19.99.

Steve

How many clubs recognise and accept that insurance? Also most clubs are affiliated to the BMFA, for affiliation you need 6 members or more. If members migrate to the FPVUK insurance all of a sudden no affilation and loose the benifits and backup and clout of the BMFA......................end of the club!

Edited By Keith Sharples on 27/11/2018 21:59:54

27/11/2018 20:58:23

Moan moan, it's £4 for christs sake thats 1p per day!!!!!! Either pay it and get the insurance, mag and benefits or find other insurance for probably more money without benefits, thats your choice whats the point of moaning about it. I didn't give it a thought, just paid it as ITS A GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!

Thread: Crash investigation - taken ages to find the cause
11/11/2018 20:33:39

Hi Peter. With the diesel heater I would suggest that you put it inside a muffler box, make some form of box which will deaden the sound of the heater running as they can be quite noisey but please make sure there is a large air gap all around the heater as well as ventilation to allow any build up of heat from the heater casing to vent out of the box. With the heater inside the box, then use foil lined ducting on the air input and heated air output directing the output duct to where you want it. Also make sure the heaters exhaust pipe is vented and sealed to run outside your shed, you don't want the shed to fill with fumes!!. Really follow the heater fitting instructions and use common sense and you shoudn't go wrong. I used to fit loads of these when I was in the caravan and motorhome industry.

K

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Motion RC
Revoc
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us