By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for tigerman

Here is a list of all the postings tigerman has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25/03/2020 16:12:42

At last the weather has improved ,great for flying now after 3 months of bad weather .DOH! we are now in lock down so still can not fly cryingcryingcryingsad

Thread: MOT.
25/03/2020 16:10:11

That is good news .My motorcycle is due for an MOT on the 10/4/2020 .That means I do not need to MOT my motorcycle ,the bad news is I can not ride the motorcycle due to the lock down DOH! crying

Thread: Can I or can I not fly?
24/03/2020 09:13:18

That is what I thought and really knew but was hoping .It is quite clear really simple STAY AT HOME. Don't know why I ask the question .Doh !!!!!!crying

24/03/2020 09:02:53

I am totally confused .Just received an e-mail from club saying the Flying field is open but to use common sense if you go .Going by what Boris said I am not sure if I can go flying or not .If I go and no one is at the field can I fly or not .I understand you can not have a gathering of people and agree with that but if you go and no one is there what is the postion there

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
21/03/2020 09:11:58

"IT LIFE JIM BUT NOT HAS WE KNOW IT ".What a complete mess and now they tell us it will last for 12 months sad

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
14/03/2020 15:18:55

Don't panic Captain Mannering ,don't panic

Thread: Is this weather ever going to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22/02/2020 16:07:28

Need a Sharman or witchdoctor to do a weather dance .This weather will just not give up .I am going crazy here in the UK .No flying now for 3 weeks and no sign of this weather improving .Never know such a long period with out a break in this windy/rain weather .Might have to look for a new hobby angryangrycrying

Thread: Perfact day for a maiden but............
16/02/2020 15:55:14

Blimey where does Steve live .Like Paul I have hardly flown this year with all these storms, fog and God knows what else .I have a model to maiden and I can not see and end to all this crap weather .Next week is bad again

Thread: So what is the FAA trying to do in the USA ?
15/02/2020 14:50:20

Thanks Steve .From what I read there it not a lot different to what has happen here .So no worries .I am more concerned about this weather ,storm after storm then when the wind does die down for a day it is foggy sad

15/02/2020 14:32:19

Everyone keeps telling me the doom and gloom of what the FAA are trying to do to model flying in the USA and how it is only a matter of time before it becomes inforced over here but when I ask them what is happening in the USA everyone does not know exactly but just says it is not good .So can someone enlighten me on what they are planning to do in the USA regarding model flying that is so bad ?.It was all doom and gloom over here about the registration but turn out not to be the end of model flying .Thanks to the BMFA .So should we be worried about all this stuff in the USA ? What ever it is

Thread: C.A.A registration via the BMFA
07/02/2020 20:59:45

OK Thanks for that Frank .Good to know that I am still flying legally then ,mind you with the weather we have had since Christmas I have not been flying much this year and the forecast is not good for the next week crying

07/02/2020 20:38:03

Forgive me if this has already been asked or posted before .I have register with the CAA via renewing my BMFA membership .Can someone remind me when we will receive our registration number from the BMFA . Am I right in thinking it is the end of this month and am right in thinking that because I have reg via the BMFA ( I have a B certificate so did not have to take the CAA test ) I am still all legal with the CAA ?

Thread: C.A.A Reg number ,inside or outside ????
08/12/2019 15:25:04

Looks like I will have to find one off those little printers we had at school where you turn the dial and stamp out a label on a plastic strip which you then stuck on your books etc .I presume W H Smith or the like still do these label printers machines ?.Then stick the labels on the inside of the fuselages . Can not do it yet because I have not received my reg number but I think the BMFA are going to send them out the end of January . So now I have registered and paid my £9 + BMFA fees I am now legal again .smileyyes

Edited By tigerman on 08/12/2019 15:25:50

07/12/2019 15:17:40

Thanks Steve

07/12/2019 15:04:34

Sorry if this has been answear somewhere in this forum but there is so much written about this I do not know where to look .Question ,if anyone knows , The C.A.A registration number you are given when you register with the C.A.A / BMFA .Can anyone give me the official ruling on where this reg number should go ( I know where I would like to put it but I will not go there ) Some say you can put it in the inside of the fuse others say it has to be on the outside of the model ( that will inherence my scale models no end a 3 mm number written right across the fuselarge / wing !!!!!!!!!!!!. I was thinking of putting the reg number on all of my lipos but not sure if that will be legal ,in fact this is the problem what is legal and what is not and is anyone going to police this almighty mess !!!!!!!!!!!angry

Thread: Hobby King Again Rrrrrrrrrr
17/11/2019 19:15:51

Strange but true .Can anyone explain this with Hobby King .I took Outrunners advice .I really find those Zippy lipo really good and a price I like ( I have a Admiral Pro 6000 Lipo at £99 and put it up against the Zippy 6200 at £69 and in my opinion the Zippy performed better )Any how Why does it cost £18 postage from Hobby King to post a 6200 lipo from the UK and like Outrunner surgested it free from the Europe Warehouse ????.Not complaining ( just save myself £18 ,thanks Outrunner )just order from the European Warehouse .Do not know if this is true ,most properly not but I have been told the Hobby King Warehouse will no longer ship the 6200 from the UK due to the dangerous good act ,you will have to go via the European warehouse .Suit me at free postage Strange if it is true it still has to be delivered by a UK courier !!!!!

Thread: Let down by FMS again
17/11/2019 19:02:03

Good news on that front .CML are sending me a replacement retract for the P51 Mustang and a kind person has sent me a retract for my discontinued P 47 which he crashed and has no longer and use for the retract smileyyes

14/11/2019 12:00:53

After moaning about FMS and the discontinued retract .CML Models have come to the rescue and given me an alternative retract that will fit .Thanks CML Models

14/11/2019 10:07:26

Come on FMS what are you playing at .About 4 years ago I brought a FMS P47 after about a year I broke one of the retract .Tried to get a spare retract only to be told the model and it's spares where discontinued .So I have had a FMS P47 sat in my loft due because there no more spares for it . Now I have just brought a FMS Red Tail Mustang ,which I believe it relatively new model and again I need a retract for it .Yes the spare for the Red Tail Mustang are discontinued and not avaliable anymore .So I now have 2 FMS Model unflyable because of lack of spare parts .If you a thinking about buying a model but not sure which one to buy ,ie FMS or Freewing ,I would stick with Freewing there spares are easy to come by where has FMS seem to discontinue there spare quickly .So if you are thinking of buying a certain model and FMS do that model and also Flightline/Freewing do the same model Just think about it .In my case if I had brought the Flightline Red Tail Mustang the spares are still avaliable but FMS are not What really annoys me is that FMS are still selling the Red Tail Mustang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but there are no spares any more .Anyone want to buy a FMS Red Tail Mustang with no retracts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: Hobby king delivery charges
14/11/2019 09:50:31

I paid £18 delivery charges for some Lipo and never did receive them .Will not touch Hobby King with a barge poll

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us