By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for tigerman

Here is a list of all the postings tigerman has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: This really makes me mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20/09/2020 08:47:59

It has happened again and it makes me so mad .Order an item from a model shop online .It stated " In Stock " after a week no parcel had arrived .The Model Shop took my money the day I order the item . I contacted  the model shop to find out what was happening and was told it was out of stock and they where waiting for new stock to arrive .I ask how long would that be and the model shop said they did not know .I then ask why they took the money out the day I order it knowing it was out of stock even though there web site showed it in stock and the just said that was the shop policy . So I told them to refund my money and I would never use that model shop again and that was my policy .It seems to me these are the tricks some model shop are going to get your orders. I have reorder this item from a different model shop .Who have assured me it is in stock and will be dispatched that day and it was .Why do some model shop just tell you it is out of stock and not try and conn you into keeping that order even when they no it is out of stock and do not know when it will be in stock again .GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited By tigerman on 20/09/2020 08:52:59

Thread: Petrol or Glow?
17/09/2020 13:07:05

Forget Petrol ,get a Laser 180 four stroke .I was in the same mind has you I was persuaded with my Wots Wot XL to go for the Laser 180 and that is what I put in my Wots Wot XL .Sounds great ,more then enough power and oh so reliable .Go with the Laser 180 you will not regret it

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
16/09/2020 15:19:00

Martin I brought my 14X6 wooden Prop from " The Prop Guy " .It is £10.60 + £8 postage but the prop is a really good quality prop

15/09/2020 16:33:37

I have Seagull Gypsy Moth power by a Laser 80 I have a APC 14X7 prop on it but want to go for a more scale look and fit a wooden prop .I can only find a 14X6 wooden prop which I think will be fine but just wonder if I would notice any difference in the flying going from a 14X7 to a 14X6 prop .Any with a technical brain out there explain to me what the difference ,if any there would be flying a 14X7 prop to a 14X6 prop

Thread: Laser 80 - what would YOU build for it....?
11/09/2020 14:36:59

Can confirm Scott I put my Laser in a Wots Wot and it is a perfect comb .The Wots Wot just loves the the Laser 80 it fly slow or you can open her up a boy does she go

Thread: Cheap or good Quality Lipos ???
21/07/2020 11:28:13

Interesting .I must admit I think most of you are right ,just because one make of lipo is more expensive does not mean it is better quality .I have been using the Zippy battery from Hobby King and they are just as good has the expensive lipo ,mind you I have yet to find out what the Zippy battery is like after a period of time but has you can get 2 Zippies for the price of one more expensive lipo.If you add the life of two zippies you are more then likely getting more flying time with the 2 Zippies .Conclusion for me then is I will stick with the Hobby King Zippy battery

Thanks everyone for your input

20/07/2020 22:16:28

Trying to make my mind if you are better buying cheap lipo from say Hobby King ( I not knocking Hobby King ,I have had good lipo from Hobby King ) or buy more expensive lipos .An example is you can almost buy 2 Zippy 4c lipos from HobbyKing or one 4c lipo from Motion RC ( Admiral pro Lipo ) I have brought the Admiral pro from Motion RC and they are excellent lipos and are performing really well and are lasting with out any problems ,but I could of brought 2 4c lipo from Hobby King for the same price So what the verdict buying 1 good quality lipo that last and performs great or have 2 cheaper lipo for the same price I think with out doubt the Admiral pro lipo are the better battery but are they better then 2 Zippies from Hobby King ? Be intersted to find out what people think is the best option overall

Thread: HobbyKing ,AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
02/07/2020 13:06:43

Never been a lover of Hobby King .In my opionion the only good thing to come out of Hobby King is the Durafly Vampire .Just tried to order one and they are out of Stock ,no surprise there ,most thing are out of stock after Lock Down ,I then tried to alert me when back in stock and all I kept getting was I had done an illegal act .Do Hobby King what people to buy from them or do they just like making life difficult for everyone that want to buy from there so called web site. I gave up and brought a model from FMS .No problem there

Thread: Need a new fuel pump (glow fuel)
13/06/2020 18:21:54

I been using the hand fuel pump from Just Engines .It is a good reliable pump .You will have no problems with the Just Engine pump .It is also a quick fill pump to

Thread: Blackhorse ARTF ????
04/06/2020 16:42:35

Thanks Bob .Just check out 1001 Models and they want over £700 for it .Contacted Sussex Models and they will do one for £623 and they where due to have a delivery from Black Horse in July .Mind you they did say with the corona virus and lock down it might be a bit longer but they are due in at some point .Thanks very much Bob for helping me out it was good of you

03/06/2020 16:41:27

Never thought of that Robin .I will do that .Thanks for your advice

03/06/2020 15:05:56

You say Black Horse Models are alive .Mmmm I have tried every where to find the Black Horse Wilga but every where it is "Out Of Stock " has all the Black Horse Kits are.As I said I have noticed a lot of the main hobby shop are longer showing Black Horse model .Something is not right with Black Horse and it has been like this way before the Lock Down in China ???? I suspect Black Horse are no more crying. I was told that Motion RC where selling Black Horse Kits but Motion RC Europe have no mention of Black Horse Kits

02/06/2020 15:25:25

Hi Jon I did what you surgested about leaning the slow running needle more and BINGO .the Laser 80 runs has sweet has a nut again At low rev middle range and at full chat .Thanks

Thread: Blackhorse ARTF ????
31/05/2020 17:20:11

It seems hard to find the Black Horse ARTF kits in stock anywhere and I have also noticed a lot of the model shops do not even stock them anymore .Have Black Horse model finished ?

Thread: Test
30/05/2020 12:12:33

Tried to put a video but failed again .Watch in you tube how to do it but all the video think you are an expert before you start .Gave up 

Edited By tigerman on 30/05/2020 12:17:59

Edited By tigerman on 30/05/2020 12:18:29

Thread: Test
29/05/2020 13:24:25
Trying to put a video up but with no luck I give up 

Edited By tigerman on 29/05/2020 13:29:00

Edited By tigerman on 29/05/2020 13:29:34

Edited By tigerman on 29/05/2020 13:30:05

29/05/2020 13:06:16

Hi Jon ,

Tried to down load the video but failed .It would not download into my album so I could not post it .It was only a few seconds long .Do not know what went wrong

Thread: Can not log in
22/05/2020 20:47:48

Try that still will not recognise the password .Try to get a new password via email but still can not log in .He must be block .Never mind it not the end of the world

22/05/2020 20:26:28

My brother is having log in problems .It recognises he's e mail adress but not he's password .When he try to change he's password ,he receives a new password in he's e mail but it will not recognise the new password .Has he been block from using the forum .There is no way of contacting anyone to find out what the problem is

22/05/2020 16:43:49

I was going to ring Jon but I do not want to keep bothering him ,he is a busy man but I am sure he will reply on this forum in good time

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!