By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stephen Smith 14

Here is a list of all the postings Stephen Smith 14 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Range check and signal loss
29/05/2017 18:02:26

There are many threads both on here and many other forums with regards to loss of signal and poor range.

Incorrect RX aerial orientation, signal shielding, TX aerial pointing in the wrong direction, poor battery voltage, to much water in your body, looks like it might be about to rain, the list is endless. There is just one factor common in all these threads, sure deep down your not that blind or daft you can't work it out.

Come on wake up.

On a brighter note I have never had a free repair on a Sanwa JR or Futaba radio, the only brand I have had a free repair on (several times) I would never use again, and there it is again that common factor.

Thread: Simplify 3D
19/04/2017 20:26:00

I have used both makerbot desktop and simplify 3D and to be honest makerbot is much quicker and easier, but I use a wanhao which is a makerbot clone

Thread: Bought a trainer where to fly ?
19/04/2017 20:20:02

Try your local model shop if you have one.

Thread: Summer's almost here: Preparing your models....
19/04/2017 20:18:27

suppose it depends how many models you have, with over thirty supposedly ready there is always something to do

Thread: model stand reccomendation
19/04/2017 20:16:44

Best stand ever Greatmate, wish I could find one.

Thread: Is there a problem with the DX6
19/04/2017 20:15:31

Best cure I found for problems with Spektrum gear was Hitec

Thread: The BPC
10/03/2017 18:56:16
Posted by Martin Harris on 10/03/2017 13:57:45:

at least up to 7kg and more, should clubs not require a B certificate.

Why its an achievement NOT A TEST? Perhaps if a club needs something they should come up with something suitable for there club and stop excluding good flyers that have never done an A or a B.

Thread: Identification help
10/03/2017 18:51:28

Its for a model plane.

Thread: Phoenix Model Flying Club Micklebring
05/03/2017 12:51:51

Link to our web site if there is anyone interested in joining a friendly club in South Yorkshire.

http://phoenixmfc.bmfa.org/

Edited By Stephen Smith 14 on 05/03/2017 12:52:33

Thread: Small flying club South Yorkshire
19/02/2017 19:38:43

Small friendly flying club based close to junction 1 M18 has vacancies for 2 or 3 new members. Conveniently located for Sheffield Rotherham and Doncaster. New field with great all year round access, heated club house, and no obstruction..

Have a look at our new web site not finished yet but will give you an idea.

**LINK**

Thread: SkyRC Engine Heater
28/01/2017 20:36:13

Absolute waste of money

Thread: LMA v BMFA insurance
22/01/2017 22:23:53

Can't read

22/01/2017 22:20:22

Don't get it, read most of this thread that started as a bmfa vs LMA insurance and has deteriorated into a let's belittle the bmfa. Perhaps the negatives could go and start there own club, association or what ever sort there own insurance and stand up for there hobby at local national and international leval, after all no ones holding a gun to your heads, then perhaps they would be to busy to post on this thread and it could get back to what the title says

Edited By Stephen Smith 14 on 22/01/2017 22:21:21

Edited By Stephen Smith 14 on 22/01/2017 22:22:15

Edited By Stephen Smith 14 on 22/01/2017 22:23:25

Thread: Wanhao i3 Duplicator V2
14/01/2017 10:59:41

Light spray of 3D lac on the glass bed (just a mist) set bed temp to 60 for pla or 100 for abs the print will stick solid and won't move, when the print is finished and the bed cools you will hear a ping and the print will lift of like magic. Never had a problem with prints moving or not coming off using this method with 3D lac.

Thread: Most visible coverings and patterns
12/01/2017 17:48:55

Florescent pink.

Thread: Original Prusa i3 Mk 2 kit
30/12/2016 22:06:33

Looks expensive for what you get. Take a look at technology outlet where you can buy a similar printer for about a third of the price and get it early next week. Helpful knowlagabe people as well. Or if that's your budget take a look at the Wanhao D4S or possibly a Flashforge.

I have had the Wanhao for about a year now never missed a beat. Duel extruders heated bed and fully enclosed, so you can print most materials.

Down load makerbot desktop (free) search thingyverse straight from makerbot download it to an SD card and print, simples.

I have an original copy of Solid works, all paid for, but rarely use it as there is that much out there.

My advice for what it's worth cancel your order and take a look at technology outlet, and they keep spares in stock, and are also available from a few places in the UK.

Edited By Stephen Smith 14 on 30/12/2016 22:07:02

Thread: Looking to buy an E-Flite S 15e as a first timer (in Doncaster)
28/12/2016 17:49:42

Take a look at this link **LINK** we have just moved here. Not currently showing on the BMFA club finder as when we moved here a couple of months ago our club disappeared but didn't reappear with the new location, have spoken to the BMFA today to try and get them to correct it rather than remove us.

Great place to fly with virtually no restrictions, good helpful people, drive up to the strip (no carrying your stuff miles), limited membership so you are never waiting to fly, and we will teach you to fly. Welcome to come and have a go with the club trainer before you spend anything.

We also have a container with comfortable seating windows heating and full cooking facilities. Come and fly all day keep warm and cook your lunch and drink tea.

Just one last thing, you will need a sense of humour.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!