By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stephen Smith 14

Here is a list of all the postings Stephen Smith 14 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
14/03/2020 19:57:52

A previous scare multipled by the media

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/21/pandemic.warning

13/03/2020 12:53:07

Closing the flying field is stupid, reading face book and thinking its gospel stupid, this is flu which has always killed people. Carry on with your life and stop listening to the scare mongers in the press and social media, this has just replaced brexit or there would be nothing to report on.

If your scared stop at home cuddling your multi pack of toilet roll sat on you sack of dried pasta.

Our field won't be closing and our activity will remain unchanged, as will mine

Thread: Hobbyking Film
09/03/2020 20:07:22

The reason the rapid rc film looks like hobby King film is because it is, they buy it from hobby King along with lots of the stuff they sell. If you don't beleave me ask them they will confirm it.

I have no problem with buying from rapid rc at the end of the day there a business which needs to make profit, if they have the goods and I need or want it I have to pay the price.

I have no connection with rapid just a happy customer, and there service good with quick dispatch and sensible postage cost.

Thread: 1200 for 1/18 Spit!
25/02/2020 20:38:39

There reviews look excellent

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hachettepartworks.com

Thread: Loads must go
22/02/2020 21:43:31

I'm posting this with a heavy heart...

As much as I love model-flying it takes up too much of my time and I am struggling to keep up with the everyday basics such as cleaning and maintaining my home, so something has to give. I will be re-homing my collection.

Please don't ask any questions, as I can't handle talking about it.

Below is a list of what's available. All FREE of charge, but to good homes only. Serious inquiries only please.

Thanks for reading and understanding...

1. Dustpan and brush
2. Sponges
3. Dusters
4. Mop and bucket
5. Window cleaner
6. Vacuum cleaner
7. Dishwashing liquid
8. Laundry detergent
9. Fabric softener
10. Laundry baskets
11. Toilet brush
12. Cleaning sprays
13. Scrubbing brushes
14. Stiff broom
15. garden fork and spade
16. wheelbarrow

Thread: Threadlocked.
22/02/2020 18:59:26

Always use socket head screws on metal geared servos, can tighten them to the correct torque easily and are easy to remove.

Thread: Geoff's Jet Provost - Build Log
22/02/2020 18:51:53

Are the 3d printed fin holders your design or did you get them from somewhere else?

Thread: Failsafe...no idea
20/02/2020 22:24:42
Posted by Dickw on 20/02/2020 14:03:54:
Posted by Denis Watkins on 20

However it is not true for all 2.4GHz transmitters and certainly not true for the brand I use, so non-Spektrum users need to do it differently - a brand specific process.

Dick

Or mine

Thread: My idiots guide to 2.4 ghz radio - finally bit the bullet and upgraded!
15/02/2020 22:41:56

Just read this on one of your previous posts kc "My DX6i is the later type ( post 2015 )". Can't believe your attitude towards the flysky when you own possibly the most unreliable transmitter ever made.

15/02/2020 22:23:16

It's not for me but kc what transmitter are you using as you seem so anti this transmitter

Thread: Lost radio contact - Spectrum DXe + Spektrum AR410
15/02/2020 22:16:59

Can't believe people still persist with Spektrum with dozens if not hundreds of reports of rf board failure along with failure of other parts. Hopefully no one was injured and no damage done where it came down.

Thread: Receiver mounts/clips
07/02/2020 18:19:41

There's some on yeggi, and stlfinder as well

07/02/2020 18:14:09

If you find what your looking for I can print them, done loads for my receivers wouldn't use any other method now

Thread: Good Service - Flying Tech. Bad Service - Banggood.
01/02/2020 20:28:36

PayPal claim. Always do it after about 30 days from order as I think you only have 60 so might be to late for you. If it turns up after claim is paid its there bad luck should have dispatched it on time with reliable couriers

Thread: Horizon Hobby not Responding
28/01/2020 18:14:09

HH are a disgusting company, learned this with one of the very first DX8. There still today selling radios with poor quality rf boards and pots, they really don't care.

Will never buy anything from them again, won't even buy secondhand

Thread: Synthetic instead of caster oil?
15/01/2020 20:54:08

Only problems you will have are better running, cleaner engine, better starting, and less wear, other than that pretty much the same

Thread: Do you remove your lipo from your transmitter every time?.
10/01/2020 21:19:03
Posted by Don Fry on 09/01/2020 21:22:25:

Keith, the point of my warning, your last sentence, I did follow the manufacturers advice. I left the transmitter on the manufacturers setting. It was too low. Plane crashed. They messed up. Warnings are not superfluous gimmicks. They warn.

Set the voltage higher.

Plane eventually hits ground for a reason not Spektrum related.

So how is that not Spektrum related? If they sold the transmitter with the battery but the lvc was wrong it's there fault

Thread: Dog harassment while flying!
10/01/2020 21:09:59
Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 10/01/2020 19:44:18:

I have had this type of situation before too. I tend to shout, when flying, to owners with uncontrollable dogs coming my way that if my plane (60cc) hits the animal it will sadly kill it. That usually provokes the right reaction.

Why are you flying a 60cc size plane where there are dog walkers?

Thread: Max Thrust Riot versus Wot4
09/01/2020 21:54:54

Riot is just the wrong name for it reminds me of the Hooligan which was exactly as its name, should have been called the sedate or the leisurely the unhurried anything but Riot because it isn't.

Almost false advertising the name and advertising give the wrong impression. Straight from Century UKs websit. “Increase those throws and the Riot more than lives up to its name thrilling the most ambitious aerobatic pilot" don't think so

Thread: 2k aerosol laquers
09/01/2020 21:41:05

Never used aerosol 2K but mix it as needed and use it from gun, never use anything else. First used it 25 years ago and did some experiments left painted bits in both straight and high nitro for days and it didn't effect it, in all the years with different fuels with different oils and nitro content and more recently petrol have never had any fuel damage not even a slight mark, but it is used on cars which get fuel spilled around the filler cap and you wouldn't worry about that.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!