By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bill Reed

Here is a list of all the postings Bill Reed has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A123 18650
17/09/2019 16:07:29

Taken the plunge and ordered a Jumper T16 TX. It takes 2 A123 cells which are fitted to a plastic battery box with single power connector,a JST I think.

I have a Cellpro 10s charger which says it will charge A123 (and others) with pack nodes.

Any ideas if I can charge this way? I have lipo packs with no balance leads it charges throught the power lead ok?

Thank you

Thread: Aileron Thickness
13/09/2019 16:54:34

Don, Seen those Panics. When covered with the transparent stuff they look awesome. Go like crazy with a 61 that I see. The guy who had hit built it near perfect. He was a Avicraft regular so in the right place.

13/09/2019 14:32:13

I am building a wot4 style model and about to put a TE on the wing. So I make the thickness pretty much what I want.

The ailerons are 5mm sheet, I read some where (cant find it with a search) that ailerons should be thicker OR thinner than TE.

Can anyone advise please? and does this apply to all styles of model?

Just trying to learn a bit

Thread: Gerry Anderson Thunderbird 2
09/09/2019 08:33:55

This months rcme have a piece about a kit company, Ubuild? ,,, they have a good looking TB2,not plans but might interest

Thread: Southern Model Show 2019
09/09/2019 08:31:42

I went once after the move from hop farm and never since. With the lack of replies I wonder if others feel the same?

Thread: DSX9
05/09/2019 12:50:49

Having probs with the following.

How do I get the Timer to work on the throttle time rather than "stop watch" sort of thing?

Also I have a "save recovery" function on a BNF and would like to tie it to the trainer switch,can not find how to do this with no TX manual

Thread: Plug and adapters
11/08/2019 16:25:13

I could make the adapter in minutes if I new using that KO socket was compatible? Plus I only need 1 lipo to charge

11/08/2019 15:18:26

Forgot to post pictures!

dscn0927.jpg

dscn0925.jpg

11/08/2019 15:13:08

I need to charge this eflight 2s pack,the eflight 2s charger does not work and was always very slow and problematic,

I have a Cellpro charger which is great for me ,plug in a pack and it charges auto.

But I can not get a balance board to suit the eflight pack.

I the picture you can see a balance board, on the KO side ,the 2s socket, I have a plug for that and a socket for the lipo SO I can make a adapter/lead as such.

but I am not sure if this will work ? If I make sure the lipo red wire ,will be on the right on board, black lipo wire on the left on board and white lipo wire in middle of board, will this work and be safe

thanks

Thread: model heli main shaft clamp
08/08/2019 11:20:44

Thanks Peter will post picture later.

08/08/2019 10:01:05

At the minute I am messing with a small rc heli. The rotor head is held on by a 2mm bolt going across the drilled main shaft,so the head will never pull off.

the head then as two 1.6mm bolts going through the head straddling a typical slot for clamping.

Both sides of this head ,either side of slot are threaded, so as soon as the bolt head touches the face,it can not pull the rear in to clamp.

This as got me thinking, will that ever work???? I would of thought the front should be a clearance hole?

if the 2 threaded hole system can/does work would love to know. in this case because the bolt is only 1.6mm it will snap for sure.

thinking of opening the front hole BUT not my heli,building for someone

Thread: Binding probs
24/07/2019 16:10:35

I have a DX7 and a fair few RX`s. Come back to hobby after several years. The radio gear is well looked after and stored well. I had probs binding a couple of RXs so checked I was doing it correct. I was. A lot of the time the satellite would not light, several of them. If I changed the satellite lead it would work,so I presumed it was that, Some leads look thicker gauge than others? All genuine spectrum . But then when I tried later the satellite would not light. I have some park fly RX`s and they bond and stay bound. I really don't have much confidence in these, all had very little use but could be 10yrs old. has there been any software updates or such? these would be the original DSM2? gear. What with Horizon not as big here now I wonder if I should try a new brand. Last time I was using the gear there was a lot of talk brownouts, due to voltage issue????? can not remember exactly, I do know that the 3 nearest model shops carry very little Spektrum radios,only car radios.Any thoughts please ?

Thread: hobbyking web site
19/07/2019 19:24:00

David, I think you will find that is caused by a APP. The APP is being bought by wives to limit our spending .

Thread: Think I've been spammed!
18/07/2019 15:16:38

Simon ,great news. I was going to say at the time BUT did not want to get hopes up. Its really hard to open a bank account up now, so if he was a con man, they might feel responsible?

17/07/2019 08:45:45

it is so easy to be taken in by these people, they are experts on sounding and looking like decent people. I you are a honest trustworthy person its easy to be scammed. to have any sort of come back please use paypal and have the item sent by signed for service. at least you have some proof of the deal. even paypal can be unhelpful at times. fingers crossed it might turn up but looks iffy.

Thread: Droning on at the F1...
15/07/2019 09:22:39

Thought you was referring to Eddie Jordan, the rubbish he comes out with

Thread: TE`s
14/07/2019 11:22:52

Peter, what is a LE capstrip? I thought capstrips were placed on the rib tops? do not know how the template works until I understand more,thanks

13/07/2019 22:22:54

Levanter, the 2 layer/strip method you mention. I have seen that on several plans. Is this to get a non standard size OR save getting thicker wood OR is this stronger?

Tried to change the post title but was not able.

13/07/2019 10:19:17

Sorry if this is to general but after several simple builds AND watching build blogs etc there seems to be many ways of doing the TE.

For instance, front of ribs flat OR birds beak. When flat 1 strip for TE or several layers. rounded dowel and of course ready shaped TE stock. there is probably more.

I know a lot will depend on the model style, is it all down to personal choice, is one kind stronger? or easier. At the very least, why would you choose the birds beak of flat?

I am going to build from scratch so wondered why I have seen many many variations on similar models,just basic models.

Thread: secrets of sanding
12/07/2019 20:31:04

Andy, 100% with you there, everything you say I do to.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us