By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Anthony Coyne

Here is a list of all the postings Anthony Coyne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special
09/04/2019 09:23:16

I’m planning to cover mine in the red/silver as per Tony’s, can someone recommend the best silver covering, I’ve heard good things about Hobbyking film but the silver doesn’t look shiny enough.

Also, nobody has the Sullivan fine cables in stock that I can see (apart from JS Hobbies but I can’t see a ‘buy’ button!!!). Any good alternative cables recommended ?

cheers,

Tony

12/03/2019 23:01:02

Doh!! Pesky film 🤣 thanks for that Ian / Tony.

09/03/2019 08:13:12

Cheers Stuart / Ian, It didn't appear to have a film on it but I'll get it out later and have a look, if not then I'll either look for the Johnson's Kleer or go with a painted canopy!! I like the idea of a detailed cockpit but just want to get her ready to fly!

09/03/2019 00:03:44

Thanks Steven, looking good, have it flown yet and what fan are you using, I’ve got an FMS on order and another on pre-order, if the MIG goes well then the Sabre will follow!!!

Tony

08/03/2019 22:44:52

Hi All, well my kit has arrived, still waiting for the fan. Maybe a daft question but I haven’t built a wooden model for 15 years! Is it purely bonded together with thick cyano (and kicker)?.

Also the canopy is cloudy, will it be possible to polish the cloudiness out? If so what polish is best for this?

regards,

Tony

28/02/2019 10:38:23

Cheers Tony, the boy racer in me would opt for the more powerful fan, however I was weighing that against being sensible and just fitting an ‘adequate’ power unit thus having a lighter model due to the smaller capacity battery. FMS here we come!!

27/02/2019 20:46:36

Do we think the FMS unit is overkill? What sort of flight times would you expect from a 1500 3S with the FMS fan? Hobbyking are nil stock of the Dr Madthrust and AEO unit, BangGood have both FMS and AEO available..... Decisions decisions.... Any advice appreciated as this would be my first EDF model..

14/02/2019 21:40:27

C'mon people, this is getting painful just waiting for someone to fly one of the terrific looking models!!!! The sun is shining so lets fly smile d

19/11/2018 22:57:10

Has anyone got an update on flying these with any of the different fans? I'm looking to build one (or both? as a first EDF model) but all of the fans are out of stock, so I'm waiting for reviews plus restocking of the fans..

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us