By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Phil Beard

Here is a list of all the postings Phil Beard has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Phil Beard's F-86 Sabre Build Blog
12/09/2019 22:30:35

Ade,

Thanks for your response. I've got a Airmaster Tiger16/1010 3HP with 100 litre capacity which can give 14 cfm, I wasn't to sure if that would be far to much for the detailing work as I was going to do the majority of the first coat using the spray gun I've got for use with this.

Did you need any connectors that reduce in size. I know I will have to reduce the pressure.

All the Best

Phil Beard

12/09/2019 20:42:45

Mark,

I've not chosen a paint scheme for my Sabre yet. Have to say some of the really nice schemes have already been chosen by others, so I thought I'd keep quiet and just get it built and then choose near completion and tuen up on the day and give people a surprise.

What I was going to ask. It what type of modelling spray gun and compressor below have used and how difficult is it to use them.

All the Best

Phil Beard

30/08/2019 16:29:43

Final piece required for the F-86 Sabre build arrived today. The Canopy looks really good and something I've never made before so really helpful having a supplier for these.

Roll on the 1st Nov for the mass build to start, now i've everything in place.

All the Best

Phil Beardimg_2162.jpg

28/08/2019 13:13:22

The final parts are starting to arrive now with the Turnigy 9018MG Servos, brass tubing. mylar sheet and piano wire arrived today. The canopy should hopefully arrive tomorrow or the day after and then I'll have everything ready for the 1st Nov build start date.

Don't worry I don't need all 8 servos for the Sabre, thought I'd use these also on my current Vulcan Bomber build also.

All the Best

Phil Beardimg_2161.jpg

img_2160.jpg

25/08/2019 14:50:22

Mike,

This batch if wood I bought from SLEC UK and you can request Soft, Medium and Hard for the different sheets.

Strips of wood will be cut from the sheets for the different required sizes using my Proxxon KS230 Circular Saw.

Hope this response helps.

All the Best

Phil Beard

23/08/2019 15:35:54

Well my wood order has arrived today that includes what I'll need for the F-86 Sabre and also some of the accessories. Just waiting on the Canopy and Turnigy 9018MG Servos and some more piano wire and brass tube and I'll have everything ready and waiting for the 1st Nov start.

All the Best

Phil Beard

img_2158.jpg

img_2159.jpg

Thread: F86 "Gamma" Build
21/08/2019 15:24:22

Martin,

Hopefully this will be my last question.

What size of Piano Wire and tube did you use for the Tail using the SLEC SL834-R Obtuse Angle Tail Horn.

Just going to check with what I've got in stock or purchase along with my wood order and the tail horn.

Thanks for your help as I'm hoping to have everything ready and waiting on the 1st Nov to start the build.

All the Best

Phil Beard

18/08/2019 20:33:49

Martin,

Have been looking at the plans today so that I can order things up and was wondering what Servo's you've used in the prototype?

I've always used Futaba Radio Gear and would like to know which Servo would be most suited as I've always used S148's or S3001's which have always worked out ok but I can see that I will need smaller Servo's for the Sabre build. Any advice would be greatly received.

All the Best

Phil Beard

18/08/2019 20:21:35

Martin,

Have been looking at the plans today so that I can order things up and was wondering what Servo's you've used in the prototype?

I've always used Futaba Radio Gear and would like to know which Servo would be most suited as I've always used S148's or S3001's which have always worked out ok but I can see that I will need smaller Servo's for the Sabre build. Any advice would be greatly received.

All the Best

Phil Beard

Thread: Phil Beard's F-86 Sabre Build Blog
18/08/2019 17:20:17

Martin,

The wood is good and nicely CNC cut and I'm looking forward to starting the build on the 1st Nov.

Andy,

Thanks for the advice on where to look for colour schemes.

All the Best

Phil Beard

18/08/2019 13:49:53

Well I went and got the parcel from the Post Office today which they'd tried to deliver on Wednesday.

The contents of the box look great and will look at the plans later to make sure I've ordered everything so that I can start building on the 1st Nov.

Looking forward to my first PSSA Mass Build.

If someone can advise where I can get colour schemes that also include the wings that would be great.

All the Best

Phil Beard

img_2154.jpg

img_2155.jpg

img_2156.jpg

img_2157.jpg

Thread: JSDAF Blue impulse F-86
17/08/2019 20:33:54

Toshiro-San,

It's great to see that your joining in with this Mass Build and have to say that I recently visited Japan as one of the Tour Parents with the Ayrshire Fiddle Orchestra on our "Rising Sun Tour" where we played 6 concerts in Tokyo, Yokohama, Hiroshima and Kyoto. We were so gratefully welcomed by all we met during our time in Japan. Thank You.

Below is a link to a newspaper article about the Tour.

**LINK**

All the Best

Phil Beard

Thread: PSSA Sabre Woodpack List
08/08/2019 20:54:34

Martin,

From the GAMA kit build you said that you used 48 inch long blanking, what thickness of material would that be for especially if it will make the build better.

Must thank yourself Martin and Gordon in putting this short kit together as I know from building from plans how long it takes to cut things out. It must have certainly taken both of yourselves time to draw up the plan and design the kit and get it to a standard where it could be made into a laser cut kit and also build the prototypes to make sure everything fits together.

Thanks once again and keep the good work up guys.

All the Best

Phil Beard

08/08/2019 15:22:45

Martin,

THanks for this list which is really helpful.

All the Best

Phil Beard

Thread: An Introduction to the PSSA 2020 Mass Build Project
28/07/2019 23:32:02

Martin & Gordon,

Can you please confirm what extra materials are required if you buy the CNC parts kit as I'm about to place an order for wood very shortly and would like to include the extra that I will require.

All the Best

Phil Beard

Thread: A-10 Thunderbolt from the Mike Pastro Plan
11/04/2019 14:44:20

Andy,

Thanks for asking how I'm getting on with the A10.

Well I have to say the engine cowlings took so long to do and I still need to add some filler to get the correct shape that I lost my way a bit with the model. Don't get me wrong I've not given up with it but as you can see from the photos I've nearly completed a Flair ME109 which is a PSS model and also I've started on the Vulcan from the plans you sent to me.

I quite often have a number of models being built at the same time as since I work from home I can do bits during the day and the building board is right behind me in the office.

Was going to E-Mail you with regard to what weight you required in the front of the Vulcan and I'm going to use 2 servos built into each wing for the control service. Wouldn't mind your opinion.

img_2152.jpg

img_2153.jpg

Once these models are finished I've got the following lined up for building:-

1. Dynaflite - Bird of Time

2. Soar Ahead Sailplanes - Cobra

3. Big Lazy Bee Glider from a plan - Like the one built by John Woodfield (John looks to be a fantastic builder)

All the Best

Phil Beard

09/12/2018 20:32:13

Whilst the glue is trying on covering the A10 Engine Pods with balsa sheeting. I thought I'd finish covering my Flair Heron that I've been building alongside the A10 Warthog.

img_2148.jpg

img_2149.jpg

All the Best

Phil Beard

29/11/2018 10:25:23

Internal structure of the engine pods has been completed just awaiting delivery of the 1/32" Balsa to cover.

All the Best

Phil B

img_2146.jpg

img_2147.jpg

25/11/2018 11:16:41

Steady progress being made with the internal structure of the engine pods.

All the Best

Phil B

img_2145.jpg

24/11/2018 11:14:21

More progress is being made with the engine pods as can be seen in the attached photos.

All the Best

Phil B

img_2141.jpg

img_2142.jpg

img_2143.jpg

img_2144.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Addlestone Models
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us