By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for alex nicol

Here is a list of all the postings alex nicol has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BT internet email
16/11/2018 15:08:00

I've had bt Internet for just over a year. I've never set a bt email up as I've use hotmail & gmail for more years than I care to remember with no issues.

there are several wifi devices, iPads, iPhones, tv, Netflix, additional sky box etc, in the house and all connect with no issues

Sorry that's probably not much help to you. It sounds like there might be a time out setting that's a bit neat. If possible have you tried using the wifi device on a different network ........it won't cure it but might help establish where the issue resides, Good luck with your quest

Thread: Ebay sellers...
15/11/2018 19:06:34

By matched......I didn't mean burnt )

15/11/2018 18:57:56

What a bargain it's absolutely minted with good compression........all that's needed is a suitably matched airframe.......any suggestions chaps?

Thread: No space left for new models?
15/11/2018 16:12:55

Perhaps the question should be, what's the most you would pay for an airframe that wouldn't leave you nervous about flying it?

Chances are there'll be a few answers I could guess at, but for me it's hard to put a value on it, thing is the enjoyment factor decreases exponentially with the increase in cost. that said the more familiar and relaxed you get and the enjoyment factor increases again

For the record the dearest airframe I have is the Phoemix Models 1/5 scale PC21, which is still in its box at the minute.........but only because I took the decision to clear a few unfinished projects to get bench space.

Thread: DHL
15/11/2018 14:16:50

Teresa May was spotted in the local IKEA today..........when asked what she was doing........replied she was looking for a new Cabinet

Thread: No space left for new models?
15/11/2018 14:08:26

Tardis for sale?

Thread: Foamies for beginners?
14/11/2018 11:09:27

Gents,

I'd like to propose this thread has been flogged to death and should be brought to a close

Any seconders?

Thread: What is going on with Royal Mail ??????????
12/11/2018 22:54:15

It's called progress, RM are really efficient when it comes to losing parcels........hope you get it sorted soon

12/11/2018 22:50:48

Dave/John

Both extremely valid and very good points. In my earlier days.....pre interweb .......it wasn't unusual for a newbie to walk into the model shop wanting a spitfire. Also how many newbies never got from the model shop kit to the flying field and just ended up as an unfinished project. I guess that's one area where Foamies are a definite plus, especially when you factor in home, auto land etc

12/11/2018 15:24:12

I think the TV dinners sort of sums it up, but irrespective of what I or any of the rest of us think perhaps the real important bit is our opinions are relatively unimportant . What matters is how do the foamie flying newbies feel about the encouragement, advice and training they've received at club level and what can we all do to enhance it......... now there's a topic for discussion

12/11/2018 13:38:14

it was a genuine question but the penny has just dropped lol

12/11/2018 13:25:08

What's a Chinese trimmer engine ?

12/11/2018 11:53:07

There's a lot to be said for sleeping on it or save to draft for 24 hrs............what was this thread about again?

Thread: workbench design?
12/11/2018 11:36:36

Both benches look good, the eBay one appears good value too, the only slight concern would be rigidity especially if your going to be doing any vice work.........if so it might be worth thinking about fixing it to the wall

12/11/2018 11:26:27

I think it's the joys of written communication..........it isn't always read or taken in the manner the writer intended

( that said there's nothing wrong with a bit of passionate debate as long as it doesn't get personall)

10/11/2018 20:20:22

Hi Kim,

I dare say there will be some alignment between the national bodies,and wouldn't want to imply otherwise. its just that I'm not well versed in that particular subject.

10/11/2018 15:25:40

Oh no please, not the health & safety risk assessment method statement brigade!!!!

Kidding aside, is it just me or is common sense not so common any more?

10/11/2018 13:23:58

Hi Kim,

I'm north of the border so not to sure on what the BMFA test parameters are....up here we have bronze/silver and Gold. Bronze I think might be similar to the BMFA A

It's a start it up, take off, a couple of circuits, left hand P, right hand P, simulated dead stick, landing then demonstrate knowledge of safety code of practice by answering a few questions. in short demonstrate basic competency in safe operation of a model aircraft.

Safety is safety that doesn't change, I guess this is just a case of needing to keep up with the times and technology

For me anything that gets new recruits should be welcomed and the "you didn't buy one of them, did you" frame of mind should be binned ...........I'm not saying that's the usual welcome.......but everybody knows one of them........like they say, you only get one chance to make a good impression

10/11/2018 09:17:52

One thing that just occurred to me and it's at a slight tangent to this thread.........is the foam used biodegradable or have a plastic content...........if so its possible environmental legislation could be the demise of foam.........if the raw materials used for plastic, straws, cotton buds and polystyrene take away containers are on the environmental/recycling hit list........it could have an impact on the long term future of foamies.

On a separate note maybe we should look at a very very basic test (suitably caveated around model weight and power) which includes take off (either from ground or hand launch) fly a circuit and land in a given space in a reasonably competent manner...... Something which could be achievable after a couple of hours flying......a bit like the motorcycle CBT scheme......Also trainee choice whether to sit basic or go straight to the A schedule

09/11/2018 16:37:58

Yeah..........What have the dinosaurs ever done for us lol

Sorry just couldn't resist that........it just caused recollection of a certain scene from MP's Life of Brian

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!