By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for alex nicol

Here is a list of all the postings alex nicol has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Considering going electric - advice rplease
09/01/2018 23:48:02

I've just dug out an old bh home run airframe that had an Irvine 53 fitted. never being one to do things simply, I've a trike set of turnigy electric retracts I'm thinking of fitting as well. my thoughts are to use separate batteries for RX and motor with both as far apart as possible. ideally I'd like to turn an 11 or 12 inch prop and have a reasonable degree of vertical performance. how do I calculate, motor, esc and battery required

09/01/2018 20:59:38

I guess careful setup is the key. Although I need to get my head around the correct motor rating, esc and battery pack combo

09/01/2018 19:13:29

Thanks gents, up until now I've been a dyed in the wool ic guy. I think I might regard this as a moment of weakness and postpone until I upgrade to 2.4

09/01/2018 18:33:53

Im thinking of converting a model to electric. I'm looking for advice on motor, batteries, speed controllers etc. ideally something equivalent to .40 glow power.

Also I'm flying on 35mhz, are there any interference issues.

All advice gratefully received

Thread: Ripmax Bullet
28/12/2017 14:01:44

I had a notion for something retro sport aerobatic and the bullet would have fitted the bill just nicely. I'll leave the thread here for now, as you just never know

28/12/2017 11:23:55

Found a plan on aerofred, so have decided it's time have a go at balsa bashing again

Thread: IC Engine Offset?
24/12/2017 08:51:27

My message was a little tongue in cheek.............Get it in the sky, experiment and learn........there's quite a bit in this thread to keep us all busy experimenting (or should that be amused and out of trouble )

23/12/2017 22:19:43

Maybe I'm being a bit thick here but the rotation of the prop will try and rotate the airframe the opposite way, the amount of force will depend on prop size and engine speed making it variable......would mixing a little rudder in not correct this

23/12/2017 17:45:39

I was looking at cloud models and thinking about either the calibre or tornado. The calibre is also a scaled up bullet and slightly bigger than the bullet. I think it's about 65in span. I've got a set of turnigy retracts and an Irvine 53 and asp 75 looking for a home

23/12/2017 15:42:27

I'm not a 100% but I think they have, there's none to be had anywhere I can see

23/12/2017 12:55:13

Thanks, it was me who placed the wanted. Just thought I'd try the forum on the off chance somebody has one in a dusty box in their hanger. But thanks anyway

23/12/2017 12:41:10

Still Looking for a Bullet Kit or airframe in vgc

Thread: Yet another forum Newbie
22/12/2017 15:10:36

I've got a couple of ASP's 46 & a 180 fs and they both perform well. There's just something about the Irvine. Stick the model (Maricardo) on the bench, Prime it make sure it's wet and you get the bump, flick the spinner backwards and it starts first time, everytime......not to mention the needle hasn't been touched for as long as I can remember.

22/12/2017 00:53:43

What do you mean blunt lol, I've built a couple of Kiel Kraft kits with no die cut and no wood selection......come to think of it the balsa was probably heavier and harder than the orange boxes lol

21/12/2017 21:03:47

Having been an aero modeller for more years than I care to remember, I had a slight 12 year lay off from the hobby and can't believe just how much it has changed. Also the amount of kits that have disappeared. My normal weapon of choice is the Irvine 53 and even that's gone to. Does anybody else feel the same

21/12/2017 20:50:24

This is my first post!! Is there anybody out there who has a Ripmax Bullet Artf still in box or vgc airframe

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us