By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stephen farrar

Here is a list of all the postings Stephen farrar has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hobbyzone Delta Ray switch problem.
28/12/2018 13:29:51

Hi, Got the Hobbyzone Delta Ray BNF for Xmas. Set up my dx8 as per instructions. Bound the dx8 to the plane. Safe setting works perfectly but I can't turn the Safe off for some reason. None of the switches have any effect on the Safe setting. Any ideas much appreciated.

Steve.

Thread: Screaming electric motor
14/06/2018 15:48:48
Hi Graham, not seen that myself but it runs okay at full revs without the prop, not with, the motor completely stops when prop attached.
14/06/2018 15:45:11
Hi Denis, The motor isn't spinning at all when the screaming noise starts, it stops completely.
14/06/2018 15:27:29

Hi Gary, prop retained with one of those prop saver rings and it is gripping ok. Motor doesn't scream when no prop is on and that would be at its highest revs I presume.

14/06/2018 15:23:39

Hi Denis, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean. I only replaced the motor like for like and the new motor did not come with any paperwork.

14/06/2018 15:14:37

Hi, just installed a new replacement motor in my wing wing. Tested without propellor and all worked fine. But, when I put on the propellor and gave it full throttle the motor stopped and made a screaming noise. No burning smell or smoke. Removed propellor, gave it full throttle and all is okay. Tried with propellor, 5 x 5, engine stops at full throttle with screaming noise again, tried without prop and all okay, tried with 6 x 5 propellor, screaming noise at full throttle again with engine stop. Anybody any ideas as I'm stumped.

Thread: New Hobbyking 40 amp ESC not working.
04/05/2018 17:59:45
Hi,Yes I do have a bind, the control surfaces are working okay.The flashing red light is a differnt light to the bind light.I have tried a different esc from another plane and ythe throttle works just fine, as do the ailerons and elevator.
Steve.
04/05/2018 13:44:26

Hi, Brand new Hobbyking esc not working. Did the tx throttle on high, wait for beeps throttle down etc. It started beeping with the throttle on high and the beeping just went on and on, not stopping, but also had a siren like sound as well. This went on for a minute or so and my dog started to look a bit worried, so I then lowered the throttle and got a couple of beeps. Still not working. There was also a flashing red light as well as the normal light in my receiver. Any ideas out there?

Steve.

Thread: throttle problem
12/03/2018 17:10:16
I did try the above directions from Simon but no joy im afraid.
12/03/2018 16:53:03
Hi everybody, thanks for all your very speedy advise.I know how to programme the esc from the YouTube video. Problem is i need just the green light to do it and i have both red and green lights and dont know how to turn off the red light and cant see any instructions of how to do it in the manual. Any ideas?
Steve.
12/03/2018 14:29:27
The esc programming button has a red and green light and it is not possible to programme the esc when both lights are showing, it can only be done when just the green light is on. I have both lights showing and I cant find a way to turn off the red light. There was no information in the build instructions about programming the esc. I have emailed Graupner but am not hopeful of getting a reply. Can anyone out there help.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us