By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jonathan Sharland

Here is a list of all the postings Jonathan Sharland has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang
15/09/2020 21:54:07

Nigel,

Thanks for the offer, my local club is Maidenhead rc.

15/09/2020 11:17:06

Paul,

Thanks for all the advise and help. I have purchased David Boddingtons book as back ground reading and downloaded a copy of Model Aeroplane Building sketch by sketch.

Its learning the tricks of the trade and the best way to do things thats going to catch us newbies out. But as Richard says thats going to be the fun bit learning something new and making a few mistakes. Its mostly wood so it can be re-cut / replaced etc if it goes wrong...

Jon

14/09/2020 22:37:28

Richard I have a good LHS Mantra models that has a good stock of balsa. I am not too afraid of making a few mistakes but thought its easier to ask a question than make an assumption and find i made a stupid mistake. ,

I am reading the Spitfire build blogs as they are full of gems.

Does anybody have any book recommendations?

14/09/2020 09:29:24

Paul

When you say soak, what exactly are you doing. ( sorry for the newbie questions).

Does anybody know any good youtube videos I can watch to learn the basics? smiley

11/09/2020 07:52:14

Richard, you really have thought of everything

10/09/2020 18:59:27

Paul, thanks for the updates looking good. Question about 5he hatch what sort of magnets are you using and how do you separate them when you need to open the hatch.

Richard thanks for the update on whats in the box.

The boss was definitely confused by the clamp delivery.

05/09/2020 21:20:28

Richard, Glen,

Do you guys have a list of the bits we will need to complete the build

Any recommendation on brands sizes etc would be good. I am trying to sneak bits past the boss so having a list up front means I can buy before either online or at the LHS when I am getting other stuff.

So far I am thinking I will need

• Snakes
  • Servos
  • Motor
  • hinges

what else am I missing?

Jon

05/09/2020 11:55:26

Is it better than grease proof paper?

31/08/2020 20:43:44

Paul,

Thanks for the great pics and advise your build is looking amazing. I can see your log being the bible for us newbies.

I have a couple of quick questions if i may.

1. Did you use thin CA for joining the sheets together?
  2. What glue did you use to stick the sheet to the fuselage?
  3. Can you give us any hints and tips for cutting out the cowl?

Thanks

30/08/2020 20:49:04

Paul, Thanks for helping out. B&Q have none in my area so I ordered some 12" and 6" Irwin ones.

The build is looking beautiful by the way really enjoying the seeing it go together. How does the Tail section attach to the main fuz sides.

Thanks for creating the blog this build will be a really useful ref for us new builders to use along with Richards instructions..

Jon

30/08/2020 15:25:51

Paul I have been looking at clamps, any recommendations on brands. I don't want to get too strong ones especially the non bar clamp ones.

29/08/2020 18:24:33

Paul what size clamps are you using?

29/08/2020 14:50:07

Richard,

I do have a couple of friends from the field that I can ask.

I will be doing a build thread so hopefully any issues the great and the good on here can chip in advise.

I think I would rather get most of the bits in one go. Then I have everything I need in one hit. Also sneaking it past the boss in one box will be easier sad...

I / we understand the high outlay you will have to make to give us this highly customised service. I hope it worth it as we are all dreaming of what might come next... lanc or Mossie??? yes

27/08/2020 22:22:40

Richard

When do you need to know what bits we want to order.

Jon

Thread: Se5a
26/08/2020 23:28:59

Thanks guys great options. I have been looking on eBay. But never sure of getting a second hand kit of this age.

But it's good to know the options I will have a look and a think. Now the warbirds replica p51 is nearly out the se5 research can continue as a back burner project. smiley

26/08/2020 23:20:01

WOW so excited... Paul on the sound i meant are you building with mr. Rc sound. Or will you build as per the plan?

Thx

26/08/2020 18:20:05

Wow amazing.... looks great cannot wait to see the build. Are you going to add sound?

Thread: Se5a
26/08/2020 10:10:10

Hi I am looking for a Flair style se5a kit.

Preferably 40 - 60 inches and electric or covertable to electric.

I have looked at the ripmax kit but just not sure it looks that scale.

What are the collective thoughts of Modelflying....

Thanks for your help...

17/08/2020 18:58:31

Pilot looks great

17/08/2020 16:40:11

Richard,

Any news on the Pilot as well while were talking about what we need to raid from the piggy bank?

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!