By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alan Coppen

Here is a list of all the postings Alan Coppen has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mills 75 setting up throttle
04/06/2019 17:16:03

Thank you all for the advice, I am going to ditch the throttle on this particular engine . My problem really was run time for radio assist. I will fit a larger tank and play around with prop size and settings. I have previously tried a restrictor, a smaller diam plastic insert in the venturi. It worked fine but the decrease in consumption was marginal. I think the original thimble tank is ok for FF but not for radio assist. I also fly electrick, but as an oldie, much prefer "proper" engines!! Viva the Oily Hand Gang!!!smiley

Cheers

02/06/2019 10:24:47

I have recently fitted a throttle to my original Mills .75 which is in a Tomboy. On the test stand after overcoming problems with the needle vibrating loose, I have only managed to achieve good even high revs and then a slightly lower rpm at the other end of the throttle arm travel. My previous experience with throttling engines has been with glo-engines, where on Enya and OS motors I had max revs down to a satisfying low rev burble with a smooth transition. I presume that throttling diesels will not achieve the same results as glo or four stroke engines, but I had hoped for lower revs. I have tried different fuels and it seems better on D2000 than D1000. Should I adjust the mixture on high or low setting to begin with? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us