By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alan Coppen

Here is a list of all the postings Alan Coppen has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mills 75 setting up throttle
04/06/2019 17:16:03

Thank you all for the advice, I am going to ditch the throttle on this particular engine . My problem really was run time for radio assist. I will fit a larger tank and play around with prop size and settings. I have previously tried a restrictor, a smaller diam plastic insert in the venturi. It worked fine but the decrease in consumption was marginal. I think the original thimble tank is ok for FF but not for radio assist. I also fly electrick, but as an oldie, much prefer "proper" engines!! Viva the Oily Hand Gang!!!smiley

Cheers

02/06/2019 10:24:47

I have recently fitted a throttle to my original Mills .75 which is in a Tomboy. On the test stand after overcoming problems with the needle vibrating loose, I have only managed to achieve good even high revs and then a slightly lower rpm at the other end of the throttle arm travel. My previous experience with throttling engines has been with glo-engines, where on Enya and OS motors I had max revs down to a satisfying low rev burble with a smooth transition. I presume that throttling diesels will not achieve the same results as glo or four stroke engines, but I had hoped for lower revs. I have tried different fuels and it seems better on D2000 than D1000. Should I adjust the mixture on high or low setting to begin with? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!