By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for AvRo

Here is a list of all the postings AvRo has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: How do you buy your Balsa?
15/04/2019 23:24:30

Can I ask what people do about balsa in Australia? Previously, I was a temporary resident in Romania, and I found lovely stock in art supply stores, all grades, to build the ff Stahl Taylorcraft attached. All grades, and shapes and sizes from stick to sheets of 100 x 1000. I bought just enough for this project, and cut my own sticks. Back in Australia, I have started building again in a small way, using balsa from our major hardware franchise, Bunnings. This balsa is terrible, hard (and damaged), strong grain and twisted, and sized 90 x 915. Is there a better way of buying than Bunnings? There are no stores within easy reach so I guess it must be mail. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff.1a6b956c-673a-4fdb-94de-6ecd1bf7923c.jpeg

Thread: Auster Plan
03/07/2018 23:45:45

Taylorcraft6.jpegMine is finished to the extent I could make it so before I left it in Romania on my return to Australia on June 30. I left it with a friend who will hang it up and not try to fly it because it is built a bit wonky.

15/06/2018 06:05:03

This feels like an invitation to say hello to the forum - please excuse the thread hijack. In my winter quarters in Romania I have been building this Taylorcraft to the Earl Stahl rubber ff plan. Its not an rc build, but once back home, (Australia), and more settled, (we live on a boat, now for sale), with a workshop, I plan to apply some scale to this plan and build an electric rc conversion. I seem to have a thing about Taylorcrafts and Austers, 1a6b956c-673a-4fdb-94de-6ecd1bf7923c.jpegand this thread gives me a colour scheme! Its been interesting building in Romania, not all materials are easily sourced, eg the landing gear had to be bent up from a whisk as I could not find piano wire. I am sure a rubber motor is out there somewhere, but at the moment all I can find is a box of the little coloured bands. All the best to the great builders and flyers on this great forum, Jeff (an ex-pat kiwi living in Romania, soon to be heading home to Australia).

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us