By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1

Here is a list of all the postings Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What would be a good Watt Meter to buy?
08/02/2019 17:21:35

I really am not thinking today am I? Thanks

08/02/2019 15:59:04

Afternoon folks.

Since returning to the hobby back in November I have made the decision to go all electric for everything. ( Probably. Mostly. ) I have also decided that a WattMeter would be a good idea but don't really have anywhere to start. being on a limited budget I'd rather not spend thirty quid when ten would do the job just as ( or ALMOST) as well.

I am currently building a Cardinal, a Chilli Breeze and a Japp ( June 1967 Aeromodeller free plan) And have a couple of foamies to fly whilst the building goes ahead. Frankly I just want to see if what I do to them will start a fire/war/public scene.

Any suggestions, oh hive of aeromodelling wisdom?

Oh and here's a picture of the in progress Japp, because it's cute. img_20181231_124733.jpg

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 08/02/2019 16:00:04

Thread: Civilian Coupe (1932)
08/02/2019 00:31:01

I've just seen this thread and model: I have to say that is BEAUTIFUL. A gorgeous subject and a wonderful model of it. Well done Tim, a work of art.

Thread: Favourite Non Scale Sport Bipe?
08/02/2019 00:03:07

I was very fond of my BiFly, I don't have a massive sample size, hovever. it had been built quite heavy and underpowered by the previous owner, so I removed the old and very tired OS 25FP and shoved in a brand new TT42 and it was a royal hoot to fly. pict0013.jpg

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 08/02/2019 00:04:28

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Hunter & Phantom
06/02/2019 16:22:47

Fantastic to see you at it again Tony, and sorry to hear of your health problems. Lovely work on that Hunter. Really looking forward to these two.

That Phantom looks a bit Speyish to me  - going for a Brit one? ( I am already planning an Alcock and Brown or Boscombe Down version. Keen, moi?) 

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 06/02/2019 16:25:23

Thread: Chilli Wind Built - up wing.
25/01/2019 15:04:42

Hi Piers, thanks for that - I'll be ordering something similar. I will for a start be running 3s ( because I have a few of them knocking around ) but will also be using 4s in the future, so something with headroom for 4s will be the thing.

Looking forward to the plan and balsa arriving any day now

17/01/2019 13:05:18

Right, decision made, Chilli BREEZE plan ordered, and off to Steve Webb's tomorrow to stock up on balsa and some other bits.

I am going to convert it to electric so will be thinking about that while I build the airframe.

Thanks for all the advice and help folks.

Thread: RCME June 1994.
16/01/2019 19:29:43

Thanks everyone Especially KC. It's so nice when people are helpful like this, I really appreciate it.

16/01/2019 06:17:05

Hmm, I cannot send you a PM, I am afraid. My email addy though is stuartqhATgmailDOTcom

Cheers!

16/01/2019 06:15:06

KC - no worries It did say that the plan was included - the reciept cunningly says that the missing material was noted on the advert - I beg to differ. Still it's not the end of the world.

I am going to order the plan now - and yes I was after the article - I would really appreciate a copy of it - I shall PM you

Thanks again

Thread: I've heard of making a mark up..
15/01/2019 03:53:24

This one made me chortle:

The only info is a link to the HK website.

Where it is ten quid cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Plane-H-King-T-45-Glue-N-Go-Kit/173739398619?hash=item2873acd5db:gjEAAOSw11BcO6xj

Thread: Blotto rip-off
15/01/2019 03:45:18

Sorry wrong place. 

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 15/01/2019 03:52:38

15/01/2019 00:05:29

Hey Alex, I have the plan and article for the Wind - I was thinking if I built the breeze I could do a better and more economical job of converting it to electric. ( I am starting up again after a break so have less gear lying around than I used to but DO have some 3 and 4 s packs and a couple of 40a speed controllers) ) I will order the Breeze plan from Sarik if I can't find a copy of the mag with the plan and article in though. fFankly I vacilate so much I suspect my build will only be truly decided when I start to cut some parts out. Once that happens, I will be off though

Thanks for the good wishes, and I will do a build diary when I get started - on one or the other Again, superb work on yours - really looking forward to seeing more of it when done.

Thread: RCME June 1994.
14/01/2019 21:37:24

Evening all. Anyone have this mag they would be happy to sell? I was going to build the larger Chilli Wind, model but decided the smaller version would be more practical and ordered a secondhand copy. Turns out it had no plan/article in it.

very happy to pay a decent price.

Many thanks

14/01/2019 21:32:00

Thanks folks - loads of good info. And some superb work, Alex I had a change of mind, and decided to go small and build the Chilli Breeze, so ordered the issue in KC's link. NO PLAN! or any related content - it was all gone. so I might be doing the full wind ( ooer ) after all.

10/01/2019 19:49:24

Hmm, I have the plan for the big one ( wind) I have no idea where it came from, I just assumed it was the free one: It must have come from a load of stuff I bought a few years ago.

10/01/2019 19:38:00

Cheers KC. I will have to check to see what I actually have - I seem to be a bit confused... about time for the dried frog pills, I think.

10/01/2019 18:10:08

Thanks everyone. Anyone know what issue the smaller one was in?

Thanks again Nigel - again, nice and simple.

Thread: DSM Smart Move or similar Pattern ship - circa 80s/90s
09/01/2019 23:13:40

Brian, that is very nice - what sort of price did you have in mind, and where are you based? Can you PM me?

Thanks Masher - I would need to strip that and recover it though

Percy: thanks for the info.

Stu: That may be exactly what I am after ( I like a bit of a build ) And it's close to my sister's house too.  any chance of some more info? 

Cheers all

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 10/01/2019 00:05:56

Thread: Micron 'Elf' Single-Channel proportional set
09/01/2019 21:30:51

I nearly got one of those for my 13th birthday! At the last minute though, one of my dad's workmates ( he worked at RAF Leeming) who was a very keen flyer told him about a second hand Sprengbrook 2ch set at a model shop in Leeds. dad asked me which i preferred, and of course Sprengbrook won out. I vividly remember the Micron ads and loved their TX styling.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Slec
CML
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us