By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1

Here is a list of all the postings Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chilli Wind Built - up wing.
09/01/2019 20:39:17

BTW, I am just going through your thread on the SCEN Puma - superb work Sir!!

09/01/2019 20:34:57

Thank you Nigel! That sounds lovely and simple. Two spars - one top one bottom and ten ribs per panel? I particularly like your joining method: I have always been very paranoid about wing joins and gone for epoxy and glass - I will try that. How did you cover it? Iron on or nylon?

Gutted to hear of your crash, BTW

Cheers again!

09/01/2019 19:39:07

Hi folks, I am about to start a Chilli Wind build ( I still have my free plan! ) and I am keen to do a built up wing. I am FAIRLY sure I could knock one up well, but I believe that you can never have too much knowledge or other people's experience :D

I would be really interested to hear/see how anyone else has made one - how many ribs, material sizes used and so on.

Thanks for any information anyone might be able to provide

Thread: DSM Smart Move or similar Pattern ship - circa 80s/90s
05/01/2019 19:13:52

Evening all, anyone got a Smart Move or similar they want to move on? Airframe only or complete aeroplane, or even kit would be good.

Thread: Bi-Fli 48 re-furb
03/01/2019 01:13:46

Looking superb there! I had one a few years back, the 25 size - so I put a .42 in it (Obviously) it flew really well - my first REALLY aerobatic model. Lovely spins and yes, not keen on gliding.

Another vote for SLEC re releasing it.

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 03/01/2019 01:14:27

Thread: Vintage Cambria Catalogue scans
02/01/2019 23:32:35

Oh it's fantastic to see that catalogue: I am another who's first RC model was a Cambria Eagle: 14.95 from grover's in Northallerton. I fitted my secondhand Sprengbrook radio and one day my dad decided to join me, and lobbed it ( despite instruction) off the slope like a javelin, nose up at about 45degrees.

It taught me a lot though, and it was a real pleasure to build - the first time I used Solarfilm too. A gorgeous summer's work for a 14 year old.

I keep an eye out for another kit, ( and indeed a Pinto ) or even a built example but so far have failed - obs, if anyone has one they want rid of...

I seem to recall the Dragonfly being advertised in the Ripmax Handbook as having a "Trithane" fuselage - I assume this was the trade name for the hard shell foam - does anyone have any pictures of it? I'd love to see a pic of the radio bay, for example.

Thread: fav model of all time
12/12/2018 21:26:35

Mine would be the WM Mustang I had some years ago: it disappeared into a copse ( or rather forest ) one summer holiday in Bosbury. The cottage had it's own full size strip and the owner ( Bunty Moffat) was more than happy for me to fly from it. The model was a gift from my then partner and was the first I had ever owned with retracts and a four stroke ( An OS 70FS ) and flew beautifully.

Even a non modelling friend with no interest in aviation said that watching it fly was a delight.

( For non ARTFs, it would have to be the DSM Smart Move I had - my first pure aerobat, and I wish you could still get them. Smooth as anything)

Thread: EE Lightning Materials List
01/12/2018 11:19:36

Hi folks, I am awaiting the delivery of some RCM and E back issues that include the TN Lightning and Foxbat and I'd like to get the materials in - does the plan incluse a materials list, and if so can anyone let me know what I need?

( I know, impatient, moi? )

Cheers!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us