By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for George P.

Here is a list of all the postings George P. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Using larger lipo to charge smaller one
05/08/2019 08:15:52

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I thought it best to check for any warnings before proceeding. I will now go ahead with the plan. Thanks again.

Geoff: The Pup is not far off completion but decorating and the need to make the most of what decent flying weather remains means that I am relaxed about when I get it finished. Suddenly find myself with a couple of 4s size foamies which I am finding entertaining but only have three lipos. I don't want to purchase any more until I know I will not become bored and sell on the foamies. Good to hear you have been flying again.

04/08/2019 17:36:37

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has experience of using a larger lipo to charge a smaller one?

I have some 6s 3300 ma lipos that have good IR numbers on the cells ( 5-6) but are a bit puffed and do not give quite as much power as before. I have decided to retire them but wondered whether to attempt using them to charge 4s 2200 lipos? I have a charger that can take the input voltage and I can set a safety cut off. I also have a low battery monitor I can plug in when in use.

I was looking for any thoughts/ experience of this. In theory it should work but in reality there are often reasons that make it impractical.

Thread: Foam2Foam glue
21/06/2019 10:11:36

Thanks for the replies. I did experience symptoms and so avoid cyano now. I am surprised how many people report this as being the case. Anyway It is very useful to get feedback. I use mainly Aliphatic, Superphatic, hot glue. hinge glue and canopy glue. I have thought about Gorilla glue in place of Epoxy at times but the foaming has put me off. May try it in the future.

I have used Superphatic on foam and it works (tested to destruction) well but I have never used it on EPO tail surfaces etc.

19/06/2019 20:43:27

Thanks Colin and Martin for your replies. Now I know it works and is strong enough I shall give it a go.

19/06/2019 16:49:04

Hi All,

I am putting together an EPO model and need to glue the stabs and fins in place. I do not want to use cyano. I have an unopened tube of Foam2Foam by Delux Materials. I was looking for feedback on what this glue is like to use and whether in your experience it is strong enough for a 4s size foam EDF?

Thread: DB Sport & Scale Sopwith Pup 60" ws
15/06/2019 16:21:31

Sounds like you are attracted to Moths like a ...er...er...Mothlaugh. A very nice couple of projects you have there.

Thread: Aliphatic glues
15/06/2019 10:13:19

I use these glues a lot and find them very good. With the Superphatic, I use enough to soak in, allow it to dry then add some more if needed later. After each use I dry the area ( not the joint) with kitchen towel to avoid any problems later with sanding. Most of the time I use aliphatic but the Superphatic definitely has its uses and is good on some hinges/plastics/foam.

Thread: Weston Park Worth the Risk of Showers?
15/06/2019 10:02:47

I was looking forward to this show but having had such good luck last weekend at the full size Cosford airshow I am convinced that if I go it will be a washout. Of course having decided not to go it will be a great day weather wise....you're all welcomelaugh!

Thread: DB Sport & Scale Sopwith Pup 60" ws
15/06/2019 09:48:37
Posted by Percy Verance on 15/06/2019 06:31:42:

A nice expansion of the D B Sport & Scale mid size biplane range they already have. Tempting indeed...........

The market was ready for a Pup kit of this size since the Flair job vanished..... All Richard needs now is a larger sized Tiger Moth in his range, and he'll have most of the bases covered. He doesn't do much WW2 stuff, but that's fine by me......

And if, one day, he could squeeze in a Puss/Leopard Moth of around 80 inch span, then that would be even better......oh, and a 60 inch span Hornet Moth would sit nicely in the range as well..... wink

Edited By Percy Verance on 15/06/2019 06:38:30

I agree. A larger Tiger Moth would be tempting or a Moth Minor. A 60 inch Hornet Moth would be good too. If I ever get around to finishing my Pup that is!

Edited By George P. on 15/06/2019 09:50:38

15/06/2019 09:39:56

Thanks Geoff, having seen your builds I know your Pup will be a corker. Any thoughts on a colour scheme?

31/05/2019 14:14:20

Hi Geoff, Congratulations on your purchase. Although my DB Pup is the 1/4 scale we can still fly in formation over Ashbourne one day (I will just fly a bit further away to get the size about rightsmiley). Hoping to get mine finished this summer and fly it. In the meantime here is some pictures of the progress. Got it propped up on the Dining room table to make up the rigging at the moment. Can't build and can't fly but I enjoy trying!

img_20190531_123557629_burst000_cover.jpg

31/05/2019 13:26:19

Hi Geoff, Congratulations on your purchase. Although my DB Pup is the 1/4 scale we can still fly in formation over Ashbourne one day (I will just fly a bit further away to get the size about rightsmiley). Hoping to get mine finished this summer and fly it. In the meantime here is some pictures of the progress. Got it propped up on the Dining room table to make up the rigging at the moment.

img_20180215_094622194 (1).jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us