By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Michael Hadaway

Here is a list of all the postings Michael Hadaway has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Build your own telemetry sensors.
27/09/2019 12:49:14

Hello. Sorry to be a bit tardy replying to your post. Due to health problems and other distractions I have put the project to one side for now.

I do have a working variometer and a voltage/current sensor using your supplied pcb give accurate cell readings but the standby current is reported to be about 130 A, with no VFAS detection.

I am using the latest sketch that has only config.h. not configbasic and configadvanced.

In config.h about line 130 there is define VFAS_SOURCE ADS_VOLT_6.

Suspect this line should be changed to VFAS_SOURCE VOLT_6

I don't like to give up so will continue when energy reserves return.

Thread: Watts Inside feature April 2019
06/09/2019 15:52:35

Hello Jon

Part 2 of the article inspired me to get a B03 and the multi-protocol module from Banggood.

I assume this is the correct module, but the B03 is not listed as an option .Does John Stennard have this information please?

I agree that the TX supplied is too small and difficult to use smoothly.

Thanks for any information you are able to obtain

Mike

Thread: Build your own telemetry sensors.
10/08/2019 14:22:57

I was compiling for a 168 board in error for a 328.

Now all OK.

Have tested my first sensor and can report getting good cell voltages.

encouraged to proceed.

02/08/2019 10:05:01

Thank you so much Chris. The zip file downloaded perfectly and compiles without errors.

I do get a warning that the global variables use 92% of dynamic memory and stability problems may occur.

However I presume that once I have edited the sketch for the sensors I am using, ie just current and voltage at first,

that the memory issue will be resolved.

Thanks again for you help and I hope that my experience may help others who may be having problems.

Cheers

Mike

01/08/2019 08:50:20

Thanks Chris. Will give it a go.

Mike

31/07/2019 16:17:57

Hello

Mike Blandfird may have a good point. I have downloaded the IDE ( Arduino 1.8.9 ) from Windows store 1.2.21.0.

Is this OK?

I note, Chris, that you say to compile the original sketch. I have been unable to find the sketch to download.

From your post 14/4/19 were the link "here" is given, I left click on openxsensor and find a lot of files.

I downloaded oXs_config_basic_h and oXs_ config_advanced_h as advised in the magazine article.

Then pasted into a new sketch file. Even before changes unable to compile.

Hopefully it will be clear to you were I am going wrong. Incidentally the sketch for the servo tester compiles OK

and the unit works as expected.

Mike Hadaway

31/07/2019 10:05:37

Hi Chris

When compiling the sketch I get an error regarding <Arduino.h>. The error report is.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328P (3.3V, 8 MHz)"

In file included from C:\Users\oxfor\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_368203\sketch_may30a.ino:369:0:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:153:16: error: conflicting declaration of 'void setup()' with 'C' linkage

void setup(void);

^

C:\Users\oxfor\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_368203\sketch_may30a.ino:1:6: note: previous declaration with 'C++' linkage

void setup() {

^

In file included from C:\Users\oxfor\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_368203\sketch_may30a.ino:369:0:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:154:15: error: conflicting declaration of 'void loop()' with 'C' linkage

void loop(void);

^

C:\Users\oxfor\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_368203\sketch_may30a.ino:133:6: note: previous declaration with 'C++' linkage

void loop() {

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Pro or Pro Mini.

08/07/2019 10:40:55

Hello Chris.

I have been following this series with interest since the article in the magazine.

Its still a bit of a mystery to me, but I would like to purchase a few of your project boards and have a go.

I understand that you can supply them for £2 + £1 p&p and paypal is accepted.

I would wish to bye three please.

Mike Hadaway

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us