By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for philip pember

Here is a list of all the postings philip pember has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Advent Prize Draw - 5th Dec (post to enter)
04/12/2020 21:18:42

count me in , just the job.

Thread: Advent Prize Draw - 4th Dec (post to enter)
03/12/2020 19:20:55

count me in also

Thread: Covering Films
02/12/2020 21:06:34

probably SW but have just covered a RED ZEPHYR and SUPER 60 in Hobby king film and was perfecly acceptable £10.50 for 5 mtrs so cant complain about price, only used solarfilm before so no comparison with Oracover.

Thread: Advent Prize Draw - 1st Dec (now closed)
01/12/2020 04:10:41

go on then i`ll make the numbers up thats why i need one.

Thread: Countax A20-50
16/11/2020 20:11:29

iff you are in BMFA club insurace could cover loss, ours was stolen out of locked container and was replaced with BMFA insurance money.

Thread: Future balsa supplies in UK
05/11/2020 00:00:16

before we all go crazy about the balsa shortage situation, it would pay all on here to have a look on FLITE TEST web site to see whats possible with foamboard, the stuff they use can have paper taken of one side and moulded over a building board edge to make compound curves, have done it myself with corsair and it was a bit crude but but fly`s ok on 3s 2200Mah.many designs and its definatly worth a look,

Thread: The Forecast
04/11/2020 20:54:56

four members out this morning, light wind and blue sky till 2.30 when it started drizzling, in Midlands, thats it for a while,here we go again.

keep well everybody.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
04/11/2020 19:32:28

i got the E mail from CAA to renew my registration which i did, suprised it was still £9 to be honest, what i don`t understand is why are they changing registration No`s next year, i have kept mine untill i renew next November2021, once registered surly it would keep costs down to stay with that No like with car registrations.just a thought.don`t think £9 should cause anybody to give up hobby, it might be used as excuse to leave but £9 come on.

Thread: Mowing
06/10/2020 20:46:36

i mow our field as and when required, in summer its every week but as weather / seasons change mowing does as well, as a thank you for doing mowing and looking after mower [ retired mechanic ] i do not pay subs, it still costs me fuel to get to strip etc but think overall its a fair way ??.

Thread: Spektrum Tx and Rx compatability, or binding trouble
19/09/2020 21:17:14

i was going to say what tony elkin just said , try moving further away when you have compatable rx mine wont bind in garage have to go outside garage, my tx is spectrum ds6e dsmx.

Thread: Redundant at 62!
16/09/2020 11:21:19

cliff, i was made redundant after 33 years at 63, company taken over and run by idiots who put us all out of work even with full order books, i went to Citizens advice to see what options i had , they gave me phone No`s and web sites to make enquiries, Pention credt via DWP was my life line as i was lucky?? in that i got redundancy pay, only half of what i should have got but was enough to live on for the two years untill retired officially, i ended up with nearly a grand a month which i double checked was right as it was the first time i had claimed for anything as have been fully employed since leaving school and obviosly was enough to pay bills etc and not use up all my redundancy money, defo worth a look, filled form in online so no hassle with letters, phone calls etc. Good luck and hope it all works out for you, Phil

Thread: Help needed with film covering
14/11/2019 00:05:27

Geoff tried all ways of parting backing to the point that i didn`t think it had any, am solarfilm only user untill this last J3 Cub and can vouch for hobbyking film is ok, tape trick works great, untill the sellotape sticks together DOH.

14/11/2019 00:03:45

Geoff tried all ways of parting backing to the point that i didn`t think it had any, am solarfilm only user untill this last J3 Cub and can vouch for hobbyking film is ok, tape trick works great, untill the sellotape sticks together DOH.

Thread: another noobie to site
13/11/2019 23:38:13

hi all, new to forum but have a few models under my belt, info on site very comendable, started 30 years ago with Precident Hi-Boy 4 channel trainer with OS40, lasted all of 10 seconds just as books read said it would without help, am in two clubs now in Staff`s and have just passed"A" test at 68 so hope to have a few years of flying in me.

Thread: Which servos for a Boomerang & a Nova 40
13/11/2019 22:50:38

bangood stuff takes a fair while to come from China [ up to a month] have used Corona servo`s in a few models without problems, if you do use Hobbyking make sure you check box E U and WORLDWIDE and use UK wharehouse as postage can be more than product, engine doctor is right, any reputable make will be ok in trainer its just making sure they are genuine and not rubbish coppies.

Thread: New to model flying but not new to RC
13/11/2019 22:32:53

don`t worry about Caa test,download DRONE CODE and all info there to pass test, most questions about drones, its about knowing Law and where you can and can`t fly, i have just done test out of curiosity as have "A" cert, got 20 out of 20 so not hard, 16 needed to pass, they want your £9 so do not want you to fail, test is free £9 is to register and you then get flying and reg I D No`s ,reg No to go on model.

Thread: Help needed with film covering
13/11/2019 22:05:18

thanks Bob and Julian works a treat, only ever used solarfilm before which has edge you can part backing.

08/11/2019 19:57:14

how do you get backing of hobbyking covering, am struggling tried heat, cutting edge no luck, thanks in advance.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Subscribe now
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!