By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eric Robson

Here is a list of all the postings Eric Robson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Forum weekend prize draw - just like the good ol' days
10/07/2020 13:17:08

I once entered a model railway layout in a competition, I lost on points. It was not a very good turn out.

Thread: Warbirds replicas Tempest
09/07/2020 12:26:37
Posted by Peter Miller on 09/07/2020 08:09:12:

But note that it is up on what will be the high point of the wing when the aircfraft is standing on the ground. Not anywhere near the trailing edge.

The leading edge would be caused by flying through heavy rain or even hail although,interestingly it does not seem to have efffected the cowl

Could be that the prop wash took it away from the cowl , I was more concerned wit the battering the inner wing panel had I have seen hail as big as choc bars filled with sand from the sahara which made a mess of the cars it the area .the outer wings on the Corsair have panels of doped fabric which would have been shattered by such hail .

Thread: Hawker Hart 72" span model designer identity and c of g?
09/07/2020 12:14:56

Just a thought, it does not matter how heavy or how light the model is the c of g should be in the same place. Unless the wing positions are not the same on one model as the ones on the plan you have.

Eric r.

Thread: Piper Twin Apache PA23 -150 74"
09/07/2020 00:33:42

Hi Danny, that's a nice looking model and a nice size workshop. Had the Fury out again with the tags on the struts, threw it about the sky ( it knife edges great) and the struts stayed on.

Cheers Eric.

Thread: Warbirds replicas Tempest
09/07/2020 00:14:21

Looks like they have had a celebration dance on the inner wing section each time they painted a kill logo.

They must have been Cors-air Brillo pads Richard!

08/07/2020 21:48:33

I think there has been more than soft leather shoes on this one.dsc_0618[802].jpg

Thread: Excellent service
07/07/2020 17:21:15

Ordered some accessories from Rapid R.C yesterday morning 10 am normal post, they arrived today 10 30 am. Great service from the company and Royal Mail.

Thread: Piper Twin Apache PA23 -150 74"
06/07/2020 15:13:08

Hi Danny, I've started on one of Richard Wills semi scale Spitfires it will take about 2 weeks if the weather stays as it is. After that the next build will have two wings or two engines or both as I have to many single engine planes. A Saro London would be a good subject.

Cheers Eric

06/07/2020 12:26:13

And I thought you took a long time to make the Fury! That looks good Danny, no problem cooling the motors.

Thread: S1581 Hawker Nimrod MkI
03/07/2020 18:49:35

There you go again weight saving, I use two brass tubes you get a great effect with two straws. Like it.laugh.

Thread: Eric's fury.
03/07/2020 15:41:18

After tensioning the rigging I had to file some more off the tag as I was unhappy with the way they sat on the wing. the amount extra left on the tag seemed insignificant so I tried this on the small tags, it fits in the slot and goes down the side of the main spar. Unless it snaps off it has to come a long way out. Fingers crossed.dsc_0617[795].jpg

03/07/2020 12:00:47

Hi Danny, if we have a long bad winter I would do it the way I done the first one only now I could print the formers and ribs off the plan. I don't think even the Sinclair Spectrum. was about when I made the first one. The engine was the most difficult part.

I think the extra may do the job on the struts along with careful tensioning and no nose over landings.

Cheers Eric.

03/07/2020 11:24:12

Hi Danny and all, this is the end of the D.Bryant Bulldog strut, the tag is much longer than the Fury. I never had problems with the struts popping out on the Bulldog. The wires did need tensioning now and again. That's why I made the Fury ones adjustable without disconnecting them.

I should stop looking at the Bulldog plan as I get a terrific urge to build another and there are no laser cut parts for it.indecisiondsc_0619[791].jpg

Edited By Eric Robson on 03/07/2020 11:25:14

03/07/2020 11:08:16

Hi Danny and all, the small brass fittings on Ernie's etching have a slightly shorter tag than the double v strut fitting. I have soldered 1mm piece of brass on the end of the small tags and after filing it down to just under a mm. it fits in the slot. weather this is enough to hold it in remains to be seen as the forecast is not good for the next few days.

03/07/2020 10:54:06

Hi Chris, my Grandson edited my video by taking out the background noise and said he would put it on you tube. I have only seen him briefly at the weekend as he lives a long way from me.

03/07/2020 07:44:32

Yes Danny I have just looked at the drawing and there is not a lot of room to extend them. I have been comparing the tags on the Bryant Bulldog plan and they are 6mm long compared with 3mm on the Fury. The Bulldog tags are fastened to the wings and fit in slots in the struts, this is easy to do on the Bulldog as the struts flare out at the ends. I am going to remove the struts on the Fury this morning and see if I can get any extra on the tag before it hits the strut.

Cheers Eric.

03/07/2020 07:25:05

Hi Danny, it looks terrific well worth the effort. This is the first time I have heard of Neuron esc's, I will have to get out more. I have had neurotic esc's in the past. I can't believe how you have kept the weight down so much I must be using lead impregnated wood on mine. Looking forward to your first flight and sound video, I have not found out how to upload mine to the forum yet.

Cheers Eric.

02/07/2020 20:55:05

Well it happened again the dreaded strut popping out this time after coming out of a loop. It nosed over on the previous landing (pilot error ) after righting it I taxied it back to the pits felt the wings and rigging all seemed well then after 5 mins flying a strut popped out fortunately just off the strip. I had to loosen the rigging to get it back in, as it happens after loosing the strut it flew on a full circuit and landed perfectly. I am looking at soldering another 3 mm on the end of the locating tags.

Eric r,

02/07/2020 10:36:57

Hi Danny, good to her you are getting to grips with technology, I am doomed to be a dinosaurindecision I would have loved to see and hear your Fury but I doubt that will happen this year.

Cheers Eric.

01/07/2020 21:26:25

Thanks Danny, these new fangled Tx's can be confusing I don't use a quarter of the things in mine but at least when I go to the field I can get on with flying instead of playing about with programmes. One of the best flyers in our club still uses an old Futaba 35 and still manages great flights with scale aircraft including twins.He doesn't do electrics either. If I make another biplane I will silver solder the rigging ad look into improving on it .

Cheers Eric.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!