By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eric Robson

Here is a list of all the postings Eric Robson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Banggood servos
23/11/2020 10:00:03

Good morning All, kc that was the first check I even put them in the wrong way to check they had not been wired wrong at the factory. Frank I tried another new Futaba RX straight from the box and it was just the same. the Spektrum works fine

Still confused Eric.

23/11/2020 00:01:27

Hi All, I used the same battery on all 3 sets, I also tried a 4 Max mini servo on the Futaba RX that worked OK too all the servos I tried were analogue, i even used a Y lead with different servos on the Futaba worked and the MG 90 did not.

Very strange , Cheers Eric.

22/11/2020 19:45:24

I recently bought 6 x MG 90S servos from Banggood ,I had a Futaba T-FHSS mono RX doing nothing so I set up and checked a servo, nothing happened on checking the other 5 none worked, I tried a Futaba servo it worked fine. Thinking to myself you only get what you pay for I will complain and see what happens. This morning out of curiosity I tried them on my Spektrum gear they all worked fine. Checked the Futaba nothing worked although a Hitech servo worked on the Futaba RX . I have a set of 35mh Futaba and set that up for the Banggood servos they all worked fine on the old Futaba set.

Has anyone had a similar experience and put it down to faulty servos?

Cheers Eric r.

Thread: Chris McG F-86 Sabre Dog build blog
21/11/2020 21:12:09

Hi Chris, I should have realised you were not gluing to a surface therefore thin card may have been a better choice. The important thing with card is the grain , curve it one way and its fine the other way it creases and looks awful. I use card to make the wing fillets on some of my electric models as there is no problems with fuel contamination. I drew this Magister up and built it about 15 yrs. ago the fillets were made from cereal packets and they are still good just one former at the rear.

In the 1970's and 80's IC. engines with rear exhausts and tuned pipes were popular Ideal for the dog as the exhaust could go through the fuselage and not stick out the side which spoils most scale planes with IC engines.

Cheers Eric.Magister

21/11/2020 10:21:08
Posted by McG 6969 on 19/11/2020 19:42:59:

1691_fin_fairing02_900.jpg

After drying, I had a lot of wrinkles probably due to the retraction of the pinned parts.

I guess back to the ‘pondering table’ is the only answer here.

Well, ‘you can’t win them all’, can you?

Hakuna matata & stay careful all

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Fin Fairing (Un)Control

Hi Chris, since building a Warbirds Replicas Spitfire I have been using brown paper covering. On Richard Wills recommendation I have used the cheap Poundland B/P with diluted PVA . Work from the centre to the edge by hand or fingers then ironed on, I have just covered a tail plane made of depron for my Seafury with the brown paper method at a reduced iron temperature and it has made it very strong and only added 4g . Pre ducted fan days I always had a desire to build your version as a spinner on the front would look ok for an I/C powered model.

Keep up the good work. Another silent till now follower

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
20/11/2020 07:32:30

I spent some time in America working on one of the machines supplied by the company I worked for. This was a troublesome machine and it took ten weeks of mods and setting up . I had one of their fitters working with me he was half Japanese, one day I went into the work shop, as I walked in he shouted out Here comes Eric the Englishman, I would not trust an Englishman as far as I could throw him! All the other fitters looked round as I replied and I would not trust a Jap past Pearl Harbour!. to a great cheer from all. I must add we got on very well together.

Thread: My late lamented Sea Fury
20/11/2020 07:10:57

Good morning David, I use UHU POR for most internal gluing , the fin is quite large so I made a balsa frame (from the scrap box) and used aliphatic resin to glue the 1/16" sheet depron on as it had to be sanded , the problem with UHU is when sanding, it tends to catch the glue and pull it out as it remains flexible for a long time. Using wood glues on foam is ok if it can get the air to dry it, I once glued the undercarriage blocks into a foam wing with PVA and months later when I went to fly it the blocks came out on landing and the glue was still fluid . It had only dried around the edge. I have made a few aeroplanes from depron and they all flew well but the depron I have left is the last I could get as it is out of production. I have 4 conventional kits to build so that will keep me going for a while the only reason I made this one was to replace the small one which I had a lot of good flying with. Still following your Condor build.

Cheers Eric.

19/11/2020 23:24:44

Now the wing is fitted I can concentrate on the cowl and engine mount, I had to drill the dowel holes before the front former was glued on. I need to make the tail end up before the last sheeting is fitted to the rear, depending on the balance I may fit the rudder and elevator servo at the rear. The small canopy is off the written off Seafury I have ordered a Brian Taylor Tempest canopy which will have to be cut down to fit , but only slightly. Speaking to Sarik yesterday they are still suppling complete kits so they must have bought up a lot of the balsa._20201119_225441[1151].jpg

Thread: A Shortage Of Balsa And Lipo's, Where Do We Go From Here?
19/11/2020 09:13:38

How to become a millionaire, tell the government you can get them all the lithium and cobalt they need , does not matter if it's out of date just stick a new label on and get £16,000,000 . Helps if your Spanish.

Thread: Curtis Condor biplane twin
18/11/2020 22:41:06

Hi David, I know how you feel when you don't get any feed back, I think a lot of modellers are interested but when you build a model most would not build then they can't relate to it so they watch but don't comment. as alan p says look at the views.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
18/11/2020 18:33:24
Posted by john stones 1 on 18/11/2020 15:27:28:

Love your Voodoo Gary. yes

Voo doo, so do I

18/11/2020 14:07:45

I was told that depron does not have a grain , on forming the tighter curves 0n the rear fuselage one piece cracked, I cut another piece out from the sheet and curved it the other way and it formed ok. I found that curving it over the edge of a bench sometimes creased it so I tried over the back of a dining chair with a curved back and found it would bend much more without creasing. _20201118_135446[1147].jpg

Thread: A Shortage Of Balsa And Lipo's, Where Do We Go From Here?
18/11/2020 12:19:22

I suppose we will have to follow the trend and go for wind power and build foam and liteply gliders.

17/11/2020 00:03:56

Port side exhaust outlet started.dsc_0722[1140].jpg

16/11/2020 23:51:38

Thanks Martian, are you feeling any better? I'm making it up as I go half of the time. Now I have the top of the wing sheeted I am back on the fuselage getting the wing seat right , it is a bit tricky where the exhausts exit.

16/11/2020 18:45:57

Making progress, don't think I will fit flaps ,on our site there are few days without wind and as it will be a light aeroplane I will keep it simple.dsc_0720[1137].jpg

Thread: Curtis Condor biplane twin
16/11/2020 16:33:30

Sign of the times David, I made some ribs for a Sea fury I am busy, with they all had jig tabs on which have been cut off and kept instead of binned. it will be a faff but most of them will make ribs for the ailerons. Those old designs were fond of using solid balsa for the rear end I've always built them up for economy and weight saving.

15/11/2020 19:31:55

Looking good David , a nice set of ribs ,I applaud your patience cutting wing ribs is my least favorite job

15/11/2020 19:19:27

Not happy with the centre section I started again , the outer panels are covered on the top I still have some webs to fill in and the servos to fit. I need to make two sub ribs of light ply to support the wing bolt plate then I can sheet the centre section.dsc_0719[1135].jpg

Thread: Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang
15/11/2020 10:16:26

I always preferred the look of the early Mustang and the A36 Apache, they seemed to have a sleek look at the front with the upper air intake and the radiator intake behind the wing did not seem so prominent.

funny how the Apache was always in the shadows of the other Mustangs .

Talking of the power of the Memsahib, one word from me and the kids done what they like, one word from her and they did as they were told.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Subscribe now
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!