By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eric Robson

Here is a list of all the postings Eric Robson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Ju88 Night Fighter build
27/10/2020 08:48:56

I wish Paul, I was referring to the full size . I hope you are back to good health now, looking forward to seeing the Mustang finished.

26/10/2020 23:10:54

Thanks Maurice, I have been thinking of making a Sea fury or Brian Taylor Fw190 in foam board depron and ply. I have the plans for the Fw190 and also the B.T. Tempest The Seafury wing was taken from the Tempest and a section removed from the centre to reduce the span to 38ft. just need to draw up the fuselage and tail end.

Thread: Will old electric motors ever have the fascination that IC engines do?
26/10/2020 20:17:38

I have 2 Me 109's both about 65" span a scale electric. and a sport scale i/c with a Saito 125 fs. they both fly well but give me the i/c one anytime for sound and duration, at the moment our field entrance is a quagmire, this is where electric is good, small case with batteries and t/x in one hand model in the other.

Just to look at it from another angle in the future will modellers have a yearning for long gone foamies like we fondly look back on Junior and Super Sixty's. At least we can make these models from plans, only problem looming is a shortage of balsa. How about a foam board Black Magic?

26/10/2020 19:57:34
Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 26/10/2020 17:42:44:

Ahh right , Yes they look too big , nice though , How about building two Fw190s to fit the spinners ?

Ok , maybe not .

Don't think I need another 2 FW190'S.

dsc_0576[1084].jpg

26/10/2020 17:27:01

Thanks Ron and Richard, spent a lot of time modifying the cowls ,I have taken the cooling gills off and extended the nacelle, need to paint it as yet. The paint on the cowl is out of the same can as the rest of the yellow, it actually is more of a sand colour than it appears. I think the spinners are too big and would look more at home on a Focke Wulf 190.dsc_0685[1076].jpg

25/10/2020 20:46:36

Managed to get some more paint on today, the green needs toning down, a little heavy with the rattle can in places. Still the cockpit area to attend to and the cowls.dsc_0683[1073].jpg

25/10/2020 09:56:41

Fuselage and wing painted top and bottom, I used rattle cans, the yellow is primer the underside is Ford Nordic blue which is almost an exact match, it is a 1970's colour so I was surprised to find it on the shelf at Halfords. They only had 2 in stock so I took both the second for my Me 110 which I am going to twist Richards arm for another batch, I think pigs will fly first as the first batch sales were poor , lots of interest but no commitment .However with the balsa disappearing we may see a resurge in foam veneered kits. dsc_0680[1069].jpg

Thread: Ebay sellers...
24/10/2020 16:34:07
Posted by kevin b on 24/10/2020 16:13:51:

Now here's an interesting project for somebody. There is definitely "mould" involved.

**LINK**

He also has a moulded body of a Hurricane probably from the or something mould. There was a firm doing fibreglass fuselages and foam wings of ww2 warplanes in the 1970's they were very heavy. Looks like one of those as the cowl had to be cut off , unless you can get a foam wing its not a lot of use as there is no balsa about just now.

Thread: K5682 - Martyn's Fury
23/10/2020 23:58:25

Looking good Martin. I suppose any method different to traditional will take some getting used to but it's all coming good. I bought 10mtrs. of Oratex for mine intending to use the remainder on another biplane project, good job I have been given a D.B. Sport and scale Albatross that needs covering as it looks like balsa for a new build is going to be scarce.

Where have you been hiding Danny ? it is a while since you have posted.

Cheers Eric.

Thread: Dom Smith F7F-3 Tigercat
23/10/2020 21:03:10

Hi Martian, this balsa situation is a right pain I have the parts for a Brian Taylor Tempest and most of the balsa but I don't know if I have enough. I don't know if you are near to a Hobby Craft store you may be able to get some there I think they saw this coming as their prices were a lot higher than Slec and Balsa Cabin. Hope you are well

Eric.

23/10/2020 17:40:12

Hi Martin, just measured mine it is 75" span, the kit comes with flaps as the wing is foam veneered the flaps and ailerons are ready cut with a with a fine trailing edge, the front and ends have to be capped with supplied balsa. The tail plane rudder fin and fuselage top and rear lower are also foam veneered so not a lot of balsa involved, which could be a good thing due to the present shortage. At this point mine weighs 7lb ,batteries weigh 1.6lb so I should keep it under 10lbs.

Cheers Eric.

23/10/2020 09:48:03
Posted by cymaz on 23/10/2020 06:42:39:

Stealth plane for sale, invisible to the naked eye

Edited By cymaz on 23/10/2020 06:43:05

I don't know how to upload an image from e bay but on the same page there was a B25 Mitchell advertised as a B25 Liberator. starting price £20. Makes you wonder where it came from.

23/10/2020 00:20:28

Thanks Maurice, I am well on now with the electrics ,undercarriage sorted , not sure what to do with the cowls as they were not radial engines but annular radiators on the model I'm building. I hope you don't have to long a wait for yours.

Cheers Eric.

Thread: Design & Build Junkers F.13
23/10/2020 00:04:19

Hi Chris, some were actually sold to Japan. Finding a livery to match the crew may be difficult.

Great project Robert looking good.

21/10/2020 23:35:28

Hi All, today I managed to undercoat the wing. The motors are wired up and the control rods are in position just the flap servos to locate and connect up. I could fly it in primer but I will wait till the painting is done, as the weather is not good for the next few days I will be able to get on with it. dsc_0679[1064].jpg

20/10/2020 21:35:11

Hi All, not a lot to show at the moment, it is not good painting weather so I have been preparing the electrics.

I recommend this kit to any one who wants an easy build twin the cutting of the foam and the veneering is first class with knife edge flying surfaces. There is also a good range of colour scheme's and if you don't like the German markings some captured aircraft had British and American markings. The back up from Richard is first class .Can't wait to get it up in the air.

Cheers Eric.

17/10/2020 08:25:25
Posted by leccyflyer on 16/10/2020 22:49:28:

Over a grand for a 69" span Bf109

He is not charging for the damage, wonder how much it would be if it was perfect?

16/10/2020 22:30:55

Plodding on, the lack of good flying weather has enabled me to push on with the Ju88. It is now covered in brown paper and the fuselage has an under coat of rattle can primer. Control surfaces to be pinned and linkage to be made up, another Homer Simpson moment I forgot to put the wires through for the esc's. If I can't squeeze them through the holes through the wing alongside the other wire's I will have to cut trough's through the underside of the wing skin, doh! The Me 109 has been fitted with a sound system so next fine day I will be testing that out. dsc_0674[1058].jpgdsc_0673[1060].jpg

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
16/10/2020 14:41:17

An Eskimo feeling the cold bought a paraffin heater heater for his kayak, hitting some rough water the heater overturned and burnt the kayak out. Morel, You can't have your Kayak and heat it.

Thread: New scam alert!
15/10/2020 10:26:15

I've had 3 calls in the last 2 days supposedly from B.T. all with a very Asian accent and English names. The first one said good morning my name is Jack ,how are you today? I replied I'm alright Jack and put the Phone down. Some time later Dave asked the same question. I just hung up Third one was John I suspect it was Jack, on asking how I was I started rambling on about the weather and moaning about not being able to go flying because of the rain, cutting him off when he tried to talk, he gave up before me.

Edited By Eric Robson on 15/10/2020 10:27:48

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Subscribe now
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!