By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Exaur

Here is a list of all the postings Exaur has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: NEW POLL - Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
10/04/2020 12:53:05

Lockdown has finally given me time to clear out my shed and do the building I had planned for the winter 2 years ago. First balsa building for more than 20 years. I've also subscribed to this Forum and to RCM&E Digital for tips, backissues etc.yes

First;rainbow for anyone working in health services, many many thanks, hope you all get rewarded. And for anyone in RC model business still working please be careful and take time to stay safe sending out orders (like mine)!

I now have "mass produced" fuselages on jig for kits purchased at a show last year, West Wings Pinto. Cambria Elan 100, Cliffwhacker, Astro Hog (from plan, not started yet). Pinto wings in progress - it's a lovely simple kit with great wood.

I'll be here on the Forum for advice a bit ! Next up will be something to spray the models with, i'm getting to grips with airbrush vs mini spray gun vs touch up gun vs spray gun, needle sizes and compressor noise, HP and CFM. So much to understand just to do some painting!

Cheers, Bob

Thread: Saito FG19-R3 and small gas engines, how noisy
10/04/2020 12:24:19

Thanks for your info on this and sorry about late reply. I gathered that it was not too powerful and a bit heavy and my model should have correspondingly large wing, short nose and long tail ! I had watched the video before but not really listened to what he was saying, and yes he says it is "quiet", might go for the glow version now I have discovered the price difference though !!

Thanks again.

PS Maybe someone associated with engines could stitch together lots of MP3 of different model engine/airframe noises, tickover, slow pass, full power - a bit like the old vinyl LPs of steam engine noises our Grandads used to buy, it must have been done somewhere.

03/04/2020 13:58:11

I see there are a few postings on here about gas engine noise, and an RCME article back in 2011. I am interested in a Saito 19cc FG19-R3 engine, possibly with a ring exhaust (I like the sound, which seems to be the only point of IC Vs electric). It would be great to have some advice about whether it would be feasible to get below the BMFA 82dbA limit with this engine. Happy to use big prop and limit RPM if it helps. Its a lot of cash to part with if this is going to be a challenge.

Many thanks for any info, regards Bob

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!