By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for FlyinBrian

Here is a list of all the postings FlyinBrian has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Gee Bee Models Dreamer Bipe
31/08/2019 10:39:54
Posted by mal brewer on 21/08/2019 13:16:06:

Looks just like the Aero Master Bipe from the 70's ? Flew well no vices . That came with a choice of wing section If memory serves .........……..

The Aeromaster came with a choice of wingspans, 48" or 52", on either both wings, or single pair of wings,and a choice of wing planform, either straight winged, or swept back wings. Don't recall a choice of wing section, though. I have a kit for an Aeromaster here,and can't find any mention of wing section change,although mine is one of the later kits with the radial cowl...…………….Mal

Ah yes the Aeromaster, IIRC it was designed in the '60s - fantastic model, I have built six of them, am presently flying one I built about ten years ago and have a kit tucked away just in case. I built the first one from a plan I borrowed from Ken Binks. My current one is a "Super Aeromaster" that was kitted by Great planes but I built this one from the plan. Rather than using rubber bands the wings and u/c are all bolted on. I leave it fully assembled and it fits nicely in my Peugeot 3008.

Thread: When you think you're to experienced to make a simple mistake, you're not!
26/08/2019 12:13:42

DOH!

Thread: Brian Winch
25/08/2019 18:12:22

I communicated with Brian a few times about old engines, he was always helpful and patient.

RIP Winchy, you will be missed.

Thread: Broken servo arm screw
24/08/2019 17:55:25

Can you get a replacement gear set?

Thread: Hi from Lincoln
06/08/2019 13:18:16

A WOT4 from a Kit would be a good bet, not really a trainer but keep the rates down and power with a .40 or .46 and you should be OK. Get someone to maiden it for you and get it trimmed then you should be fine.

Good Luck

(I am also in the Bardney club but do not get there often as it is a fair distance from home).

Thread: Skyleader Clubman Super 35Mhz TX battery wiring
10/07/2019 13:38:22

I bought a Skyleader SLX6 (27Meg) in about 1975/6, I had an initial issue with glitching which took a few visits to Croydon airport to get sorted, the rx was eventually changed and from then on I never had a problem.

I eventually sold it to a mate who had emigrated to Australia & already was using Skyleader. He used for several more years. Excellent radio.

Thread: Soldering Stations
06/07/2019 18:13:25

" For heavier work, such as silver-soldering undercarriages, I use a 80W uncontrolled Antex iron with a 10mm (I think) chisel bit."

Silver soldering requires much more heat than an iron can give, a blow torch is needed. I would not silver solder an undercart as the heat would remove the temper from the piano wire.

Thread: Car indicators
06/07/2019 18:08:01

"I once followed a police car round a roundabout, he took the third exit as I did."

Was it a BMW?

Thread: Beginner Questions
06/07/2019 18:03:15

IF you are determined to go it alone (not advised) then the HK Bixler is a good trainer. No wheels and a motor mounted high at the back of the wing so should not easily be damaged when landing.

Having said that I would still STRONGLY recommend joining a club.

Thread: Solartex & Solarfilm - & other heat shrinks
04/07/2019 11:36:53

HobbyKing film is great but dont overheat as if it shrinks back at the edges it leaves a white deposit. This can be removed with cellulose thinner, white spirit etc.

Thread: Merco Engines
25/06/2019 11:11:21

I have to say my experience of Merco engines was mixed, I had a 35 RC which was great and a twin plug .61 that was rubbish. I was so pleased when HP engines appeared.

Thread: Windmill
25/06/2019 11:04:42

I had a Robot in the late '60s early 70s. Originally single channel with a Frog 1.5cc diesel it eventually progressed to 3ch propo with a 2.5cc Oliver Tiger.

Thread: Transmitter / receiver issues, help needed pls
20/06/2019 11:59:47

It does indeed sound like a power problem, the ESC's BEC (Battery Elimination Circuit) can not handle all servos at once. Either get a new ESC with a BEC of min 3 Amps or use a NiMH 4 /5 cell battery pack to power the RX/servos. If you use a battery you will need to remove the red wire on the ESC lead that plugs into the Rx.

Good luck

Thread: Where's all the stock?
26/04/2019 10:43:47

August before last I bought a Multiplex Heron RR for £300 delivered from Kings Lyn model shop. It has been great. It is beutifully bade, takes minutes to install the receiver and you are ready to go (obviously have to set your Tx to suit)

It flys really well, soars well in any hint of lift and is quite aerobatic.

Thread: Engine choice for a Veron Super Robot
25/04/2019 10:24:24

My original single channel Robot (c1967) was adequately powered by a 1.5 cc Frog diesel.

Thread: Holding screws in
24/04/2019 11:41:16

Small "O" rings on the M3 bolts or as abve slivers of silicon fuel tube.

Thread: Setting up for Flaps
27/03/2019 11:49:19

Take a look here, works great on my MPX Herron

LINK

Thread: Does your club prohibit the use of after-market receivers?
23/03/2019 11:42:17

Obviously clubs are free to make rules as they see fit but Andy Symons has stated that it is not a requirement of the BMFA insurers that the rx should be the same make as the Tx.

If such a rule were to be made why stop at the rx.? - should the servos, extn leads and batteries also be of the same manufacture as the Tx & Rx?

I have used many Orange DSM2 rx over the last 10 years without issue mainly in small electric or foamy models where a £50 plus rx can not be justified.

I have recently got a Futaba 14SG tx which came with an R7008SB rx, these rx retail at c£100 which I am not prepared to pay for most models. I have bought a few FRSKY FAAST compatible rx at £23 a pop which seem absolutely fine.

Thread: Malcolm Corbin Easy Street
01/03/2019 22:09:29

I have an ARTF Easy street sitting in my shed, I doubt I will ever get round to building it.

Thread: OS 46 FX
27/02/2019 10:57:57

The FX range were the first to suffer from the peeling liner issue, my .46 suffered from this, eventually fixed under warranty. I do not recall any black goo though just a lack of compression.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Addlestone Models
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us