By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bucksboy

Here is a list of all the postings Bucksboy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hitec Optima Aerial Mount
25/07/2019 16:44:37

Use a fat straw from your favourite fast food place, hot glue gun the straw in place, insert aerial.

Thread: D****s - again!
02/07/2019 04:30:05

I fly DJI Phantoms as part of my job but in Eastern Ukraine, we regularly lose them to gunfire. I fly around 80-100metres high and it’s common to attract gunfire. This ranges from half a dozen shots to several guns on fully automatic. Of course, no one has any idea where those bullets go after they miss. I’ve lost one to two shots so the soldier was either lucky or a good shot. I’ve also lost them to heavy machine guns but every man was letting rip as I tried to evade them. So whilst most of them live to fly another day, they can certainly be shot down. I doubt if any soldier or Police officer in the UK would risk shooting at one that was floating about up in the air.

Thread: Local club attendance
01/07/2019 14:17:42

We've got one hundred members and struggle to get people to the field. Not that I can talk, I work abroad so I'm one of the 85 who rarely attend.

We've got a camera that can be accessed via the club website. The idea being that you can see the pits area and car park so you can see who else is there.

Thread: One Man Swap Meet.
27/06/2019 20:16:24

Dwain,

Which part of the country are you?

Thanks

Bucks

Thread: Is it now time for cyclists to wear an identifier and pay a tax?
21/06/2019 14:26:01

I'm against the suggestion, it's unenforceable. We cannot Police the roads adequately now, driving standards have fallen in recent years and there is a correlation to Police numbers despite what the PM says. If we cannot Police cars that are identified with insured and licensed drivers (well most of them anyway) how are we going to cope with cyclists? The vast percentage of whom are law abiding. I know we all see poor cycling behaviour but in reality it is a low percentage.

Everyone moans at the Police Officer issuing a ticket for no safety belt, using a phone, speeding etc. The standard line is 'why aren't you catching burglars/rapists?' But then we all moan about the poor standards that have resulted by reducing traffic law enforcement. We reap what we sow, it ain't going to get better for a long time.

Imagine the law comes in, the law abiding cyclist complies with all requirements. The reckless cyclist won't and therefore the whole reason for the law is made a mockery. Exactly the same point as MattyB makes above.

Thread: Design & Build Dornier Do 24
10/03/2019 20:39:39

Have a look at the Bucks Composites site, he gives advice on glassing using foam rollers. I’ve glassed four planes and it gives great results and very easy to do.

Thread: Big Trouble in Model Britain
10/03/2019 08:55:44

I too enjoyed the show. I watched a similar programme years ago about train collectors. One chap explained that he used to buy two examples of every train he bought. One to display in its box, it was never removed. The second one wasn’t even removed from the transit packaging to maximise its value in years to come. I remember thinking that he could be in for a big surprise when he sold the brown paper wrapped package some years later.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
02/03/2019 22:03:43

I saw the writing on the wall and bought kits whilst I had the chance. There was a big discussion on here about the demise of building kits as opposed to buying ready made foamies. I’ve got foamies, they’re great but I really enjoy building too.

Ill take some snaps of the bigger one and post them, it’s virtually the same kit just a big bigger.

02/03/2019 08:58:49

88f18b56-2d06-4d84-9953-d6bd4a971cc2.jpegI successfully flew this for the first time yesterday. It’s a Warbird Replica La7, the smaller 57” version. It’s electric using their motor and FMS spinner and 3 bladed prop. It’s not finished yet and I’ll get on and finish the detailing, the Solartrim stickers have lost their grip so I’ll paint the stars on. I’ll draw a few panel lines and weather it up a bit too. It’s painted with Matchpots over brown paper covering.

It went together really easily, it’s very simple. The beauty of it is that you can add, alter or glue extra bits on to cover mistakes, it’s a model plane after all.

I’ve made a start on it’s bigger brother but that one will have a Laser 80 up front, luckily I already have one.

33df6f4f-20a8-4a5a-a10b-6a9beb8a2be3.jpeg

Thread: YAD (Yet Another Drone) and its idiot
21/02/2019 20:17:26

Oops, wrong thread.  Sorry 

Edited By Bucksboy on 21/02/2019 20:41:00

Edited By Bucksboy on 21/02/2019 20:41:38

Thread: Futaba Orange fasst rx aerial installation
04/02/2019 14:52:58

It’s just the bared bit at the end that needs to be at 90 degrees. On Futaba these are silver, I don’t know about your receivers.

Edited By Bucksboy on 04/02/2019 14:53:30

Thread: Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc
02/02/2019 15:15:04

You could slide a piece of the original blue outer over the exposed yellow to support it. But this time you'd have to support this 'extra' piece of outer as it's receiving no support itself. That would mean glueing a long triangular fillet between the outer and the fuselage. From the side you'd hardly notice it and once in the air it would be impossible to spot.

Of the two methods I'd prefer the long threaded steel insert into the middle of the yellow inner. The whole snake run looks nice and straight so the longest piece that will fit without causing fouling would be best. Use a power drill to grip the threaded rod to wind it in, the friction makes it hard to accomplish by hand.

I hope this helps.

01/02/2019 19:08:07

Robert,

I wasn't too far off, Ebay has 12" of stainless steel 2mm studding for £5. Expensive for a short, thin rod but if it sorts out the problem....

01/02/2019 18:37:03

You can buy short sections, 6 inches I seem to remember, of 2mm threaded rod. Wind that into the yellow inner so its well into the fuselage, just leaving a short section to screw the clevis onto. That will support the yellow snake internally making it stronger. I seem to remember they were expensive, about £2 each but you only need one. Two if the rudder is the same.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
14/01/2019 21:13:40

Ed, I’ve sent you a private message.

14/01/2019 16:53:36

Alas, untouched and still in the box.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
11/01/2019 21:44:10

8e270ea0-6e9f-4e90-aa2a-27c4b9931c5f.jpegHere’s my Flightline RC Spitfire, it flew beautifully not long after this snap was taken.

Thread: Gatwick drone incident
20/12/2018 15:12:59

Shooting a drone down is not as easy at it sounds. I fly drones /UAV’s, call them what you want, professionally. I fly either the Phantom or Inspire around 100m above the ground. I don’t fly in the UK though. The drone is shot at very regularly where I work, with fully automatic weapons and very often there are several soldiers shooting at it. We’ve only lost 4 uavs in a year, yet we experience shooting twice a week, every week. I accept we never hover the machine but a shotgun would never reach us nor a water cannon. Jamming the GPS signal is the most effective but that doesn’t cause the machine to fall out of the sky and it’s not only us affected by it either.

Thread: Setting up a remote webcam at the clubs fields
10/12/2018 15:42:38

Colin,

I've sent you a PM. Thanks.

Thread: Amazon Black Friday Sale
16/11/2018 17:38:05

Have a look at Airtek Hobbies, they’re £5 cheaper than Amazon already. I use them for things and have had excellent service.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us