By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bucksboy

Here is a list of all the postings Bucksboy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: YAD (Yet Another Drone) and its idiot
21/02/2019 20:17:26

Oops, wrong thread.  Sorry 

Edited By Bucksboy on 21/02/2019 20:41:00

Edited By Bucksboy on 21/02/2019 20:41:38

Thread: Futaba Orange fasst rx aerial installation
04/02/2019 14:52:58

It’s just the bared bit at the end that needs to be at 90 degrees. On Futaba these are silver, I don’t know about your receivers.

Edited By Bucksboy on 04/02/2019 14:53:30

Thread: Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc
02/02/2019 15:15:04

You could slide a piece of the original blue outer over the exposed yellow to support it. But this time you'd have to support this 'extra' piece of outer as it's receiving no support itself. That would mean glueing a long triangular fillet between the outer and the fuselage. From the side you'd hardly notice it and once in the air it would be impossible to spot.

Of the two methods I'd prefer the long threaded steel insert into the middle of the yellow inner. The whole snake run looks nice and straight so the longest piece that will fit without causing fouling would be best. Use a power drill to grip the threaded rod to wind it in, the friction makes it hard to accomplish by hand.

I hope this helps.

01/02/2019 19:08:07

Robert,

I wasn't too far off, Ebay has 12" of stainless steel 2mm studding for £5. Expensive for a short, thin rod but if it sorts out the problem....

01/02/2019 18:37:03

You can buy short sections, 6 inches I seem to remember, of 2mm threaded rod. Wind that into the yellow inner so its well into the fuselage, just leaving a short section to screw the clevis onto. That will support the yellow snake internally making it stronger. I seem to remember they were expensive, about £2 each but you only need one. Two if the rudder is the same.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
14/01/2019 21:13:40

Ed, I’ve sent you a private message.

14/01/2019 16:53:36

Alas, untouched and still in the box.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
11/01/2019 21:44:10

8e270ea0-6e9f-4e90-aa2a-27c4b9931c5f.jpegHere’s my Flightline RC Spitfire, it flew beautifully not long after this snap was taken.

Thread: Gatwick drone incident
20/12/2018 15:12:59

Shooting a drone down is not as easy at it sounds. I fly drones /UAV’s, call them what you want, professionally. I fly either the Phantom or Inspire around 100m above the ground. I don’t fly in the UK though. The drone is shot at very regularly where I work, with fully automatic weapons and very often there are several soldiers shooting at it. We’ve only lost 4 uavs in a year, yet we experience shooting twice a week, every week. I accept we never hover the machine but a shotgun would never reach us nor a water cannon. Jamming the GPS signal is the most effective but that doesn’t cause the machine to fall out of the sky and it’s not only us affected by it either.

Thread: Setting up a remote webcam at the clubs fields
10/12/2018 15:42:38

Colin,

I've sent you a PM. Thanks.

Thread: Amazon Black Friday Sale
16/11/2018 17:38:05

Have a look at Airtek Hobbies, they’re £5 cheaper than Amazon already. I use them for things and have had excellent service.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
28/10/2018 17:21:14

I'm afraid to say I agree with you. Thanks for replying though.

28/10/2018 14:23:04

I’ll ask then, how many orders do you need to produce a kit? One that doesn’t leave you out of pocket?

Thread: log in
26/10/2018 08:22:04

Mine constantly asks me to log in, even if I tick the ‘remember me’ box. But there isn’t a box to write a reply unless you are logged so I’m confused about how you write a reply without logging in first.

Thread: Drone problems...
22/10/2018 15:07:36

I can offer no solution, the manufacturers have made them so very easy to fly, anyone with the money, can and does fly as we all know. The trouble is I can see no help over the horizon either. The Police have been cut beyond effectiveness so it will be near the bottom of their list of priorities even if you call them, and I'm retired Plod myself. In your case you can actually see the pilot, so the Police have got someone to talk to should they arrive in time. Most cases you wont know where the pilot is, even if the officer see's the drone in the sky, how do they find the pilot to talk to? I also now fly them professionally but not in the UK and regularly get them (DJI brand) over 4km away from me.

My club does allow and encourage them but there does seem to be the belief that once you've bought the machine, all responsibility for flying it safely and within the law can be ignored. A modern problem that will only get worse I'm afraid.

Edited By Bucksboy on 22/10/2018 15:08:34

Thread: For those that are always flying into trees or walls
08/10/2018 15:06:25

I saw one from two years ago that mimicked a mosquito. The theory was that the machine could fly somewhere, then attached itself to the wall or whatever surface. This allowed it to conserve power whilst the camera streamed pictures to the rescue services. As the situation changed, the machine could then fly to another perch to get a better view. It used large but very slender legs to grip, just like this one but it was quad copter based.

Thread: Hitec Aurora 9 help please
06/10/2018 14:46:55

I use the Aurora, I'll try to help. What is an RC exp V2.0 fill switch though?

Thread: Flightline Spitfire?
01/10/2018 17:01:03

I hope so, mine arrived last week! All the reviews suggest it’s a well designed plane that flies well and looks great. Mine won’t fly until November though so I’ve got to wait a bit longer yet.

Thread: Laser cut parts
27/09/2018 15:57:15

When I first started building from laser cut parts I was unsure how the charring would affect the glue. I tested numerous parts, some heavily charred, some sanded off. I then deliberately broke the joints, I couldn’t notice a jot of difference and consequently never bother about the charring, I glue them as they come. I use cyno a lot if this makes any difference.

Thread: Flightline 1600mm Spitfires????????
22/09/2018 19:08:24

I've just ordered mine from Motion RC Europe, they're now showing out of stock so I must have ordered one of their last ones. I looked at the upgrades and I could buy a 3d printed cockpit set for about £25. But, at the moment they're allowing you to download the files and print your own for free. Well, in my case, get a friend to print them for you. The downside is that I'm not home until November to fly it. laugh

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
Airtek Hobbies
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
CML
Revoc
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us