By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bucksboy

Here is a list of all the postings Bucksboy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: DH 91 Albatross
02/06/2018 12:45:15

Very impressive, please keep the posts coming. They're very informative.

Thread: The 2018 Transmitter Survey!
09/04/2018 16:44:57

Hitec Aurora. A great, easy to use transmitter. Same as The Wright Stuff, still works, no reason to change.

Thread: Richard Osborn-Brooks
05/04/2018 16:32:07

So, the Police are called, there's someone dead and the house owner says it was self defence. I've absolutely no doubt this may turn out to be true. But, should the Copper just say ok and walk off? The moment he starts to investigate and ask questions the law cuts in and the Copper has to follow certain actions and procedures. All of which are laid down by Parliament not the Police themselves.

How do I know? Because I was a Policeman and turned up at a house at 2 am with a householder holding a knife and a dead man in the hall. What to do? You're on your own, help is 20 minutes away and you've got to make a decision that everyone else will debate for hours after consulting the law books for weeks. A luxury I didn't have.

Newspapers are there to sell newspapers, nothing else is allowed to get in the way, the more salacious the story the better.

The report on the Manchester Bombing was very telling. There was a huge section in the report which savaged the Press and their behaviour. What did the Press report? That the Manchester Fire and Rescue Service held off due to a breakdown in communication. What about the coverage reporting their disgraceful behaviour? Not a word.

Hopefully the Police treated the man with all due respect and dignity but he had to be arrested so he could give an account of himself, after taking legal advice if need be. The account needs to be tape recorded otherwise we'll have years of arguing about who said what. There are a hundred reasons, all of which are law, as to why he had to be arrested.

Good luck to him.

Thread: Durafly Tundra
29/03/2018 17:31:09

Blimey, have we got the same plane? I use a Hitec receiver and gear and can't remember having any problems at all. I use 2200 3 cell batteries, shove them in and fly, it's a great plane. The flaps are very effective but does cause the plane to climb on dropping the flaps. Lands and takes off on a sixpence when using flaps too, a real fun plane.

Thread: Windermere Model Waterplane flyers events 2018
09/03/2018 19:21:59

I've never been lucky enough to fly off water but my TN Sunderland is a delight to fly, I never found it too heavy. It drags itself off after sliding over grass whenever I forget my dolly. The plane is huge but is it's a big empty fuselage.

Thread: 35 mhz - any value
06/03/2018 14:12:08

I had trouble giving my away Futaba receivers two years ago at my club. I think I managed to give away two in total, like everything, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I couldn't find anyone.

Thread: Spring 2018 is here...been flying?
01/03/2018 18:46:49

I think experience has a lot to do with it. I'm working in Eastern Ukraine at the moment, we had 3" of snow today alone. This is on top of the existing stuff that has turned to solid ice over the Winter. There are no gritters, snow ploughs or anything, they don't salt the roads, nothing. The agencies that would do these have totally collapsed. It falls to -20C overnight and struggles to get to -10C during the day. And yet, cars, buses and lorries continue to slip and slide but generally reach their location. Admittedly some can afford studded tyres but most cars are doing well to have visible tread on them, never mind studs. Most cars here would be scrapped by British standards. But everyone carries on here fairly much as normal, I can only assume that it's because they get a lot of practice each and every year.

Thread: Which drone package would you recommend?
25/02/2018 14:29:41

Anything that has the letters DJI in front. I use the Phantom, Mavic and Inspire 2 for work (but not in the UK) and they are faultless. They just work, each and every time. I've not tried the Spark or new Mavic Air though but I'd expect them to well sorted too.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
20/01/2018 14:29:02

No, I've not managed to make a start at all. I took delivery just after Christmas. Thanks to Richard he kept hold of the box until I was able to arrange delivery. I've had time to get it all out of the box, pack it all back in the box and then return to work abroad. That's where it will sit for some considerable months I'm afraid, together with the 110.

The worst thing is that I have the time over here to build, I could easily bring the tools over but I'd never get the parts back again. Everything has to fit in a medium suitcase and nothing worth building will fit in for the return journey. Luckily I fly UAV's here so I whilst I do get a form of modelling fun it's nowhere near 'normal' model flying. I fly, fix and repair the planes along with the amazing DJI Phantom, that has to do for the moment.

Thread: Which Hitec Radio
26/12/2017 13:39:49

I've had the Aurora for about 5 years, it's been faultless. Having the touch screen to programme it is very intuitive. An excellent radio and I've been very pleased with it. I moved away from Futaba as the cost of the receivers was just going up all the time, the Hitec receivers have stayed the same. I've also bought a Hitec clone from Airtek but not used it yet. I saw that it's being discontinued so there should be some deals if there are any left.

Thread: Does your club welcome multirotor flying?
22/12/2017 13:52:06

Yes. You can fly over the main strip if you're on your own. If others are present ask permission to use the strip, the same restriction is applied to helicopters. Or use the dedicated heli training area whenever you want without restriction. If it flies, it's of interest to most of our Club members.

04/12/2017 16:53:40

This is the one, the yellow to make it stand out, the whole thing just looks cool.

messerschmitt_bf_109e_at_thunder_over_michigan.jpg

04/12/2017 14:28:41

Bucksboy, Emil please, more than happy to pay for the fancy spinner.

Thread: Good News from the BMFA AGM
25/11/2017 04:06:11

I also agree with David. Of course it's right that we can challenge the BMFA but it's gone past pettiness. I expect I'm like most members, I'm in the BMFA for the cheap insurance and the knowledge that if the Club needs them, they'll be there to help. I've never needed the cheap insurance and they did help when the Club was threatened. Luckily I've got a job where I can easily afford the £34 a year and I'm amazed how little it goes up each year. So, from the silent majority, thanks. Let's hope I'll get to the Nats next year, I've received good early notice and can try and plan a bit better.

30/10/2017 15:30:30

I totally understand your decision, hence my small stockpile of your kits. I'll have the E model, spinner and retracts, wheels etc. please. When and if you decide to go ahead with a limited production run that is.

30/10/2017 14:57:20

Where did you buy the FMS retracts from? From Richard?

19/10/2017 13:43:16

Here is a snap of my long since departed Brian Taylor 109, so good I'm building another. There's always room for another quick build version though. I posted in the other thread, if this goes to kit form, please count me as a definite.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
17/10/2017 07:52:42

Count me in for a 109 please.

Thread: Printing the perfect scale model
15/10/2017 19:40:21

I agree, what is the difference between making a scale gun turret from scraps of wood and plastic and designing and then printing one? None as far as I'm concerned, it's just a different skill to mine to get to the same goal. My turret is no better (probably worse in truth) than the 3D printers just because I made it out of bits found in my more traditional workshop. I'm sure we'll see a massive increase in 3D printed parts, even over what we've seen so far.

Thread: Rabbit Problems
15/10/2017 19:32:17

We tried all these approaches but they all take up too much time. No-one wants to go to the club field everynight for an hour or two to shoot rabbits or chase them with ferrets. We spent a fortune on proprietary anti rabbit products, even buying a purpose made spreader to drag behind the mower dispensing whatever it was. Everything failed, this was over a series of years that we tried, all without success. The AstroTurf is not cheap to lay but it is maintenance free, the rabbits go elsewhere, we get a fantastic surface to fly from and our flying has improved now there is a definite target to land on. Small foams with their tiny retracts love the surface. Nothing damages the surface, big glow powered props make no impact on it at all. After a couple of years we extended the area because we liked it so much.

The downside is the costs to fetch it from your donor and have it laid I'm afraid.

Edited By Bucksboy on 15/10/2017 19:32:48

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Motion RC
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us